Old 11-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
The main concerns for us have been the fresh water which read full until We got where we were going and the battery which read full all the time.
Just a point here that the first time they looked at it they found that all the wiring was hooked up incorrectly from the factory. The second time they just did a recalibration, while the third time ( last one) they had to change the head and all the sensors because with the old sensors, every time they got one tank to work, another one quit. It is my understanding that they had to start over with everything new to get them all to work.
Cross your fingers.

George

Old 11-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
So , day one into our 120 day trip ( don't worry, I'll skip days).
Started this am by partially filling the tank as it's -8 C here in Kelowna and I don't need a full tank to head south.
I actually watched the light on the fresh water tank turn from red to orange as it hit the 3/4 mark. Cool! Have never noticed that before.
More in a few days, but so far so good.

George

Old 11-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Well it's day 4 into the Micropulse test and I am unhappy to report a complete fail.
After arriving in Corbett Washington and checking my gauge and having it show less than half, I decided to fill so we could have showers and all.
Well after about 3 to 4 gallons in it overflowed!
Checked the gauge and it showed 1/2 to 3/4 red colour.
This morning after only using water for dishes ( minimal) and toilet, the gauge showed 2 bars and empty.
I hope someone at Airstream is reading this because if I can't trust a simple thing like a fresh water gauge how can I trust the rest of them.
Come on Airstream, we don't all go to RV parks where gauges are redundant.
For this kind of money I want a system from you that works.

George
Old 11-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Sorry for the disappointing news.

My previous 17' Casita didn't have a holding tank monitoring system so I guess I'm going to have to used to that again with my Airstream.

My AS is winterized and in storage so I'll have to wait until spring.

Kelvin
Old 11-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I fixed my Micro Pulse system once and for all by simply throwing it away!
I have never seen such a finicky, difficult to calibrate, unreliable piece of junk in my life! Btw, I checked voltage, I replaced the panel, I replaced sensors and even wires without luck before I simply installed a nice SeeLeveL system about a year and a half ago. Guess what? Everything works now just like the day I installed it!!!
No more excuses, no more guessing tank levels, just a nice working system.
Bruce

http://http://www.airforums.com/forums/f163/good-bye-micropulse-102968.html
Old 11-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Bruce, I know about and read about your install.
My point with all this was to document exactly what was going wrong. When I called A/S on it they basically told me that they hadn't had many complaints and that they needed me to take it in and have s dealer fix it because they believe it is a good workable system.
This with the 6 hours spent fixing and replacing everything in the system may help to show them.
They put the See level in the Eddie Bauer in 2014 ( and earlier?)because they advertised it as a unit that one could dry camp in, so obviously they knew that the Micropulse was useless in that situation.
I want them to pay for the installation of a working monitor system worthy of an $80,000 trailer.
They need to be called on this by everyone who has a problem and then maybe we can get them recalled and fixed just like all the other manufacturers out there would have to do.

George
Old 11-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB International
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
George,

I started the thread in the throes of happiness as my sensor system was working perfectly after the new batteries were installed. It was quite a relief after months of dealing with problems very similar to yours. Well,
4 months later and there are hints of trouble. Currently all of the sensors seem to be proper with the exception of the fresh water. After one shower the full tank shows a drop to 1/2; a little more hand-washing, etc and it drops into the red. So here we go.

If this continues ( and you know it well ) I'll investigate to see if my extended warranty will come into play. You are right, for this much money you would expect something this basic to work. I took the tour at Jackson Center and was very impressed with the detail and quality; maybe it's just that the Micro Pulse salesman is awesome.

When I was in high school my friend measured the gas in his tank with a rock tied to a string; maybe we need to look into it.

Don
Old 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Micropulse changes with ambient outdoor temps. Micropulse never worked as advertised. I had 2 replacement warranty units, same issue...new batteries, old batteries, the story was the same.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Summerland , British Columbia
George , sorry to hear about this! I am researching what to put in my own Airstream when I get to that point in the rebuild. Needless to say it won't be a micro pulse. I will let Brenna know and hope we can take care of this for you.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
George , sorry to hear about this! I am researching what to put in my own Airstream when I get to that point in the rebuild. Needless to say it won't be a micro pulse. I will let Brenna know and hope we can take care of this for you.
Aha, that's who Fixxxer is. I thought as much. I will fix the friend request.
As I was saying to my wife, Tracy if you can't trust what the level is in the fresh water tank , then how can you trust the other readings.
I have been pumping from an "empty" fresh water tank for 2 days now. How full are my black and grey that read empty?
Not your fault.
Airstream needs to fix this.

George
Old 11-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeikle View Post
Bruce, I know about and read about your install.
My point with all this was to document exactly what was going wrong. When I called A/S on it they basically told me that they hadn't had many complaints and that they needed me to take it in and have s dealer fix it because they believe it is a good workable system.
This with the 6 hours spent fixing and replacing everything in the system may help to show them.
They put the See level in the Eddie Bauer in 2014 ( and earlier?)because they advertised it as a unit that one could dry camp in, so obviously they knew that the Micropulse was useless in that situation.
I want them to pay for the installation of a working monitor system worthy of an $80,000 trailer.
They need to be called on this by everyone who has a problem and then maybe we can get them recalled and fixed just like all the other manufacturers out there would have to do.

George
I love hearing about Airstream employees denying that their MicroPulse systems have any issues...
Ask any dealer service manager how often these things come in for warranty service sometime. Go ahead, ask. I have taken polls at several WBCCI events and at Alumapaluza and never found anyone with a 100% working system out of warranty. Most of the time people just look at me like I was stupid when I asked.
We know in reading here on the forums that some people have succeeded in getting Airstream to replace the system for the SeeLeveL system so there is no question they are aware. My guess is that some owners apply the correct pressure....
In my case the installation was simple enough to perform so I simply bit the bullet and did it myself. I probably spent as much to purchase the replacement system as I would have on fuel just delivering the Airstream back to the dealers do back home. I certainly spent less time installing it than I would have spent driving there and back.
I believe they count on owner apathy and deny that there are problems to avoid the warranty cost of replacing a system.
Bruce
Old 02-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Costa Mesa , California
I wish they would recall all of these Micropulse monitors. The operator manual does not reflect the display functions of the Microplulse 2 monitor in my Interstate which has no "cal complete", "ready for fill", "ready for empty", "select tank" or "Diagnostics" LED indicators as referenced in the calibration procedure.
The calibration procedure does not work as instructed to.
It says nothing in the manual about any calibration of the LP tank sensor or a step by step procedure to calibrate a single tank.
The company that makes the monitor CATCON Products Inc doesn't answer the phone "ever" so it is a worthless system with no support. I would never buy anything from CATCON Products.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 02-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I've resigned to myself that I will probably get Airstream to install a Sealevel system in the future. Cheaper than buying a new Airstram. Il also get them to replace the freshwater drain with a metal valve.

Kelvin
Old 02-07-2015, 07:53 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
I'll just add my 2 cents worth, in case AS reads these posts. We bought ours used and the fresh water sensor always read full, until this year when it doesn't register at all.

Gray water registers what it feels like, sometime reading full when it's just been emptied, sometimes it shows orange and 5/8 when we go to bed, then green and 1/2 when we get up. I'm pretty sure we don't have a leak. Then it goes back to 5/8 and orange again.

The black water tank appears to be working OK. At least something on the panel works right.

I think that if AS wanted to keep Catcon as a vendor for the tank sensors it should have put more pressure on them to produce a quality product. To allow this low quality product to be installed on their trailers for so long makes me wonder what else they allow.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote