Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
austin , Texas
hot water heater G6A-6E for '92 Sovereign

i am a newbie,my hwh for the sovereign will not light off, at the beginning , the di light would come on, and pilot would light with lighter, then nothing,
so i thought it was the electronic board, i cleaned all the connection, etc. well i brought a new circuit board and and spark probe, installed, the di light came on 1 time , then nothing, i can get a good flame on pilot if i light it with lighter. but nothing else. i really did not want to buy gas valve, might be easier to replace unit, for twice price of gas valve, i did not want to deal with headaches that might cause. or i was wondering just replace it with a manual system. more simpler for me , well i am in middle of this, suggestions would be appreciated. leo
leolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
If you can light it manually and it works. Why buy a new manual unit?
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
austin , Texas
main burner only comes on partially , very low flame and then shuts off, i will look for a voltage drop somewhere. i have water in tank, but not water hose going to it, and look into changing temp stat and eco, there had been a electrical arc at stat,
Old 10-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Have you checked the gas pressure? It should be 11 inches of water column. The water heater is the largest consumer of propane when the main burner is firing. If the pressure is low you will not get a robust flame.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1993 21' Sovereign
austin , Texas
well i jumped it out bypassing the main board and it works ok, switch still kills power, will use it this way for while. still have stat hooked in circuit. i guess the only purpose of circuit board is to light it automatically.

Tags
sovereign