Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-11-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Abiquiu , New Mexico
Naive new owner of 93 Excella 1000

Help, I am trying to hook up my water and run my grey water out with a hose to trees in my back yard. I'm not using the black tank at all. I have replaced the toilet with a composting toilet.
The manual has no diagram of where the fresh water goes in. Is there a place to hook up the hose on both sides of the excella or only on the door side? Do I still use the fresh water tank if I am hooked up to a hose from a well?
I am new at this and need some savy advice.

Thanks!
Melodie
melmilhoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
I'm not totally sure for your model. On mine, all the "business" connections are "street side" - the opposite of the door (which is curb side).

You should see a connection the size of a garden hose connection that says something like CITY WATER. You would connect your water source here to get water flowing throughout your trailer. That same side of the trailer (underneath) would have the connection for what's affectionately known as the "stinky slinky" - the wider (3") hose that drains your tanks (or in your case, the gray tank).

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Just make sure u use new clean white hose for city water and do not confuse city water with fresh water, i have both on mine and fresh water is where i hook up green hose to clean out black tank. Do not know if you have borh, but just in case.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMilhoan View Post
Help, I am trying to hook up my water and run my grey water out with a hose to trees in my back yard. I'm not using the black tank at all. I have replaced the toilet with a composting toilet.
The manual has no diagram of where the fresh water goes in. Is there a place to hook up the hose on both sides of the excella or only on the door side? Do I still use the fresh water tank if I am hooked up to a hose from a well?
I am new at this and need some savy advice.

Thanks!
Melodie
Congrats on the 34....we have the same trailer.

The city/well water hose hooks up to the street side (drivers side) at the rear corner of the trailer. The fresh water fill is via the small keyed door on the other side approximately over the center wheel. There is no screw on connection for adding the fresh water, just stick the hose in and add the water slowly. It will hold app 50 gallons.

If you are hooked up to city/well water with a hose, you do not need to use the fresh water in the tank....it must be pumped using the on board water pump.

Glad to have you in Club 34.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Welcome fellow 34'er!
As above... All "connections" on street(port/left side).

For drain of gray you can get a cap with a garden hose connection. Then run hose where you will. (Obeying the law of Man and physics of course)
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote