Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Jacksonville , Florida
LP Quick Disconnect

Have purchased quick disconnect fittings to outfit a weber small gas grill and Coleman stove. Leak tested and yellow taped.

Problem. Im not getting any gas flow.

Tanks are both full. Using stove inside. Both bottles opened.

Thoughts?
Mento05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 25' Excella
2011 19' Flying Cloud
Santa Ynez , California
Picture?
Gas at the other fixtures?

Alan
AlinCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Did you buy mating pairs? I bought some allegedly low pressure QDs from camping world that were, in fact high pressure and they didn't mate properly with my stove.

If you bought mating pairs, were they for propane gas use? The ones I bought had shutoff valves on them. If you got high pressure QDs they may not work on the very low pressure trailer gas line.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:03 AM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Is the valve on the low pressure outlet open (lever parallel to the direction of gas flow)?
Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Orange Beach , Alabama
I am having the same problem with my 2018AS27-FB. I have connected the supplied LPG hose to the outlet which is supposed to supply up to a 25,000 BTU service. When connected to my 7500 BTU grill the flame is very low and not adjustable to high. The outside valve is open parallel to the line. When you get some guidance please advise. Thank you, Trinity
robertwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Also note that the AS regulator and gas system runs at 11 inches of water column (11" WC) pressure, which is about 1/2 pound per square inch (PSI) or less.

Some grills and other devices have pressure regulators inside that expect about 100 PSI of propane tank pressure directly from the tank, and regulate it down for their internal burners.

Check to see if the appliance has it's own regulator, and if so, you will need a bypass kit or replacement parts to properly work with only 11" WC pressure input.

The super-low flame is a tip-off that you have an extra regulator in the system somewhere. Regulators that are designed to drop tank pressure down to the pressure needed for the burner typically do not flow much gas, if at all, if the pressure is below their normal input rated pressure...

We went through this on the forums when a few of us adapted Champion 3400 watt Inverter dual-fuel generators to hook up to the AS gas system after the built-in regulator. It required removing the Champion-supplied high pressure regulator that is normally fed from the propane bottle directly, and feeding the quick connect flow from the AS built-in regulator directly to the Champion low pressure engine regulator to make them work correctly.

I think this is the same type issue...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:46 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Orange Beach , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Also note that the AS regulator and gas system runs at 11 inches of water column (11" WC) pressure, which is about 1/2 pound per square inch (PSI) or less.

Some grills and other devices have pressure regulators inside that expect about 100 PSI of propane tank pressure directly from the tank, and regulate it down for their internal burners.

Check to see if the appliance has it's own regulator, and if so, you will need a bypass kit or replacement parts to properly work with only 11" WC pressure input.

The super-low flame is a tip-off that you have an extra regulator in the system somewhere. Regulators that are designed to drop tank pressure down to the pressure needed for the burner typically do not flow much gas, if at all, if the pressure is below their normal input rated pressure...

We went through this on the forums when a few of us adapted Champion 3400 watt Inverter dual-fuel generators to hook up to the AS gas system after the built-in regulator. It required removing the Champion-supplied high pressure regulator that is normally fed from the propane bottle directly, and feeding the quick connect flow from the AS built-in regulator directly to the Champion low pressure engine regulator to make them work correctly.

I think this is the same type issue...

Thank you! Each appliance has its own regulator. I have purchased a hose capable of going from my AS tank to the 1-pound tank connection on the appliance. For now this will solve my problem. I will work on removing the appliance regulator followed by a test run. Thanks again.
robertwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Some appliances do offer conversion kits.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:35 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Flushing , Michigan
I purchased the WeberQ conversion kit from MBSturgis (same supplier as the external quick disconnect at the front of the Airstream). After the kit install—which requires removing the WeberQ regulator—mine tested fine. The kit install is easy, just follow the video—most difficult step is unscrewing the Weber Q regulator which has some loctite holding it very stiff. It takes a few minutes to be sure the longer hose fills with LP gas after opening the valve. ��
steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
The Panhandle , Idaho
As others have said, you cannot use the stove or grill if they have their own regulators when connecting to the already regulated quick disconnect fitting on the AS.

Another option would be a propane tee connected to one of the two main tanks, similar to this one from eTrailer: https://www.etrailer.com/question-157464.html

This might be your best option depending on the grill and stove you have. Our grill has the control knob integrated in the regulator. So I can't just remove the regulator without also removing the control for the grill.
Hoagie is offline   Reply With Quote