Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Dogs Rule

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Liberty Hill , TX
LP to external Grill

Have a Nest & like it, alot. Now I want to add an external grill (like a Weber Q2200) and use the 20 lb tank installed on the Nest. There is an existing quick connect and valve to this set up. I have the hose with the male quick connect to the existing female quick connect.
Question is what fittings are needed to connect the hose to the grill?
Anyone accomplished this?

Thanks
Jcpelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
I use the Weber Q1200 and purchased a low pressure conversion kit from Propane Gear to replace the regulator on the grill.

I also had them supply the fittings needed to quickly fasten the regulator back on if I needed to use the 1 lb bottles on occasion.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Simply remove the regulator from the Weber and screw the hose directly to the fitting where the regulator was attached. A regulator is no needed as your trailer already has a regulator on your propane tanks. Just make sure to save the regulator so you can reattach it in the event you want to use the BBQ with external propane tanks in the future.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewarden View Post
Simply remove the regulator from the Weber and screw the hose directly to the fitting where the regulator was attached. A regulator is no needed as your trailer already has a regulator on your propane tanks. Just make sure to save the regulator so you can reattach it in the event you want to use the BBQ with external propane tanks in the future.

Is this your best guess or have you done This? There is a chance the regulator on the Weber is different or lower pressure than the airstream?
Old 08-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
FYI there is a recent thread about doing this for a Volcano:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f287...-185126-2.html

Good luck,

Peter

FYI
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 27' International
Sherwood Park , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by troubadour1 View Post
Is this your best guess or have you done This? There is a chance the regulator on the Weber is different or lower pressure than the airstream?
Yes, I have done this with a Weber Q1000 and it has worked perfectly on 3 different trailers with propane quick connects, the last being our Airstream. As far as the Volcano goes, I do not know anything about them or why you can't do this with them.
thewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Yes, I have done this with a Weber Q1000 and it has worked perfectly on 3 different trailers with propane quick connects, the last being our Airstream. As far as the Volcano goes, I do not know anything about them or why you can't do this with them.
I'm the original poster of the Volcano issue. There appears to be two types of grills- those that use a low pressure propane of about 0.4 PSI, and those that use a high pressure of about 10 PSI. The AS LP quick connect has 0.4 PSI, or about 11 inches of water column. Because of this, grills that have the low pressure design will work merely by removing the regulator and connecting the LP port to the grill. This appears to be the case with most grills, like the Q1000. The Volcano grill (and some others) need high pressure, and won't work with this modification. (I've tried).
Old 08-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Quick Connect to Weber Q:
https://www.introductiontoeverything...or-to-weber-q/

Quick connect hose extension for Q and Generator:
https://www.introductiontoeverything...y-rvs-lp-port/

I hope those help!
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:00 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Austin , Texas
Quote:

Cool I just bought a Q 1200 going to try this method , will post photos of the journey.

I think all I need is a hose then that connects from my AS portal to the grill. Right ? Just making sure I have the correct materials. Then once I remove the regulator on the Weber it just goes straight on.