Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
micro pulse systems monitor

This is new unit and it needs calibration, especially the black and grey water tanks ,,,seems I remember that there were instructions on how to do this, but I can't seem to find them, can anybody help???
Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
If your trailer is new you should have a copy in the AS brief case. Here is a copy as well.

I've had problems with they grey sensor. It was replaced earlier this year, worked for one trip and is now screwed up. The dealer said it might be the controller itself. I have less than a month remaining on my 2 yr warranty, and really am not in the mood to travel to the other side of the state for the dealer to check and repair/replace as needed. I am beginning to agree with what others have said, it is a POS...

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Micropulse System Monitor.pdf (121.2 KB, 121 views)
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
tnx big time,,, that is exactly what I was looking for. For some reason I didn't get it in my packet, but as soon as we get home, I'm going to print it out and try it. This is a brand new unit and the system just needs calibration I'm sure. Thanks again
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
The instructions are not what I would consider user friendly. I would read them through 2 or 3 time before you actually start the calibration procedure. If needed, you can calibrate only 1 tank, but you will only understand that by pre-reading.

I was frustrated the first time I attempted to calibrate the system, but felt better when the dealers service tech kinda rolled his eyes and got someone else to assist. They too read each step using the same literature we get. I did notice that their copy had a lot of notes written all over.

I need to pull my sensor before I attempt to re-cal, and determine if I am having continuous sensor issues or if the 'brains' are bad....
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
[QUOTE=drew05;1186946I have less than a month remaining on my 2 yr warranty, and really am not in the mood to travel to the other side of the state for the dealer to check and repair/replace as needed. I am beginning to agree with what others have said, it is a POS...

Good Luck [/QUOTE]

Double check with the manufacturer but at one time they warranted the controller for 5 years. They sent me a new unit to replace mind which had developed a burnt out LED.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Although it is not in the manual, I found after several calibration attempts, that I got greater accuracy if I let the system sit for several hours between steps. For instance, fill the fresh tank; sit for a couple hours; calibrate the full step. empty the fresh tank; let sit for a couple hours; perform the empty calibration. Repeat for the other tanks.

Leave the monitor on the whole time....it doesn't time out or care how long it stays at any step in the process.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I will second what drew05 said about the manual not being very user friendly. For some reason my freshwater readout stopped working last year. I read through the directions and managed to recalibrate it and it is working fine now.

The problem that I had was that you had to empty the tank, fill it enough to read "empty", fill it and recalibrate. Unless you are hooked up to a sewer this will take a lot of time. I was able to drain the fresh water at the curb so it went quickly. If my gray water needs recalibration I am not sure what I would do. Oh, my black tank has never worked but I don't want to even try to fix that one. I use the time tested procedure of looking down the opening.

Good luck as others have said.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
I've printed out the inst. and am trying to do it,,, ya'll ain't just a whisling Dixie when you talk about user friendly. Anyway, the bright side is that its a brand new unit, and none of the tanks have had anything but clear water in them so it makes it a lot more pleasant to do. I've got another question, but I won't post it here as I don't want to hi-jack my own thread.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Snedwid, I also make sure I have a pencil (with eraser), some water (to drink), and no other distractions.

I guess a somewhat rhetorical question for the group is "were the old probe systems really that bad"?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05 View Post
Snedwid, I also make sure I have a pencil (with eraser), some water (to drink), and no other distractions.

I guess a somewhat rhetorical question for the group is "were the old probe systems really that bad"?
About the same IMO. They would give false readings when TP or other materials/chemicals would contact both terminals. I had to be much more conscious of flushing the tanks periodically with my old SOB with the "contact" type sensors. Out of habit I still flush the tanks thoroughly once a year in my AS. I really hve no complaints (yet?) with my Micropulse, other than hard to calibrate. It has been fine now for over a year....Fresh is very accurate....grey is very accurate.....black shows 1/8 full when dead empty and is pretty accurate when almost full. I called this good enough at my last calibration attempt and it has held true for a year.

I will say this; just as I found it takes some time for the system to "settle" during calibration, it sometimes takes some time to settle after being on the road. I think it's wind in the vent stacks and "stuff" sloshing around causes pressure differentials, constantly, and sorta confuses the sensors.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote