Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 AM   #1

Battery box key

We recently purchased a 1993 29' Excella Classic. Have been unable to find the key to open the battery box. Do we need to contact the company with the model number of the trailer in order to have a key made or what? It was purchased from a dealer many miles away. Summer
summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
We recently purchased a 1993 29' Excella Classic. Have been unable to find the key to open the battery box. Do we need to contact the company with the model number of the trailer in order to have a key made or what? It was purchased from a dealer many miles away. Summer
On mine, the key number was stamped right beside the keyhole on the face of the lock. It is quite small and I needed my reading glasses to read the number.

My lock was the same manufacturer as the storage compartment lock. The manufacturer and the key code should permit a local locksmith to cut you a key.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Summer, if there's no number on the lock, park your trailer outside a locksmith for one minute. That's how long it took the locksmith in Gainsville, FL, to slide some cunning gadget into the lock, transfer the pattern to a blank, grind the blank, and take two dollars off me. Scary, but impressive.
Nick.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Del Norte , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
Summer, if there's no number on the lock, park your trailer outside a locksmith for one minute. That's how long it took the locksmith in Gainsville, FL, to slide some cunning gadget into the lock, transfer the pattern to a blank, grind the blank, and take two dollars off me. Scary, but impressive.
Nick.
Summer
I agree with the above.
I took mine into local locksmith, he 'Picked' the lock in less than 2 seconds.
Made the key in 5 minutes, made duplicate keys for everything, used some kind of silicone spray on all the locks making the very easy to use and I think the total bill was less than $20 bucks.
Don
nymphfishin is offline   Reply With Quote