Old 07-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Hey, thanks again you guys!

I like the idea of the indicator for the tank switchover, Vern. Where did you put the indicator?

Brian,
Yes, I think I've watched most of the British TV series available here. Netflix is great for that, up to episode 65 of All Creatures Great and Small right now!
Vern(?) I'm answering anyway.

I ran the wire in through the left battery box, there's a couple of rectangular drains at the bottom. A PO had drilled about a ¼" hole at the top of the plastic box near the front wall so I used that. I just ran the wire up the wall and mounted the indicator just below the front window behind the curtains. I can see it when the curtains are open, and still see the LED flash through them when they are closed, but the curtains keep the light from being annoying at night.

I also agree, All Creatures Great and Small is some of the greatest television programming ever.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #16
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by vswingfield View Post
Vern(?) I'm answering anyway.

I ran the wire in through the left battery box, there's a couple of rectangular drains at the bottom. A PO had drilled about a ¼" hole at the top of the plastic box near the front wall so I used that. I just ran the wire up the wall and mounted the indicator just below the front window behind the curtains. I can see it when the curtains are open, and still see the LED flash through them when they are closed, but the curtains keep the light from being annoying at night.

I also agree, All Creatures Great and Small is some of the greatest television programming ever.
Vaughan,

My apologies for that confusion on my part. Dunno how it happened; you put your name on every post. Another Senior Moment, I guess. :/

Got a new regulator and the switchover indicator last night. Get this: the local "better-priced" shop here had a bunch of the regulator (in bulk) for C$61 and the switchover indicator was priced at C$64!!

Luckily, the owner of the shop was there and when I mentioned that I could get it in the US for $30, he went to $40, but held his ground on the regulator.

:: sigh :: Our dollar is at $1.06 of your dollars, by the way. Many products have not adjusted to the fact that the money has changed since C$1.00 was US$0.72, and the RV parts industry is one of them!

Taking the compressor down with me today to blow whatever crap is hiding in the hidden bits of the WH, so wish me luck!

Thanks again, evahbuddy!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
Something I didn't see mentioned is checking the LP pressure after installing the new regulator. I have had to adjust new regulators right out of the box, as they were not set to 11" wc from the factory. You cannot go by "the flame looks good" as the pressure can be way off and the flame still can look OK.