Old 12-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
Thanks for all the help everyone. Does anyone know if Camping Word is open on Xmas eve I many try to get by and purchase a new regulator if they are open.
Andy

Old 12-24-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinAir
Thanks for all the help everyone. Does anyone know if Camping Word is open on Xmas eve I many try to get by and purchase a new regulator if they are open.
Andy
This doesn't help... Their websites shows they were open 8-2 today.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
I made it there at 1:30 pm thanks
Andy
Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
I just arrived in Dallas and after the 3 hr drive heater is working. What does this mean? Is there any knowledge or ideas on what happened and why? Did the road vibration do something to make regulator start working? Anyone with any ideas?
Merry Xmas Eve to all!
Andy
Old 12-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinAir
I just arrived in Dallas and after the 3 hr drive heater is working. What does this mean? Is there any knowledge or ideas on what happened and why? Did the road vibration do something to make regulator start working? Anyone with any ideas?
Merry Xmas Eve to all!
Andy
Ah, intermittent bugs and the other mysteries of life...

Did 3 hours of road vibration temporarily set the regulator straight, or did 3 hours of charging the batteries from the TV's alternator bring your batteries up to speed? Refer back to my earlier post about low voltage also being a possible cause for this problem. If the later is the case, then you should check for loose connections at the converter and verify the output is adequate.

For a standard lead acid battery, a fully charged battery reads 12.6 volts at rest. 12.25 volts is 50% discharged, 12.1 volts is 75% discharged, the point where a standard battery suffers from degradation that shortens the life if the battery. With the converter providing power and charging the batteries, you will typically see something in the range of 13.2-14.5 volts. If you don't see this boost in voltage with the converter on, check the breakers and fuses.

The furnace needs 12 volts to run (measured at the furnace). The furnace many not run when the voltage drops below 12 volts. Loose/dirty connections will also provide lower voltage to the device. That includes the voltage the converter supplies to the batteries.

In addition to the LPG regulator and the DC power, bugs or debris in the furnace intake or exhaust can cause these symptoms. From your description that included problems with the fridge, the regulator is high on the list.

Merry Christmas! It's time for the elves to go to work.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Austin , Texas
Thanks for info I don't think it is battery it shows good on panel meter and probs still occurred on shore power, my guess and hope is that it is the regulator since I just bought a new one but I will look into all the options when the rain stops.
Merry Xmas to all!
AndyO