Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
mweberg

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Scottsdale , Arizona
Fresh Water Tank Pump Pressure LOW

I have a 2018 Flying Cloud 23FB and when I use my fresh water tank boon docking, I have very low water pressure. My husband and I have located the pump and have checked the clean out screen, etc. The pump runs, we can hear it, but lots of air spitting out of the faucet. We only see one brass shut off valve in the line right before the pump. Is there another valve or a secret way to bleed out the air? System works fine on city water hookup. Thanks, Marlys
mweberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Sounds like the pump is sucking air. Check all fittings from the tank to the intake of the pump.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
I agree with Twinkie as to the source of the problem...if the pump is sucking air ... as in (a ) there's not sufficient water in the fresh water tank ... or (b) there is an issue with the pump itself.

When you do get to the point where you need to get the air out of the water lines, use your shower to do that because it's the highest point in the water system... Turn the shower faucet and wand on and let the air work its way out. I learned this trick when we let the water tank run dry accidentally and we sucked air into the lines.

Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
If you removed your filter assembly, make sure that the rubber o-ring is not missing. There is a o-ring used to seal the assembly, and it is easy to not get put back on when putting the clear cap back on and will suck air causing the pump to cycle a lot and not produce any volume.
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
mweberg

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Scottsdale , Arizona
Thank you all for responding. This was the first time this fresh water tank and pump were ever used. The previous owner purchased this 2018 23FB last summer and never used the fresh water system, in fact didn't use this Airstream more than 3-4 times in total. This is why it was like new and so attractive to us as buyers. We will definitely try TBRich"s suggestion using the shower faucet technique first. Once again, thank you for responding so quickly!

PS: I am curious about Abbey Schnauzer? We are Schnauzer lovers and would like to know more about Abbey if you are willing to share...
mweberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
Ive had good luck with slowly loosening the strainer top, carefully, don't want to unthread it all the way. Then I could see and hear when the suction line filled with water and tightened the strainer top back up. Doesn't sound logical but it's worked for me several times.

Do this with the pump running.
mayco is offline   Reply With Quote