Old 03-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Tallahassee , Florida
My Micropulse never worked properly. E-mailed Jackson center their response was to recalibrate or go to the dealer. I recalibrated several times with no luck. Not willing to make a 8 hour round trip to the dealer

The question is how many people purchased a new Sea Level System? Does it work? What did you pay and can you use the same flat cables?

Thanks
Jason

Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
I had the same experience.... re-calibration did not work. Tried it several times. So I pulled out the Micropulse system and replaced it with a See Level system. The latter seems to work perfectly. I posted on this conversion...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444...-a-129739.html

George

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I want a system that reliable tells me the levels

Mine when tested with tanks all clean and using just water was fine - but in practice it will give weird results

It's such a bummer - and a bummer the replacement system could cost me as I recall like 2k - blah

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Well, the experiment is done. Back from our first attempt at extended vacation and all was great except that the Micropulse constantly kept us on our toes. Literally in one instance when the grey water said half full, but it overflowed into the shower.
The fresh water showed empty all the time so it didn't matter as long as there was some available. The only problem was I was always carrying too much water between camp sights that had water available.
No matter.
Airstream has kindly,with the insistence of a great service department at Midtown RV in Penticton BC, agreed to replace our ailing Micropulse with the new and improved See Level at no cost to us.
Thank you Randy and Brenna.

George
Old 03-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
My warranty expires in November - I've tried calibration to no avail - unpredictability recurs

I'm hoping they will replace the POS

Old 03-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
My warranty expires in November - I've tried calibration to no avail - unpredictability recurs

I'm hoping they will replace the POS

I asked when I had service at the Mothership last year. They would not replace it under warranty they DID calibrate it to perfection and it worked flawlessly all year - but I'm worried now because I had to have my FW tank replaced (also warranty - something broken at the top of the tank - dealer replaced under warranty) so now I have no idea if they calibrated it correctly. We'll see...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
I had mine calibrated 3 times. The last was before my 4 month trip and it quit the first day. My grey overflowed into the shower once when it was showing 3/4 full. I Had had enough. My dealership warranty department really pressed hard and they got results. New system is in and the battery monitor even matches the Trimetric. Who hoo!
They must have replaced a few Micropulse units because they have it down to a system using the existing wiring.
Keep on them.

George
Old 03-29-2015, 08:20 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Problem is I really don't have the time to drag it over 5 hours to the dealer - but I am bringing it to dealer in April for work and perhaps calibration will work and if not then what? Re calibration again? We shall see

Old 09-15-2015, 06:16 PM   #37
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Waking up this thread to ask a question, as we're pressing our dealer work with Airstream under warranty until they either get our Micropulse working reliably or swap it out for a See Level.

The question is this: Has anyone with a cranky Micropulse had it start working reliably after running the Micropulse ground wire to the battery instead of to the frame? We already have new sensors all around, with patches on Rocinante's belly pan to prove it. That worked for 36 hours after we took it home. The new theory is that the Micropulse should work reliably if they ensure a robust ground connection with the battery vs. leaving it grounded to the frame.

Our dealer got this idea from chatting with the folks at Garnet (See Level) who said their system requires a very good ground, preferably connected directly to the battery negative. Just wondering whether this is a path worth following while they wait to hear from Airstream, which apparently hasn't been very responsive on our tank sensor issues. Our dealer has been pretty helpful overall and they are one of the largest dealers, so I'm hoping they'll get a good answer soon. Meanwhile, we'll be calling Airstream directly tomorrow to see whether we can help them get some traction.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:18 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
As mentioned above, I gave up on the Micropulse. I tried several times to recalibrate the system using the directions that came with the AS. No luck. And I could never get anyone to answer the phone at the company that supplies the system. So out it came. I ran a ground wire from each See Level sensor back to the See Level monitor. I'm not sure how they were connected to ground at that point, but I didn't make a special effort to ground them directly to the battery. I probably just used the ground wire that had been used by the Micropulse. It has worked flawlessly since I installed it about 9 months ago.

George

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #39
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Thanks, George.

Just to be clear and fair, our dealer has been supportive throughout regarding our tank sensor issues. It has been a pain in the neck for us and for them. They are doing their best to ensure this problem is resolved to our satisfaction before the warranty expires at the end of November. Based on our conversation with them today, we're confident they will succeed.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote