Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Regular gas cans will work. Just secure them. Don't over think this.
I like a premium gas can like an Eagle. It seals so fumes don't escape. I don't have a pickup and carry the can in the back of my SUV.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Long term storage of Honda eu2000i, is it advisable to empty gas tank then start generator to use remaining gas in system & finally drain carb at drain port? I have been informed that the fuel pump diaphragm could become damaged because it is not suspended in gas during storage & it can fail because of this. Also, I would like to store my Honda in a controlled air environment eliminating FL humid conditions. My Hondas are new & is Stabil (Honda recommended) or what about using "Startron or Century" gas stabilizer? Will make every effort to use non-ethanol gas!
There is a slotted screw drain plug at the bottom of the float bowl of your carb.
Run the tank out of fuel and drain the carb float bowl. Even with a stabilizer, ethanol blended gasoline will degrade.
handn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:43 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I carry my generator full of non ethanol fuel and generally do not carry any extra fuel. I only use it a couple of hours every day or every other day. We may be out for a month or more at the time without using it and then find a spot where we use it for a week or so. If we are going to be somewhere for a week and need it more I will go buy a fuel can just for that occasion and give it and any extra fuel to someone when we leave. Diesel truck, so gas is of no use to me.
I run ethanol in it when I have to out camping. When I get home I siphon it out and refill it with non ethanol and a little stabilizer.
If I had 2 generators and wanted to run the ac I personally would just carry a container of fuel in the back of the truck. Probably one of those extended run tanks for 2 gens.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote