Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2016, 11:47 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Need help adjusting Atwood cooktop burner.

I have an Atwood Range with 3 burner cook-top and the right rear burner needs adjusted (big yellow flame) when started. This is on a 2015 flying cloud. The other two burners work fine. I can't find info on how to adjust the burner. I cant seem to lift the top to take a look for an adjust screw. Are these sealed burners? I saw a couple of youtube videos of people lifting the lid easily, though not the exact same model. Also the two working burners seem to be stationary while the defective one cam be turned back and forth somewhat. Hope someone has some advice for me. Thanks in advance.
Jukeboxfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Sounds like the burner in question has slipped out of position. Most sealed burners are permanently mounted and the top of the stove is not removable as was the case in older model stoves. I doubt that is the case with an RV cook top. But I could be wrong.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Sounds like the burner in question has slipped out of position. Most sealed burners are permanently mounted and the top of the stove is not removable as was the case in older model stoves. I doubt that is the case with an RV cook top. But I could be wrong.
I think the burner caps are attached to the top. I think I may have a screw loose underneath on the one cap. I'll try again today.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Yellow flame tips, see page 10.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/dealer-m...angeManual.pdf
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post

"RA Ranges and Cooktops
Improper orifice to burner alignment
-------
Realign burner head and orifice tube assembly
Replace
orifice"

Yes, I saw that one in my search for info. Not very instructive as to how to do that though. I guess I have use a little more force to lift the cook-top to see what's going on.

Old 07-31-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
Finally got the lid up, it wasn't easy the clips in the front don't give without some force. No air adjustments on these. I noticed the gaskets on the gas tubes where they meet the burner top are falling apart, going to find replacements. It's hard to get the top down because the burner tubes have to align with the burners. Problem not solved yet! I checked the gas orifice on the problem burner, there are no food spills or obstructions. If I finally get working I will report my findings.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2023 25' Globetrotter
Manheim , Pennsylvania
We fixed our stove top. Here is a video about that and our USB charger.