View Poll Results: Will you leave the WBCCI if the MOHO motion passes?
Leave if/when it passes? 25 19.23%
Will not renew membership for 2008? 48 36.92%
Will stay, no matter what? 36 27.69%
Will stay and fight to get it over turned? 21 16.15%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #127
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Do Something, even if it's wrong

Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In
In that way, those that try to find a solution to any problem, by working together, may or may not find a solution. But they tried.

But, trying to be a part of a solution, is far better than being a part of the problem, regardless of the problem.

I, like Andy, would much rather try to fix the problem, even if it doesn't help. I don't belioeve the motor home ammendment will pass, but MAYBE it will get someone in a position to do something about it, to think of a solution.
There is no single answer to fix the problems of the club, the proposed ammendment was someone's idea to help, even though I believe it is not in the club's best interests. Maybe it will get someone thinking and they will come up with a solution.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #128
3 Rivet Member
2014 16' Sport
Columbus , Indiana
What day is the vote?

So on what day of the convention will they vote? When will we know the results?

Mrs_RedSHED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #129
Rivet Master
1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Originally Posted by Mrs_RedSHED
So on what day of the convention will they vote? When will we know the results?
The motion comes up on Saturday's meeting. Some vote will take place unless the motion is withdrawn.

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #130
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Sounds like these folks are prime candidates for departure soon....

Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #131
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
Thorbie1: It's kind of surprising to me that you are using the WBCCI logo as your avitar here on the forum, when you have as many issues with the club as you do. I suspect we will not see you at any WBCCI events regardless of any changes those of us working together may accomplish. Go in peace....

Mrs_RedSHED: The vote will be on Saturday morning. Many of us will be in attendance, so I expect the outcome will travel fast here on the forum.

Randy and Pat Godfrey
Region 3 2nd VP, Newsletter Editor, Florida Unit
WBCCI# 7591 - AIR# 17017
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Hoke

A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a cash advance
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #132
NEU Past President
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Sounds like these folks are prime candidates for departure soon....

No, we will not leave the WBCCI. Our local unit (NEU) is just fantastic and change (though slow) is happening at the International level. This is our club, and in not too many years we will be running it. I hope we are able to embrace / welcome change when it is our turn to lead.
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #133
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
That's why we love you, Michelle!
You can see the future!
The number of units that are "progressive" seems to be increasing even though the overall membership numbers may be declining at the moment, they may rebound with a new generation of membership.

-Chuck, Stacy, Max, Lucien, and Colin
funchucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #134
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Well the voice of reason and our members has been heard, and we can only hope that the MOHO issue is dead. Well, let's just say it is a coma right now. I really don't see it going away. Some may consider this a large victory for the members but in reality I feel it is only a small battle won. The type of thinking and logic that has forced the membership of WBCCI through two club ruining oportunities (name change, MOHO) has to be changed. I am sure there are IBT members who are thinking right now, the third time is a charm. As our regions get ready for nominations for the next years Region Officers, please help promote your canidate who you feel will best serve the MEMBERS for the years ahead.

Thank you!
J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:50 AM   #135
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well what is the agenda for the July 5th IBT meeting? Anyone know? I will want to be listening to that simulcast or archive as well.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:00 AM   #136

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We're staying!

Hopefully, the moho issue's resounding defeat wil mark dawning of a new age for WBCCI.
SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #137
Rivet Master
Originally Posted by moosetags
We're staying!

Hopefully, the moho issue's resounding defeat wil mark dawning of a new age for WBCCI.
It's a start.It's very encouraging to me that there is at least a lot of dialogue and ideas coming forth.Implication...we'll see.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #138
Rivet Master
There is light.

Ok, the MOHO is dead, points have been made, eyes have been opened. Now what? As Don Shafer said in his closing words, "The problem with membership is still here". I ask everyone who is a WBCCI member to now step up and help with getting new members, taking an "active" roll in anyway, shape or form. If, we as a group put forth 1/2 the effort we spent in kiiling the MOHO issue as we do to making the club a place all Airstreamers want to be, it will be a club like no other. If you are not a WBCCI member you can help to. Think about starting your own unit, join a unit and help make it great. I know of a unit in Florida that would love to have a group of young blood come in and run it. Just because you join the WBCCI "does not" mean you have to wear a "blue beret", wear a tie and take part in all the stuff that you do not think is fun. I've meet many this week that have not been to a single meeting and have yet to wear a beret and tie. It is and can be your club to make it what you want. I have to say, I did wear the beret this week at the opening while holding the flag, but that was also while I was wearing a "Pirate Eye Patch" and "Sword". It's up to you to make it fun.
Paul Waddell
rideair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:50 AM   #139
Rivet Master
2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Pirates of Perry hmmm. Nice work before the IBT Paul. Wish I could have been in attendance. Nominating Pete Daniels from the floor for 3vp was HUGE. I was very excited listening to the simulcast. Real drama and to think my own unit. It made me very proud. With officers in the WBCCI like you there will be new membership, member retention, enthusiasm and participation and FUN! Have many of the unit or region officers past or present availed themselves to the leadership forum? I would think with communication together as an entity so much could be accomplished or examined and supported.

wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #140
3 Rivet Member
2000 34' Limited
Brevard , North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to Roadschooler
Thumbs up Thanks Paul!

You made us proud!
We listened too, via streaming, and it was great to feel a part of the group without being there.
I'm starting to go through all of the archived WBCCI stuff to get a feel for the meetings and the players. I'll next start to tackle the constitution so I can understand how and why the club works.

We've been Airstream owners and WBCCI members for about 2 months now and feel a little clueless , but you have our pledge to promote the club at every opportunity. When we camp we will be the "new" face of Wally's historic club.

I'll make a prediction: someday far in the future the "beret" will be an historic symbol, a source of pride, not embarrassment.

Thanks to everyone for your efforts on behalf of this great club.

Roadschooler is offline   Reply With Quote