Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
I have the cover from our '05 Safari that you can have for free! We installed 30# Worthington tanks and don't need the cover anymore. You are welcome to it all you would need is to cover the UPS charges.

Wow, Rick, that is a really nice gift. I was dumb enough to leave the tailgate down while backing into my storage area. Have to cut sharp both directions and of course, dented both front corners of the cover. Dealer quoted me $500 to replace. I passed and will keep the dents as a reminder to pay attention.

Roadtoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1962 28' Ambassador
Phoenix , Arizona
Tank Covers

Originally Posted by silvercomet
I would like to have one of those fancy alum. Airstream LP tank covers but they exceed my budget. I bought a vinyl cover and painted it silver and it looks like an LP tank in a bad suit.(sort of like the silver space suits worn on the old Si-Fi flicks) There are the plastic covers that I see on other camper brands, but they don't look like something that would look correct on an Airstream.

I'm open to ideas if you have any. Thank you.
We are considering making our own covers out of canvas in an Airstream Blue color. We just completed making our own awnings with the same fabric. I think it would be easy to sew a large loop of fabric that will cover the tanks and then sew in an oval piece for the top. We will likely have the loop be split so we can add snaps or a zipper down the back to ensure the cover is tight against the tanks when closed. We have not started on this yet, but have a good amount of fabric left.

Louis & Sergio

Air #22673
WBCCI# 2731
Four Corners Unit
LHall is offline   Reply With Quote