Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
Rivet Master

What will you be doing?

As we all know, many threads have been started to talk about things wrong with the WBCCI, leadership, etc... So, I wanted to start a thread on "What will you be doing?" to see responses on things people will be doing to help better the club. I'll be happy to start with the things "I'm" doing to make the WBCCI a better club and not just sit back and b*tch about how bad it can be and the things that need to be done to fix it.

1. I will be co-hosting a WBCCI rally in Sept, 2007.
2. I will be hosting a forums rally in Oct, 2007.
3. I've offer my time to the VAC leadership for Region 2
4. I'm in the planning stages of a caravan in 2009
5. I'm in the planning stages of a rally in 2009
6. I help write our WDCU news letter.
7. I've offered my time to Don our Region 2 Prez to help in anyway I can.
8. I'm currently the WDCU Prez
9. I'm currently working on a International caravan in 2010
10. I am helping with the hosting of the 2009 Region 2 rally.

So, "What will you be doing?"
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
Gosh

PAul, I cannot match that, however,
we are currently driving to meet the Viking Trail caravaan, which we will participate in this year. We (my wife and I)have already begun the work on the Early Workers Tours for next International Rally. We will participate in the Alaska caravaan next year. We also work with the Ga unit to provide to ALL Airstreamers a campground with good facilities, to stay overnight, a week, or more. To hold rallies at as well, but remember, we are not 'campers' we are a 'caravaan club'. We will attend rallies at a couple of other units in which we are affiliate members, volunteering there as well.
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Lebanon , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Roadschooler
Wow

I think you've intimidated everyone! Thanks for your dedication.

This is a little lame compared to Paul but, I'll give it a shot. We are "super newbies", and hope to be able to contribute more as time goes by.

1)Will not quit the WBCCI even though I find the IBT "out of touch".

2) Plan on attending the Bozeman International and volunteer where we can.

3) Hope to be able to plan a Western NC Waterfall Rally for WDCU unit. "ya'll come!"

4) Read and attempt to comprehend the WBCCI constitution and by-laws and any other info I can find to better understand the workings of this club.

5) Be the "new" fresh face of the WBCCI, and tell everyone the good stuff about the club.

6) When I have a chance to be around the "old timers" show them we aren't so scary. We do have a few things in common.

7) Free Blood Pressure checks at my trailer (I'm a nurse)

8) Great "Happy Hours" at my trailer! (great tunes too!)

9) I promise to be a considerate fellow camper.

So for now, while I figure this club out, I can do about that and we'll see how the rest goes.

Paul, thanks again for all of your hard work on behalf of the whole club, and your unit. WDCU rocks!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

I have no life!!

One must understand, I have no life. My life is my family, old cars and old campers. If we all can do just one thing to better the club, the WBCCI goes from an "OK to be a part of" to "I've got to be a part of". I kinda look at the WBCCI like a "pot luck dinner". No one person can bring enough for everyone to eat, but everyone can bring a little to were there's no way everyone can eat it all. If we all do a little something, there will be more stuff than anyone person could ever do!

I THANK EVERYONE ONE FOR HELPING OUT!! If you are not sure what you can do to help, just ask.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Ok Paul, let's see!

1. Continue as 2nd VP of the WDCU and become 1st VP of WDCU when Paul becomes Past Prez

2. Working on doing either a Rally next year or a Vintage Caravan from Bennington, VT to Ottawa for Region 2 Rally next year.

3. Running for 3rd VP of the VAC

4. Will continue to recruit into the WBCCI and the VAC.

5. Will still push that WBCCI back the CCCC in 2009. There has got to be a way to back these guys and not lose our shirts over it.

6. Will continue to rescue old Airstreams and get them back on the road.

7. Will become Prez of WDCU in 2009.

8. Complete the SOTR project (Sweet Sovereign of the Road) such that I can enter the Concourse event at International in Bozeman next year with the 59 Buick pulling it there!

9. Keep doing theVAP - The Vintage Airstream Podcast - Home with Tim and Colin to spread the Airstream name Internationally!

Phew! I'm sure I can come up with more. SYDTR everyone!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
One must understand, I have no life. My life is my family, old cars and old campers. If we all can do just one thing to better the club, the WBCCI goes from an "OK to be a part of" to "I've got to be a part of". I kinda look at the WBCCI like a "pot luck dinner". No one person can bring enough for everyone to eat, but everyone can bring a little to were there's no way everyone can eat it all. If we all do a little something, there will be more stuff than anyone person could ever do!

I THANK EVERYONE ONE FOR HELPING OUT!! If you are not sure what you can do to help, just ask.

That reminds me of a quote I keep on my desk.

"If I cannot do great things , I can do small things
in a great way"
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #7
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
My hat is off to Paul!
This is my first year as a member of the WBCCI

I am currently the R/C Secretery of the 4CU
I am working on a mini ralley this month
I help contribute to the 4CU newsletter
I will be hosting the Deadhorse 2 Rally next year
I am always looking for new members
I am working on a constitution change to the WBCCI
I am enjoying the airstream life
I help the Unit Prez with what ever I can

Wait till next year when I know what I am doing!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticki2
That reminds me of a quote I keep on my desk.

"If I cannot do great things , I can do small things
in a great way"
Thanks ticki2, you have expressed my feelings in a wonderful way.

I believe Leon and I do a lot for the WBCCI / NEU. But, how many rallies or caravans we run or offices we hold/held in the NEU is not the important part for me. The important thing (for me) is enjoying new and old members of our club at rallies, caravans and other events and welcoming new members to the New England Unit of the WBCCI.

The WBCCI is so political right now, a couple of nasty folks on both sides of the fence are making attracting new members to our club very hard indeed. Everyone (both sides) needs to take a deep breath and remember that this a recreational club and the folks who join just want to have fun with other Airstream owners. Really guys, this is a camping club. At least that's what I thought I joined back in 2003.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:55 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Paul:

Great thread - very positive.

I will become active in the leadership of my unit (Northern Illinois).

Next years President and 1st VP are also friends who want to see the club grow. We would like to see our unit grow and be active. We would lilke to have a unit that will be appealing to the longer term members and their traditions but also be appealing to the younger members.

We want to keep some fairground rallies but also have "forum style" rallies at state parks, etc. Our plan is to research what is working for the dynamic units such as the WDCU, NEU, 4 corners, HOTC, etc. (many others I haven't name or don't know about) and take their best ideas.

Change has to start at the grassroots level. We want to be a unit that is attractive to the younger generation but not disenfrachise the older generation. We believe that both can be achived by having not all rallies the same. Different kinds of rallies during the year.

I believe that the members in our group all want to enjoy themselves airsteaming and have fun.

Paul - I can see the future and I see you as the International President. You have my vote.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
Myboyburt
It not only expresses your feeling but your actions as well . Way to go. You're two of our unsung heroes.
ticki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:24 AM   #11
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Great thread Paul

I would second the vote for you Paul to be a future Int'l President.

I believe everyone can contribute to the success of WBCCI in their own way.A positive attitude is a big part of that.

As far as myself,I will continue to be a contributor to my units newsletter and website.I am very proud of our unit's website and the vast amount of information and history contained in it.It can be done at the unit level.

Sierra Nevada Airstreams

Our unit has grown from 7 members in 2004 to the present total of 31.Quite an accomplishment in today's WBCCI.

I just finished serving on Renee's Communication Committee and am encouraged that some of the suggestions have been implicated.It's a start and hope it continues in the future.

I am a supporter of SaveWally and am thankful for its creation and what has and will be accomplished.

I have lent my support to the creation of new units within the club and try to provide (when needed) any current or historical data that is available to me and may be helpful.

Everyone has something to contribute in their own way and if more people show support our club will grow and prosper again.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1962 16' Bambi
Newtown Square , Pennsylvania
Great Thread

I had been holding off rejoining the WBCCI, WDCU and VAC until after the "vote". OK, so I will now rejoin with the attitude to be a positive newbie. Just getting back into Airstreaming (had one before and never had it out of the backyard before someone bought it (he just had to have it!). This forum has provided so much information/insight about the WBCCI (info I never remember getting the year I was a member). Can't promise to do anything more than being very, very positive in all that I do within these organizations and try to attend as many meetings or gatherings as possible. Fresh blood may be overly enthusiastic and ask a lot of questions, but please bear with us!
Airforums# 7906, WBCCI #4248, WDCU
dudebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #13
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
While I may not be able to be as active as Paul I will post what I plan to or have committed to do.

Continue to be a rational voice of "those Internet people" in the eyes of the club.

I will continue to bend the ear of ANY international officer I meet and in my own persuasive way let them know what I hear from hear and other arenas regarding issues confronting the club.

Continue to defend the club here on the forum when information I know to be wrong and inflammatory is posted.

Continue to involve myself in issues where I believe the club has done wrong, and if possible work to rectify the issue myself or get the right people to rectify it.

I will be going to Bozeman in '08 (2400+ miles each way!) Plus volunteering for a committee again in '08.

I will be attending The Fl ST Rally and chairing a committee again this year.

I will continue to be a positive member and work to recruit new members and also start dialog with dissatisfied members to be sure they know they have a choice. If they are not happy in their unit, move. The new unit will welcome them with open arms.

I will attend as many of my unit rallies as possible and have fun. When people see you having fun, they want to join in. It is OUR club, not the IBT's or any one else's. If we keep that uppermost in our minds we can make it better.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
1. I plus my wife co hosted a joint unit rally
2. I am unit 1st VP, my wife is unit secretary
3. I attempted to run a unit caravan. It ended up w/1 AS, ours
4. I and my wife are on the Region 12 Fall Rally committee
5. I write the unit newsletter
6. I have been working closely with the local Airstream dealer
7 I attempt to recruit new members
8 I supported the new 4CU as an affiliate member
9 I help our unit president in any way he needs help

I will continue to help and be active in this club. All I want is for it to remain an Airstream club, 52 years of tradition should not be wasted.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited
Lebanon , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Roadschooler
Exclamation Article XVI sec 1

The constitution and by-laws can be found on WBCCI website:

http://wbcci.org/index.cfm?pageSRC=General_Info

If there is an attempt to change this, all need to be aware......

ARTICLE XVI AMENDMENTS Sec. 1 Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted to Headquarters in writing by any chartered Unit of the club. Any such amendment(s) shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units within that Region. Upon receipt of the proposed amendment(s) bearing the required certifications, Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all other chartered units for ratification or rejection. When twothirds of the club's chartered Units have ratified the proposed amendment(s) by majority votes according to their Constitution and Bylaws and the Unit Presidents have so certified to Headquarters, such amendment(s) shall be deemed to be adopted. If two-thirds of the Club's Units do not ratify the proposed amendment(s) within one year following the distribution to the Unit Presidents, the proposed amendment(s) shall be deemed to have been rejected and to be of no further effect. (6/30/93)
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #16
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Very Positive - Let's Keep the Thread Going

Our actions seem trivial in comparison to other posts...

1) Attended the international rally and learned as much as possible about the workings of the club. Realizing that units and caravans are much of the backbone of the club I attended all those seminars to pave the way to helping in the future.

2) We will continue to be supportive of WBCCI and have already put a membership packet in our trailer for the next time we meet somebody with an Airstream who is not a member of WBCCI.

3) After taking time to meet Jerry and Marilyn Collins (incoming president and spouse) at the 2007 international we will follow-up with a list of ideas/comments/suggestions for the club and for the 2008 rally in particular. Several of the ideas we present to Jerry will have easily implemented solutions and points of contact identified (phone numbers, email, etc.) to address the issue at hand.

4) Continue attending forum rallies, and plan to attend WDCU rallies next year. Similarly, spread the word on WDCU (and other internet friendly units) to promote long distance (virtual) membership in WBCCI.

See ya down the road

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Fairbanks , Alaska
Steelbird, where will you be going on your trip to Alaska next year? Any plans yet? I live in Fairbanks and would love to hear what the plans are for your group...
Alaska1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Crossville , Tennessee
Here we are

Hello Alaska1966,
Sorry I took so long to respond, however, we have been in Newfoundland for two months with the WBCCI Viking Trail Caravan, doing what the club was formed for--promoting travel! Yipee! And we have had a blast. 10lbs heavier, and dozens of memories that no one can take away.
As for Alaska, that will be another WBCCI caravan, held just after Bozeman. We will be there, I think, 65 days with travel to and from. I'm kinda in a quandry though, as I try to decide what will make the most people happy, if we take a motorhome or a trailer.
The description of the caravan is in the Blue Beret, so I won't go through that here. Gosh, I guess we could be accused of hijacking the thread except that it hasn't had a posting for a coupla' weeks.
Maybe we will run across you there?
I did meet a gentleman and his son in Port au Basque (gosh, I may have butchered that spelling) who were preparing their Airstream for a second life. The older fellow bought it new, and the son waspreparing for it to serve on his honeymoon and then many more years of travel. It was a wonderful afternoon. Paul, the son, lurks around on these forums.
steelbird312 WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
2013 31" Classic limited
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote