Old 06-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 24' Argosy 24
Tucson , Arizona
Gas leak~ help please

Hey Guys,
Gettting ready to take off cross country tomorrow! Might be a slight delay! Just took the RV to Toni's in SC, guys did a GREAT job showing me everything. Filled my propane tank, checked for leaks, found one, fixed it. NOW, this afternoon, I turn the knob to open it, and check the system one last time, and now there is gas leaking out of the little square thing they are calling the gas relief valve and extension? Is that from expansion? Seems like a lot is coming out of there, and it isn't coming from the little screen on the bottom, it is leaking out around the sides of the square thing! It is a 78' Argosy Motorhome with the original horizontal 20 gallon tank?

THANKS for any advice in advance,

Denise

Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty66@mac View Post
Hey Guys,
Gettting ready to take off cross country tomorrow! Might be a slight delay! Just took the RV to Toni's in SC, guys did a GREAT job showing me everything. Filled my propane tank, checked for leaks, found one, fixed it. NOW, this afternoon, I turn the knob to open it, and check the system one last time, and now there is gas leaking out of the little square thing they are calling the gas relief valve and extension? Is that from expansion? Seems like a lot is coming out of there, and it isn't coming from the little screen on the bottom, it is leaking out around the sides of the square thing! It is a 78' Argosy Motorhome with the original horizontal 20 gallon tank?

THANKS for any advice in advance,

Denise
Denise.

I think your talking about the LPG regulator.

For safety reasons, anytime a LPG regulator causes any type of problem, it should immediately be replaced.

There are no parts available to fix any RV type LPG regulator, since it can also be an explosive hazard, and as they say in Brooklyn, don't mess with it.

Andy

Old 06-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
. . . and as they say in Brooklyn, don't mess with it.

Andy
or, as they say in Chicago,

. . doan mass widat!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1978 24' Argosy 24
Tucson , Arizona
Moving forward!

Thanks guys,
My dad and I are at the end of a 5 month complete restoration of this Argosy. I am leaving Sunday morning at 4 or 5 am. Since I have no dash air, and a black dog riding with me! I am leaving SC heading to Taos, NM.
I just decided to keep the gas turned off, and deal with it, when I get to Taos. I have a few other odds and ends left on my punch list. I also still need a shower stall and frig vent to be fabricated. SO, I just need to get on the road. MY parents have been great but 10 months later, I think they are ready for their 43 year old daughter and her dog to be on their merry way!!

I have the important things, I can pee, and sleep!! What more do ya need!

I included a link of ALL the pictures if you are really bored. And be forewarned, I am living in this full time and I have super contemporary taste, and the die hard purists might have cardiac arrest!! But, it is going to be my home and I needed it to be usable, and I had to love it, and I do!!
Next summer, I will strip it and polish it and make the outside match the inside, until then I am DONE with projects!!

Thanks Denise

MobileMe Gallery
Old 06-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty66@mac View Post
Thanks guys,
My dad and I are at the end of a 5 month complete restoration of this Argosy. I am leaving Sunday morning at 4 or 5 am. Since I have no dash air, and a black dog riding with me! I am leaving SC heading to Taos, NM.
I just decided to keep the gas turned off, and deal with it, when I get to Taos. I have a few other odds and ends left on my punch list. I also still need a shower stall and frig vent to be fabricated. SO, I just need to get on the road. MY parents have been great but 10 months later, I think they are ready for their 43 year old daughter and her dog to be on their merry way!!

I have the important things, I can pee, and sleep!! What more do ya need!

I included a link of ALL the pictures if you are really bored. And be forewarned, I am living in this full time and I have super contemporary taste, and the die hard purists might have cardiac arrest!! But, it is going to be my home and I needed it to be usable, and I had to love it, and I do!!
Next summer, I will strip it and polish it and make the outside match the inside, until then I am DONE with projects!!

Thanks Denise

MobileMe Gallery
Well done.

But you didn't change the color of the steering wheel.

Fiberglass reefer scoops are available.

Andy