Old 03-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Edisto Island , South Carolina
New owner question - Identify this?

Hi,
We are new to Airstreaming, but not to RV's. So I've been having fun learning some of the traits unique to our new Flying Cloud. I'm puzzled about some of the LP plumbing and am hoping someone can clear up my mystery. There is a white potable water pipe that exits the bottom of the trailer directly below the lower right of the refrigerator compartment (pipe does not go through the compartment). Then the pipe runs to the middle of the underbelly and appears to tee into the copper propane piping. I'm virtually certain that this white plastic pipe is not propane related, but I haven't figured out what it is for or why it connects to the propane piping. Ok, all you experienced Airstreamers, can you help me? Here are some photos.
Thanks for your help.

BobV
'13 25' Flying Cloud
'08 Ford Expedition
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tee 1a.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	180607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tee 2a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	180608  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tee 3a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	180609  

Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Haven't crawled beneath a 25' Flying Cloud but you have what appears to be a propane line sheathed in white plastic there. One for refrigeration, one for stove and another for the heater/furnace. It is late but I have a feeling that we have one (on our 2012 Bambi 16) wrapped in white plastic too. I will look in the AM when I am dressed again (we are "camping" in a Walmart parking lot tonight on the outskirts of Savannah GA on our way to Edisto Beach tomorrow).
Bruce

Old 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Bruce,
Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing what you find out. Maybe that pipe ends up going to the water heater, which is towards the left rear of our trailer.

And enjoy Edisto Beach! Did you notice that we live here on Edisto Island? Have a safe trip up from Savannah.

BobV
'13 25' Flying Cloud
'08 Ford Expedition
Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edistobob View Post
Bruce,
Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing what you find out. Maybe that pipe ends up going to the water heater, which is towards the left rear of our trailer.

And enjoy Edisto Beach! Did you notice that we live here on Edisto Island? Have a safe trip up from Savannah.

BobV
'13 25' Flying Cloud
'08 Ford Expedition
Bob,
We have been on the road all day and I am tired. How I missed that I can't imagine!
I will report back in the AM!
Bruce
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
I think Bruce figured it out. It is a propane line that has been protected with plastic sheathing. Good idea for exposed lines. It probably goes to your refridgerator but the sheathing is only on the parts of the tubing that are underneath the trailer. No idea why only that one would be covered, uness it was replaced and whomever replaced it put it in the sheathing.

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I have been looking at the 2013 FC series and have seen the white PEX type tubing covering the copper gas lines for protection. It is a very nice addition to the AS build quality. The FC's that I have looked at seem to be quite nicely done, overall.

So, it is just a cover for the copper lines.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Idroba,
Are all of the propane lines covered in the Flying Clouds you have seen? For some reason this is the only one that is covered on mine. All of the other lines, including those running to the tanks, are naked in all their glory underneath the trailer. As you can see by my photos, this particular line has maybe 4' of distance from where it exits the trailer to the tee location. It does hang down the farthest of any. Where it makes the curve at its exit point you can see how far it hangs down in the first photo.
Thanks,
BobV
Old 03-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Chuck,
Thanks. The biggest mystery now is, indeed, why is that the only one covered? It is not the refrigerator line--that line is visible in the first photo towards the left side. I'm thinking this one heads towards the water heater which is a few feet aft of the refrigerator. I'm going to take a closer look at the water heater line later today and try to confirm that. Apparently the line to the water heater runs inside the trailer rather than underneath on the belly. That might be exactly why it is covered--because it is partially concealed.

Thanks,
BobV

Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
I think Bruce figured it out. It is a propane line that has been protected with plastic sheathing. Good idea for exposed lines. It probably goes to your refridgerator but the sheathing is only on the parts of the tubing that are underneath the trailer. No idea why only that one would be covered, uness it was replaced and whomever replaced it put it in the sheathing.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just bought a Cloud myself. I think that is the drain for the refrigerator. Should drip water with the refrigerator running. Then again it could be the drain for the AC. We covered so much ground on the walk thru I hate to say with certainty.

BTW, it was suggested that I place a flea collar in that compartment to keep the critters from making a home in that compartment.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edistobob View Post
The biggest mystery now is, indeed, why is that the only one covered?
If you look at the pipe clamp closest to the Tee, you'll see that it's definitely over-sized. Very likely that there was a plastic cover on that tubing at one time, too.

Looks like you could take a piece of split plastic tubing and slip it over the copper tubing without having to remove a pipe clamp. Might have to secure the split tubing with white cable ties…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
"Flea collar in the fridge compartment." We stay away from poisoning the air if we can help it, what the critters breathe and die from is also in the air we breathe.

doug k
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
guyton , Georgia
wow i live in sav. still working on my as should be done by the end of april.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
The flea collar is on the outside of the trailer where the propane lines are.....not in the fridge itself.