Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #61
1 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
ArcGIS map and smartphone app

I updated the ECC page (referenced above) to give some more background on the CP map, as well as an update on a peculiar behavior of the smartphone App.

Good comments here - thanks!
Aolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #62
1 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolani View Post
I updated the ECC page (referenced above) to give some more background on the CP map, as well as an update on a peculiar behavior of the smartphone App.

Good comments here - thanks!
We actually have TWO versions of the Courtesy Parking map (sorry for any confusion):

1) ECC Site Version: The test version on our ECC site that utilizes ESRI ArcGIS and has the smartphone/tablet app.

2) WBCCI.org Version: this version is based on Google Maps and resides natively within wbcci.org

The first version (ESRI) was just a quick test of the concept, but does have the mobile capability. The second was the "final" version, works great, but does not have a mobile app.

They show the same data and will be kept in sync - are gathering feedback on the need to retain the smartphone capability.

Yes, both could have shown full information (address, phone number), but in respect for the courtesy parking provider's privacy on a public site, the decision is to NOT make that information public. Reliance on a physical membership book is the way it will stay.
Aolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolani View Post
We actually have TWO versions of the Courtesy Parking map (sorry for any confusion):

1) ECC Site Version: The test version on our ECC site that utilizes ESRI ArcGIS and has the smartphone/tablet app.

2) WBCCI.org Version: this version is based on Google Maps and resides natively within wbcci.org
Thanks for clarifying this. I read your earlier post about updating the site and couldn't find any updates or the app info. Since I'm not currently a member and this is getting drastically off-topic from Winter IBT, I didn't push the topic. Based on this most recent post, though, I now understand. It's good to see that it's available for Android as well. Knowing this, it makes the prospect of re-joining even more attractive. Again, great job on this.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #64
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Just to let everybody know, I have all of the audio posted from the January 25th and 26th meetings on WBCCI.org for you to listen to. CLICK HERE to listen to the meetings.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Just to let everybody know, I have all of the audio posted from the January 25th and 26th meetings on WBCCI.org for you to listen to. CLICK HERE to listen to the meetings.

Tim,

Thanks for posting so quickly. Congratulations to the ECC for their work and the success at the midwinter meeting.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #66
Fraubear

1968 17' Caravel
Noblesville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I must say, this might single-handedly get me to re-join the WBCCI. I let my membership lapse some years ago after not finding that I was getting adequate value for my membership fee. But, this map alone might very well be worth the $65/year.

Kudos to the ECC committee and all the volunteers for getting the online version of WBCCI to where it is today. You've brought it a long way and it is appreciated very much by those of us who left the WBCCI in part because of the antiquated practices.
I have to say that this one posting made all the miles and the work involved in getting ALL THREE of our motions passed at IBT worthwhile. It will keep me smiling all the way home. Your reaction is what it was all about.

Thanks so much,
Carolyn
ECC
fraubear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
You are welcome Bill.

Just a quick update, I post-processed the audio to remove extended silence and compressed the files so that it downloads much quicker. Audio quality is reduced a little but it is much faster. The full recordings are still available if you like extended silence.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
You are welcome Bill.

Just a quick update, I post-processed the audio to remove extended silence and compressed the files so that it downloads much quicker. Audio quality is reduced a little but it is much faster. The full recordings are still available if you like extended silence.
The condensed version was exactly what I needed! I was able to listen to the entire set today. Thank you for your hard work. I hope others take the opportunity to listen. It really helps understand where the club is and where it may be headed.

Again- THANK YOU.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
No problem. Its funny in a way, but you know that disclaimer at the beginning of all the meetings about how and unauthorized broadcast or re-transmittal is forbidden? I am most probably responsible for that from my SaveWally days (hehehe). I sat in the meeting in Salem and recorded it with my Laptop and when that ran out of batteries I used my iPod. I posted those files on SaveWally and I do not think it was appreciated very much. Now I am processing that audio that Fred Steurer streams live (he posts it to the site and I put it on the web). Its ironic in a way... But I do enjoy doing exactly what I am doing for the club. And I am getting into way less trouble than I was a few years ago.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #70
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
so, how about a quit review of what was or was not done, if you can. Thanks, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Buttercup, you let that secret out!

Maybe video streaming is next, nice to put faces to the voices we are hearing. The club does owe Fred Steurer a huge thanks, he has been the single person responsible for the audio streaming these past years. He is looking for someone to replace him, anyone interested?

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sorry, Quick review. Jin
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
No problem. Its funny in a way, but you know that disclaimer at the beginning of all the meetings about how and unauthorized broadcast or re-transmittal is forbidden? I am most probably responsible for that from my SaveWally days (hehehe). I sat in the meeting in Salem and recorded it with my Laptop and when that ran out of batteries I used my iPod. I posted those files on SaveWally and I do not think it was appreciated very much. Now I am processing that audio that Fred Steurer streams live (he posts it to the site and I put it on the web). Its ironic in a way... But I do enjoy doing exactly what I am doing for the club. And I am getting into way less trouble than I was a few years ago.
But, you know, absolute transparency here is so very important. It's about honesty and accountability.

The recordings and live broadcasts are a good thing.

Maggie
Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #74
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
But, you know, absolute transparency here is so very important. It's about honesty and accountability.

The recordings and live broadcasts are a good thing.

Maggie
The next step is to hold a Winter IBT as a teleconference, and save WBCCI the expense of having to set up a place to meet face-to-face.

There are so many ways it could be done, particularly using a web-based teleconferencing program so that virtual attendees can both see and hear, and those who hate computers can just dial in from their phone for the audio-only experience.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #75
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Doyle, that was exactly what was proposed by Joe Perryman (Intl 2nd VP) at this year's meeting. Unfortunately, I don't know the result as I wasn't able to listen to the second day's proceedings.

Lynn
Old 01-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Dropping the Winter IBT and virtual meetings

I think that was one of the proposals that was discussed before the meeting and the motion was withdrawn by the maker. The other half of the proposal was the creation of the ability to call virtual IBT meetings at any time during the year with only a 10 days notice. I am sorry that went away when the other half was withdrawn. It could have allowed the club to react to changing conditions during the year without the expense of people traveling long distances.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #77
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
MAL voting and MoHo amendments?

Can anyone tell me offhand the outcome of the MAL voting amendment? (Motion 7)

Also, did the Motor Home amendment that the 2012 Delegates Meeting sent to the C&BL committee come back to the IBT? (Since the amendment was originally proposed by the IBT I presume the C&BL committee would send it back to the IBT.)
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #78
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I can't tell you what became of the MAL amendment as I wasn't listening that (second) day. On the first day, though, one of the members asked from the floor about the status of the moho proposal and was told that it was still in the cbl committee.

Lynn
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #79
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Can anyone tell me offhand the outcome of the MAL voting amendment? (Motion 7)

Also, did the Motor Home amendment that the 2012 Delegates Meeting sent to the C&BL committee come back to the IBT? (Since the amendment was originally proposed by the IBT I presume the C&BL committee would send it back to the IBT.)
The motion where withdrawn by the maker before the IBT seminar and meeting, as where motions 8,9,10 and 11.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #80
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
According to John Boutwell, the motorhome motion is still with the Constitution and Bylaws committee to resolve wording contradictions in the constitution and will be presented to the delegates at the International for a vote.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote