Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1960 26' Overlander
Mount Vernon , Washington
which to join?

I live in Washington State, north of Seattle. Which chapter/unit should I join? does it make a difference? Any feedback from the members of each chapter would great. And what is the difference?
My choices are (I think):

Member at Large
Unit #138 North Cascades
Washington Unit

Also I want to use the current number that were used by both my Father and Grandfather - 4485. Is this a problem?

thanks,
Garth
garthbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:35 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
You can also join the Washington, DC, unit. You can use the numbers if they are not currently in use.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by garthbf
I live in Washington State, north of Seattle. Which chapter/unit should I join? does it make a difference? Any feedback from the members of each chapter would great. And what is the difference?

Member at Large
Unit #138 North Cascades
Washington Unit

Also I want to use the current number that were used by both my Father and Grandfather - 4485. Is this a problem?

thanks,
Garth

Hi Garth,you have probably listed your three most logical choices although as you probably know,you can join any unit.
I'll let someone from the units you mentiond chime in with suggestions.I know the Washington Unit is much larger and holds a lot of their functions in Lacey at the Landyacht Harbour.
The number you listed(4485) is currently in use according to the 2006 WBCCI Directory.Home Office in Jackson Center would know for sure but when someone does not renew there is usually a 2 year hold period before the number is reissued again.
You may want to consider 14485 or 24485 as both of these numbers appear to be available.
Hope this helps a little.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 30' Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Quote:

Member at Large
Unit #138 North Cascades
Washington Unit

thanks,
Garth
Garth,

I have emailed a Region 10 officer with a request that he contact you about the Units in your area. If he does not get back with you soon, please send me a pm and I will follow-up.

Renee Ettline
WBCCI Communcations Liaison
Communicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Is there a place that I can check a number on a trailer I just bought?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #6
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipets
Is there a place that I can check a number on a trailer I just bought?
pm me I'll see if I can help.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
How bout my number 25799 any clue to its orgination??

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgl6
How bout my number 25799 any clue to its orgination??

I have WBCCI directories going back to 1984 and 25799 does not appear in them. I have a listing beside that number denoting that at one point it may have originated in Missouri.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 08-29-2006, 03:54 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
The owners manual I got with the A/S has a paper attached inside sayin it was purchased in Tallahassee Florida I see from another post that by the vin # it was made in Jackson Ohio I purchased it fro a guy in Madrid Mo. just a few weeks ago maybe it was up there before ?? Just wondering Thanks..SAM

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
You can also join the Washington, DC, unit. You can use the numbers if they are not currently in use.
Why in the world would he consider joining the Washington DC unit, 3,000 miles away. Surely you jest!
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
rnzbernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

1995 35' Land Yacht Diesel
Olympia , Washington
1st Vice President, Region 10, WBCCI

Quote:

Member at Large
Unit #138 North Cascades
Washington Unit

thanks,
Garth
I strongly encourage you to join a unit. As a MAL you have no voice, read vote, in the management or direction of the club. Your location north of Seattle puts you closest to the geographic center of the North Cascades Unit, which as about 35 members. It held a joint rally with the British Columbia Unit at Lynden 21-25 Sep. It has nothing else scheduled. The Washington Unit, with over 400 members from all over the state, is probably the most active unit in WBCCI. It just sponsored a rally, with 49 Airstreams attending,at the Autumn Leaf Festival in Leavenworth last week and its Halloween Rally will be Oct 26-29 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Ft. Townsend. It also has a large clubhouse, 150 3-point hookup sites, and a 194 site manufactured home park on its 65 acre site in Lacey/Olympia.
Conclusion: Join a unit and get involved, but check them out to see what fits you best.
I think others gave you good answers on the membership number.
R.B. Bernd, #1990
1VP, Region 10
WBCCI
rnzbernd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
I'm a North Cascades WA member. They have regular rallies throughout the camping season and monthly winter luncheons for those who don't travel south. They do a lot of combine rallies with the British Columbia Unit. But like everyone has said, go to a rally and check one out. Those of us in the NW that are on the forums usually meet up for a couple of rallies a year as well.

Kathleen
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1960 26' Overlander
Mount Vernon , Washington
thanks for the info.
I will look into the unit. Where can I get info on the rally in Port Townsend?
I am going on a self-rally this weekend to Raser SP. Us and friends that are non-ASer. Now that the inside of My AS is redone I a looking forward to camping...
thanks,
Garth
garthbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Port Townsend was in early August. I don't have the new schedule yet for this winter. Contact Jim Kolhoff at kolhoffthompson@aol.com He also peruses the forums everyday at lunch. He is the new president for the year.

Kathleen
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnzbernd
Why in the world would he consider joining the Washington DC unit, 3,000 miles away. Surely you jest!
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
I am VERY happy to see a Region VP on the Forum. Welcome aboard and enjoy.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnzbernd
R.B. Bernd
1VP, Region 10, WBCCI
Why not? They're an outstanding, and very diverse group of Airstreamers. At the last WDCU rally there were members present from Arizona, New Jersey, Delaware, New York, Canada, Pennsylvania, and points in between.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
And their unit dues are only $1.00 and they followed their member's wishes on the name change vote, unlike my previous units. By being a member of wdcu, I know that my vote will count. I can then be an associate member of my local unit, without worrying about my vote not counting.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:39 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
1964 24' Tradewind
Merrimack , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
... and they followed their member's wishes on the name change vote, unlike my previous units. By being a member of wdcu, I know that my vote will count. I can then be an associate member of my local unit, without worrying about my vote not counting.
So are you saying that units you used to be part of had their delegates vote in favor of a name change even though neither had support from a majority of attending regular members at the time when the unit voting was done?
golddigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by golddigger
So are you saying that units you used to be part of had their delegates vote in favor of a name change even though neither had support from a majority of attending regular members at the time when the unit voting was done?
YES! The Metro Detroit Unit took a mail vote on the name change and it was 3/1 against changing the name change. After the proposed name was changed, the delegate, the President, voted 100% for the name change. The Iowa unit, which I was an associate member of, had the members vote 100% against, but again the delegate voted 100% for! We are still associate members of Iowa unit, because we now live there. We are members of record at WDCU so if there are any critical votes, our vote will count. They took their vote on the internet, and voted as their members voted.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:16 AM   #20
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
YES! The Metro Detroit Unit took a mail vote on the name change and it was 3/1 against changing the name change. After the proposed name was changed, the delegate, the President, voted 100% for the name change. The Iowa unit, which I was an associate member of, had the members vote 100% against, but again the delegate voted 100% for! We are still associate members of Iowa unit, because we now live there. We are members of record at WDCU so if there are any critical votes, our vote will count. They took their vote on the internet, and voted as their members voted.
My take on this is that when it appeared the original name change motion AOAI was going to be defeated,those that wanted Airstream inserted in the club name,proposed a motion to accept the new name Wally Byam Airstream Club International (WBACI) or something similar.The delegates were put on the spot to make a voting decision for something the members didn't vote on and had to make a judgement call.
Some are calling for a review of the voting procedures so a situation like this does not happen again.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083