Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #1

Meadowview , Virginia
Grill/rubber LPG line general question

Guys, I'm new to working with LP gas so bear with me please. I have a small grill that uses the 1 lb tanks that screw directly into the grill regulator. I want to run a 25 ft rubber line from a big (100 Gal) tank to feed my grill without using the small 1 lb tanks. I want to have a quick disconnect on the line coming from my big tank and the other end can be a solid connection to my grill.

How do I do this, does the supply line connect to the grill regulator and if so where in the world do I find a connector that looks like that?

Is a set up like this OK to do, it will only be connected when grilling and everything is outside, thanks for any advice I can get
Resqu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
I would check with your local building department and see if there is any code that covers your situation. A licensed plumber should know.

Mark
halimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Check with the guy who supplys the propane for that big tank, he might be able to give U some answers.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #4

Meadowview , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Check with the guy who supplys the propane for that big tank, he might be able to give U some answers.
They mentioned it when it was being installed but said for me to do it myself, if he did the work it would be around $150, the grill didn't even cost that much.

I don't have a problem making the connections and running line, I an just stuck on how to connect it to the grill, the big tank is regulated but probably not enough for the small grill so I thought my connections should go through the grill regulator.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Waters , Michigan
I did the same thing and can tell you make sure to not use two regulators,only use one for the grill ,otherwise the psi will be too low...
PINKBIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #6

Meadowview , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollerboy View Post
I did the same thing and can tell you make sure to not use two regulators,only use one for the grill ,otherwise the psi will be too low...
OK, coming out of my big tank is a regulator then one piece of copper line going to a set of gas logs, I will be splicing into the line before it gets to the logs for the run to the grill. Will the tank regulator be the only one I need in this case? both things will never be ran at the same time if that matters
Old 10-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #7
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
What are you going to explain to your insurance company if you have a mishap? Follow the applicable building codes/fire regulations and have a licensed plumber check or to do the work. The folks on this forum are very knowledgeable, and have good advice. Just, do it correctly to CYA.

Mark
halimer is offline   Reply With Quote