Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Just a note to say that I received my copy of "News and Views" this afternoon via email. (And, I have to add, the new feature on the site indicating courtesy parking via zoomable map is very cool!)

Lynn
I must say, this might single-handedly get me to re-join the WBCCI. I let my membership lapse some years ago after not finding that I was getting adequate value for my membership fee. But, this map alone might very well be worth the $65/year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Foster View Post
I just got the free courtesy parking map app for iPhone. Really cool.
I didn't see where you downloaded this (assuming at the WBCCI website?!?, app store?) Is there one available for Android too or only iPhone?

Kudos to the ECC committee and all the volunteers for getting the online version of WBCCI to where it is today. You've brought it a long way and it is appreciated very much by those of us who left the WBCCI in part because of the antiquated practices.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I didn't see where you downloaded this (assuming at the WBCCI website?!?, app store?) Is there one available for Android too or only iPhone?
It is not an app. It is just a shape file for the ESRI ArcGIS app. I can't find the shape file location anymore. Maybe someone else will pipe in while I look for it...

Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carriere , Mississippi
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Here is the location on the WBCCI page:

http://wbcci.org/club-information/co...sy-parking-map
Old 01-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #60
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
This is really cool. Kudos to the ECC Committee.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #61
1 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
ArcGIS map and smartphone app

I updated the ECC page (referenced above) to give some more background on the CP map, as well as an update on a peculiar behavior of the smartphone App.

Good comments here - thanks!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
1 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolani View Post
I updated the ECC page (referenced above) to give some more background on the CP map, as well as an update on a peculiar behavior of the smartphone App.

Good comments here - thanks!
We actually have TWO versions of the Courtesy Parking map (sorry for any confusion):

1) ECC Site Version: The test version on our ECC site that utilizes ESRI ArcGIS and has the smartphone/tablet app.

2) WBCCI.org Version: this version is based on Google Maps and resides natively within wbcci.org

The first version (ESRI) was just a quick test of the concept, but does have the mobile capability. The second was the "final" version, works great, but does not have a mobile app.

They show the same data and will be kept in sync - are gathering feedback on the need to retain the smartphone capability.

Yes, both could have shown full information (address, phone number), but in respect for the courtesy parking provider's privacy on a public site, the decision is to NOT make that information public. Reliance on a physical membership book is the way it will stay.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aolani View Post
We actually have TWO versions of the Courtesy Parking map (sorry for any confusion):

1) ECC Site Version: The test version on our ECC site that utilizes ESRI ArcGIS and has the smartphone/tablet app.

2) WBCCI.org Version: this version is based on Google Maps and resides natively within wbcci.org
Thanks for clarifying this. I read your earlier post about updating the site and couldn't find any updates or the app info. Since I'm not currently a member and this is getting drastically off-topic from Winter IBT, I didn't push the topic. Based on this most recent post, though, I now understand. It's good to see that it's available for Android as well. Knowing this, it makes the prospect of re-joining even more attractive. Again, great job on this.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #64
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Just to let everybody know, I have all of the audio posted from the January 25th and 26th meetings on WBCCI.org for you to listen to. CLICK HERE to listen to the meetings.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Just to let everybody know, I have all of the audio posted from the January 25th and 26th meetings on WBCCI.org for you to listen to. CLICK HERE to listen to the meetings.

Tim,

Thanks for posting so quickly. Congratulations to the ECC for their work and the success at the midwinter meeting.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #66
Fraubear

1968 17' Caravel
Noblesville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I must say, this might single-handedly get me to re-join the WBCCI. I let my membership lapse some years ago after not finding that I was getting adequate value for my membership fee. But, this map alone might very well be worth the $65/year.

Kudos to the ECC committee and all the volunteers for getting the online version of WBCCI to where it is today. You've brought it a long way and it is appreciated very much by those of us who left the WBCCI in part because of the antiquated practices.
I have to say that this one posting made all the miles and the work involved in getting ALL THREE of our motions passed at IBT worthwhile. It will keep me smiling all the way home. Your reaction is what it was all about.

Thanks so much,
Carolyn
ECC
Old 01-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #67
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
You are welcome Bill.

Just a quick update, I post-processed the audio to remove extended silence and compressed the files so that it downloads much quicker. Audio quality is reduced a little but it is much faster. The full recordings are still available if you like extended silence.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
You are welcome Bill.

Just a quick update, I post-processed the audio to remove extended silence and compressed the files so that it downloads much quicker. Audio quality is reduced a little but it is much faster. The full recordings are still available if you like extended silence.
The condensed version was exactly what I needed! I was able to listen to the entire set today. Thank you for your hard work. I hope others take the opportunity to listen. It really helps understand where the club is and where it may be headed.

Again- THANK YOU.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #69
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
No problem. Its funny in a way, but you know that disclaimer at the beginning of all the meetings about how and unauthorized broadcast or re-transmittal is forbidden? I am most probably responsible for that from my SaveWally days (hehehe). I sat in the meeting in Salem and recorded it with my Laptop and when that ran out of batteries I used my iPod. I posted those files on SaveWally and I do not think it was appreciated very much. Now I am processing that audio that Fred Steurer streams live (he posts it to the site and I put it on the web). Its ironic in a way... But I do enjoy doing exactly what I am doing for the club. And I am getting into way less trouble than I was a few years ago.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #70
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
so, how about a quit review of what was or was not done, if you can. Thanks, jim