Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2002, 05:03 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Low pressure / High pressure appliances

This may be basic, but what appliances are high pressure vs low? I am completely starting from scratch an interior restoration, and am putting in all new appliances. The LPG tanks I'll have to retrofit new overfill valves to, but is the gas coming off the regulators considered high or low pressure? I will be adding an LP refrigerator & range, and I have already a Suburban heater, and I will be adding a Suburban water heater as well.
Basic stuff, I know, but better safe....

As an aside..I see that copper pipe seems to be the standard to make the runs to the appliances. Any reason not to run flexible pigtails off a manifold? Seems to me it would be safer from road hazards if I could nest these into the trailer's frame, much like brake lines in a car.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 06:29 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Low vs High Pressure

Low pressure comes off the regulator. Anything inside the trailer will be low pressure. The only things that ordinarily are high pressure are things like BBQs and outside stoves. Like your BBQ at home, they attach directly to the tank.

When I rerouted some propane piping on my old Scamp, I showed my change to the Scamp factory and suggested they follow suit. I was told by the factory folks that there are rules as to where the lines may be run and how they must be protected. They agreed that my installation was a lot nicer than theirs, but that mine didn't follow all of the rules.

Probably not of any great consequence except for the question of liability in case of an accident. I don't think anyone is likely to come around and inspect the piping in your or my unit.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote