Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
LP light on refrigerator when connected to shore power

I have a new 27FB Flying Cloud. We are in campground and connected to shore power. TVs work, microwave, etc. The refrigerator is set to auto (green auto led is on) but the display keeps alternating between the temperature (39 right now) and "LP". Is it actually running on LP and if so, why is it not running on shore power?
jnm30327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Check in the compartment behind the refrigerator and make sure the fridge power cord is plugged into the outlet, and the outlet has full 110 volt AC power available...

It's been known to have that cord just laying on the floor back there..
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
I checked and it is plugged in. I will have to figure out how to check the power to it in the morning. Other outlets are OK.

At this campground, there is only 30 amps available even though I have a 50 amp service. No need for AC so not a problem, but wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Old 11-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Could be that your adapter does not put power to both sides of the 50 amp cord.

Also, check your GFCI outlets and make sure all of them are on--the fridge may be on a GFCI circuit (which is not a great idea, but I seem to remember some AS are like that...

Need to have a multimeter and 110V AC test light in your toolkit...they come in handy.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Try shutting it off and restarting it. This resets it.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
<Try shutting it off and restarting it. This resets it.>

I think that is the answer! I just did that and the LP light is no longer blinking.

I wonder if this was just series of events or if this is necessary each time you switch from LP to shore? I had driven the day with the refrigerator on LP and connected up to shore when we arrived at campground.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
LP light on refrigerator when connected to shore power

It happens sometimes. It doesn’t light goes into fault then switches to electric. But the fault remains and cause the light to blink.

Especially when the trailer has been off for awhile. The gas isn’t at the ignition point and the ignighter cycles then faults.

I usually light the stove to purge some gas, then turn the fridge on.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Framingham , Massachusetts
On mine, 2017 Serenity 25FB, you can toggle the "source" switch so it will auto change power sources or so it ignores power and ONLY runs on propane. Perhaps that was the problem? (Turning it off, then back on resets this back to "auto" mode on mine.)
quietguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Saratoga , California
Just a few weeks ago, I had a similar problem with the fridge after we arrived at the campsite. After plugging in the shore power, the fridge display was indicating an error.

The fix was - turn off the fridge, turn off the shore power, waited for 10-20 sec., turn on the shore power, and then turn on the fridge.

Turning the fridge off-to-on did not fix it. It appeared the fridge controller was in a bad state and a total power reset was required to fix the problem.
Journey'81 is offline   Reply With Quote