Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Well, I lured a friend over this morning and we just started at the beginning.
Turned tank #2 on, lit the stove, lit the oven, lit the heater.
All seems to work OK, no alarms went off.
Switched over to tank #1 (the one that everything went haywire on, thought it was empty, but it only took 1.2 lbs of propane) All seemed to go well, but I didn't leave it on long. Put it back on tank #2 and I am now a happy camper.

Still want to figure out the sootiness that happened in the oven before. I will try cleaning it up and see if it happens anymore. Could there have been a little contaminant in the propane tank?

Thanks,
Carol

Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
San Luis Obispo , California
I had a similar problem recently and found the problem was in the new type propane valves. My furnace would not stay lit and the flame on the stove burners was very small. I was told that if the valve on the tank is opened too quickly, it could trigger a safety valve inside the tank that restricts the volume going out the tank at any one time. Opening the valves very slowly fixed my problems. Hope this helps!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Glad to hear you are back on the forums and have not managed to blow yourself up.Had been missing your humor.
Jo
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Carol: Are things up & running to your satisfaction? Send an email if you need us!
Follow us on Facebook and our website:
www.GreaterLosAngelesAirstreamUnit.wbcci.net
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by slofoks View Post
I had a similar problem recently and found the problem was in the new type propane valves. My furnace would not stay lit and the flame on the stove burners was very small. I was told that if the valve on the tank is opened too quickly, it could trigger a safety valve inside the tank that restricts the volume going out the tank at any one time. Opening the valves very slowly fixed my problems. Hope this helps!
I have the same problem with my propane grill once in awhile, I thought i had a bad regulator. I figured out all I have to do is turn off the valve and open it again, that somehow resets those new style saftey valves.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #20
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post

Still want to figure out the sootiness that happened in the oven before. I will try cleaning it up and see if it happens anymore.

Thanks,
Carol
Was dinner perhaps overcooked a bit?
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #21
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Hope you have a quick recovery and no more gas problems. Sometimes these things seem to cure themselves and re-occur later. Hope that is not the case.

By the way, I visited your artwork at the link you provided and wish I had been there and knew how to fix it for you. Your work is fantastic.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Well thanks everybody! It is taking me forever to do the simplest things.
I keep forgetting things, I got lost the other day, couldn't remember where I lived, I was cold and the dogs were with me, it was dark by then and I got nervous, which made it worse since then I got scared. I didn't know what to do. I went in a local store but it was closing. I got back in the car and drove a little more and saw a sign for the Ojai Valley Inn (I think that was the name of it, wait a minute, let me check....

OJAI VALLEY INN AND SPA

I had to go look in the trailer, somehow I ended up there. I told them I wanted a room. All I knew is that I would freeze to death if I didn't warm up and I felt like I must have hypothermia since I couldn't even remember who I was. Now I don't even remember why
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slofoks View Post
I have not changed my valves at all so they are the original ones I guess
Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Jo View Post
Glad to hear you are back on the forums and have not managed to blow yourself up.Had been missing your humor.
Jo
Yes, I am sure this will be a funny story some day when I can remember what happened. Now I will be doing something and the next thing I know, I haven't the faintest idea why.

I have to go back and start all over again. Luckily my two dogs are always with me and now when I see them starting to act weird, I know something is wrong.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
Carol: Are things up & running to your satisfaction? Send an email if you need us!
Now I get it!

I saw this message from you earlier when I was looking at the forum, but I didn't remember why. My oven still doesn't work and I am afraid to turn anything on because of the alarm. I got an electric heater but it doesn't work very well. It is really cold. I would love if you could take a look at it. I will be home tomorrow. Call me or just come by, I'll be in the trailer. I am right across the street from Longhorn. They know me very well since I get all my animal food from them. There is a guy that works there that even helped me get the propane tank in my car once, he will remember me. Lucy is the owner. She knows me too. I think tomorrow is Monday and they will be open.

Whenever you can come is fine, any day is fine. I will be happy to finally meet you.......

Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 04:25 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
PS If you call the Longhorn first, Lucy can come over and let me know if you are coming. That way I will be sure to be here whenever it is convenient for you to take a look. Sorry, the trailer is a little messy. I will try to clean it up a bit before I go to bed.

Thanks again,
Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I just found the name of the person who told me they can fix my propane problem in my trailer, I will call them in the morning to tell them I still need help. Will keep you all posted..........

Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
I just found the name of the person who told me they can fix my propane problem in my trailer, I will call them in the morning to tell them I still need help. Will keep you all posted..........

Carol
Carol, You have got to get some sleep! What's with these midnight-to-4am posts.

What is the situation with the propane now? Last I heard you seemed to have it licked. I hope you are well.
Rich the Viking