Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2004, 08:25 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

I thought LP Gas went Whhammmmummmmppppp not KkaaAAABOooOM. On the serious side copper tubing is extremely hard to reuse or salvage. When it freezes it swells and does not contract when it thaws, and being on the outside of the A/S it is apt to freeze quite often when in colder climates. The freezing point of Propane is minus 187.7 Celsius, of Butane minus 138.4 Celsius, so as long as you have the lines charged it shouldn't present a problem, but who hasn't let their tanks go empty at one time or other, you can't guarantee the lines haven't froze and therefor should be replaced if in question. I wadded mine up into a little ball, valves and all when I started my floor replacement project. Piece of mind and safety take precedent over the wallet in a situation like this.

LotalaborAZ
upallnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Make sure that when you replace the copper, you don't use common hardware store water pipe - its needs to be (I'm doing this from memory - so you need to check) schedule k

Ken
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Ahhh-So old copper tubing transforms into garden sculptures! suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote