Old 06-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #1

Raleigh , North Carolina
Black Tank Valve Won't Fully Close

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I was dumping my tanks on my 2011 Flying Cloud 27FB and when I went to go close the black tank valve it wouldn't go in all the way. I naturally thought something might have been stuck in there so I pulled it back out and ran fresh water through the sewer flush system hoping it would wash it away. Needless to say that did not work. Afterwards, I also noticed the bar itself is slightly lower than the hole. See pics:

The T bar is fully engaged into the tank here. Notice the difference in color on the pipe. That is where the difference is in where the valve used to close and where it now closes.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9987.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	243.2 KB
ID:	343697
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9988.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	540.3 KB
ID:	343698

I have tried the following:

- Filling up black tank near 100% and letting it flush very quickly
- Using the Camco Dual Flush Pro Valve System to flush the tank the opposite way (back into the tank)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing I can figure is there is either
1. Something stuck in the groove where the valve slides in to seal the tank or
2. the valve is going underneath the tank and it is slowly leaking that way. Just a little black water is leaking into the hookup receptacle when I take off the cover. I would say less than a cup.

I had to loosen the bolt at the end of the T-handle to fit it back into the 2 wire slots to make it secure.

Any thoughts on this? Ideally I would like to be able to flush whatever is in there out and not have to take it in for service. Normally I would work on this myself, but with a black tank I'm going to leave it to the experts if repairs need to be made.

Thanks in advance for all your insight!
jrkahut is offline   Reply With Quote