Old 06-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Austin , Texas
Thanks everyone for the great info. I've got a commercial A/C buddy who I can get to bend and flair the sections for me. I'm a big DIY'er, but he's got the tools.. Sounds like a simple enough job. Just have to head out to the Moho tonight and figure out what fittings are required.
It would be nice if our parts suppliers carried a copper Loop with fittings. Seems pretty standard now that I've looked at a few pictures.

bpg_austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2008 16' Safari
Portland , Oregon
Notice the wide loop of soft copper in the photograph. That is the way my 2006 Airstream came from the factory. That loop allows for some flexibility betweem the trailer and the refrigerator. I added several loops of copper on my garage air compressor to prevent vibration damage.

dalemonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
Rivet Master
1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
Flexible copper tubing that you find I the coil is the stuff you want. As mentioned, leave an extra loop going to the fridge, gives flexibility in making the connection and forabsorbing vibration. Flare fittings. Normal is 3/8" to the appliances.
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Idroba is correct. My 67 has soft copper flared connections made at the factory originally and they are still good. 10 years ago, I had a new HW heater installed by Richard's RV who used soft copper flared fittings and that I think is the only way to go. If you are worried about stiffness of the connection putting stress on the appliance, put a loop or dip in the line to provide a little flexibility. The suggestion to move down to 1/4" soft copper couldl be the way to go but I wouldn't go smaller than the connection provided on the appliance. The only flex line on my trailer is from the LP regulator at the tanks to the 1/2" supply line installed down the center line of the trailer to which each 3/8" supply to appliances is attached.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
Use copper direct with flare fittings just like the factory installations....

tjdonahoe is offline   Reply With Quote