Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2006 34' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
West Bend Ovenette

I have a vintage Ovenette that I picked up on ebay. It can be used on your existing stove top , on a portable propane stove, over a wood or charcoal fire. It does everything that a regular oven does. Lightwieght and easy to store.

My unit has a conventional oven, but the ovenette does not produce the heat buildup of the conventional oven. I also use it during the warmer months outside on my portable propane stove. It also gives me a second oven, which I have found myself in need of quite often. I do enjoy baking.

I was lucky and got the complete set of cover,base, rack ,meat pan , cake pan, pie pan , and muffin cups. The cover has a thermometer in the top. The basic pieces of the set required are the cover , base and rack. Pans can be purchased at wally world.

It is light weight and easy to store. It was made in the 1930s to 1950s. It really works. Bakes potatoes, pies, cakes, mufffins, breads, meat just like a regular oven. I

I love mine. 'shaker

2006 34' Classic LTD
2010 Ford F250 PSD
Hensley Arrow Hitch
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #16
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
So what is wrong with one of these?
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2762.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	69963
Four burners to cook on and an oven that bakes perfectly well. I have baked pies, cookies and pizza in there. This weekend we are having an informal gathering at Knoebles Amusement Park and friday we are having a pizza party. At least four ovens will be baking pizzas for the group. I cannot even imagine cooking on anything but gas. Nothing heats as deeply and brown things as well as a gas oven. I am always amazed that a gas stove/oven which can be used anywhere is replaced by a microwave that is always dependent on a hookup or generator to work. To each his own. We tend to cook from scratch and I do not think too many people are into that now a days.

If anyone is ripping one of these stoves out, let me know.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
2016 27' Eddie Bauer
Plantersville , Texas
The Brinkmann unit is a poor quality oven made in China. There are much better quality units for sale by others

bladesmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote