Old 08-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Stanhope , New Jersey
No, the 2012 will be traded in. Wish i could keep both!

WBCCI # 6371
AIR # 65179
NJStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

I joined WBCCI at the urging of the editor of the then start up magazine Airstream Life to "network." My first Airstream event as photo editor of ASL was at Jackson Center's Homecoming shortly followed by the International rally in Lansing Michigan then the Florida State Rally and followed by many more state and International and IBT and local rallies. Simulcasts was an idea from member share that Renee, Don and I worked on after uploading the IBT meeting independently before the streaming audio was available. David Winick happened to be a stringer I negotiated to shoot photos for ASL and was then introduced and recognized for his Caravel design and metals work eventually leading to his commission of the Winick Bambi. Nostalgia and whos who of Airstream led me to join WBCCI. 50 plus years of Airstream history shouldn't be thrown aside and then I became active as a member of the Save Wally team to encourage members to save the name and preserve the Airstream only premise of the club. I would like to see the WBCCI see another 50 plus years! BTW Happy 80th Airstream! I did attend the 75th anniversary at the International. In fact we have bought two of our Airstreams new at the Internationals impromptu and a few more outside the rallies. There have been so many great Airstreamers that I have met through the club, and other Airstream events such as the Can Opener and the Metro Detroit forum rallies.The Womens We Can Tow it Rivettes was another facet of my early Airstreaming endeavors and while reversals have curtailed my extensive travel I'd still like to see the trust of the club's heritage well protected!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
My husband and I bought an Airstream to join WBCCI and the Caravan and Rally fellowship opportunities they provided. Since joining in 2010, we have not been disappointed. WBCCI will be what you make it....take advantage of everything it offers.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
We joined for the same reasons most all of us have joined. We aren't charter members of the four corner's group but almost. It has been a wonderful experience and We have made many new friends. We just purchased our 2nd Airstream, a 30ft Excella, and are so glad we did. Have fun.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I think it's a wonderful tradition. I joined last year. My WBCCI number is 3430. How so low a number? My aunt and uncle bought a new mid-50's Airstream Trailwind and they were issued 3430. They have both long passed away. But, when I bought my new trailer, I asked the WBCCI if I could have their old number -- if it were available. It was! And it is now proudly emblazoned on my brand new trailer. I haven't done a Caravan yet, but I will....as soon as I completely and fully retire!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
We have been members for 6 years and love it. Though both still working, we find Unit Caravans (shorter) are very manageable for us. Ask folks in the 4CU about it!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
We joined out of curiousity as there are few AS in the area; we are just now starting to participate in events ...
Old 08-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB
I think it's a wonderful tradition. I joined last year. My WBCCI number is 3430. How so low a number? My aunt and uncle bought a new mid-50's Airstream Trailwind and they were issued 3430. They have both long passed away. But, when I bought my new trailer, I asked the WBCCI if I could have their old number -- if it were available. It was! And it is now proudly emblazoned on my brand new trailer. I haven't done a Caravan yet, but I will....as soon as I completely and fully retire!
Hey BAB. That is so special to have your aunt & uncles Airstream #. What a neat way to honor them. I bought my Airstream about a year ago, right before I retired. I was issued #4356. I thought my # would be so much higher but I like what I got. I'm really glad that the WBCCI still issues #'s. It is a great tradition and I just love seeing those beautiful red #'s on an Airstream headin' down the road!

So how much longer before you retire? Hopefully just around the corner! I just retired a little over a year ago. I can't begin to describe how incredible it is! Add an Airstream to that and life is that much sweeter!!! Well take & all the best in your new adventures that lie ahead!

~Cari~
aka Carlita
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1968 20' Globetrotter
Fort Collins , Colorado
I just sent in my memberhip paperwork to the WBCCI. Having owned two vintage airplanes I've come to appreciate the generations of experience, knowledge, support and enthusiasm (not to mention supply of spare parts) that 'type' clubs are full of.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I just rejoined for next year...and I think by this time next year I will be really retired. Maybe an occasional consulting gig, but not much. On a trip right now, and I believe the Airstream could turn addictive. Huge thunderstorm and rain in the Shenandoah's last night. 3 hours of solid rain. No drips anywhere in my new trailer. The sound on the aluminum is intoxicating (to me). It takes me back to my childhood in my aunt and uncle's Tradewind. Something so cozy about nasty weather outside and being comfy and dry in my beautiful silver home. Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
My package came in the mail last night!!

I had a real Steve Martin moment "The phone book is here! The phone book is here!"
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
...>snip<... Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
It's definitely not just you...I love being in the Airstream in the rain...it's the best!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 26
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB
I just rejoined for next year...and I think by this time next year I will be really retired. Maybe an occasional consulting gig, but not much. On a trip right now, and I believe the Airstream could turn addictive. Huge thunderstorm and rain in the Shenandoah's last night. 3 hours of solid rain. No drips anywhere in my new trailer. The sound on the aluminum is intoxicating (to me). It takes me back to my childhood in my aunt and uncle's Tradewind. Something so cozy about nasty weather outside and being comfy and dry in my beautiful silver home. Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
So glad you're having a great time in your Airstream! Yes, I love listening to the rain too! It's magic!!

Hey Terry! How are you?? It's been awhile since the Disco rally in AZ with you & the wild bunch! Miss you guys!!! Hope all is well! Ciao!!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
....>snip<.........

Hey Terry! How are you?? It's been awhile since the Disco rally in AZ with you & the wild bunch! Miss you guys!!! Hope all is well! Ciao!!
Back atcha! We be good. Hope we see you again this winter!! New Year's is coming! And it's a GOOOOD rally!

AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote