Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The answer you got does sound possible. Newer trailers will off gas alot of different fumes. It will happen more when the weather is hot.

You can test your detector with a butane lighter. Point the lighter at the unit and press the button. Do not spin the wheel to light the flame. The unit should sound off in a few seconds and remain sounding untill the gas level drops into the safe range.

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
2007 16' International CCD
Bend , Oregon

A butane lighter....makes perfect sense. Will definitely give that a try.

And yes, the offgassing certainly makes sense as well. When I designed and built my current home, I spend considerable effort reducing these indoor chemicals (all natural floor coverings, zero VOC paints, formaldehyde free cabinet materials, soy-based spray foam insulation, etc.). I'm sure the same care was not taken with the AS outfitting.

hdhegedus is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off