Old 07-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2000 34' Limited
Brevard , North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to Roadschooler
Exclamation Article XVI sec 1

The constitution and by-laws can be found on WBCCI website:

If there is an attempt to change this, all need to be aware......

ARTICLE XVI AMENDMENTS Sec. 1 Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted to Headquarters in writing by any chartered Unit of the club. Any such amendment(s) shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units within that Region. Upon receipt of the proposed amendment(s) bearing the required certifications, Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all other chartered units for ratification or rejection. When twothirds of the club's chartered Units have ratified the proposed amendment(s) by majority votes according to their Constitution and Bylaws and the Unit Presidents have so certified to Headquarters, such amendment(s) shall be deemed to be adopted. If two-thirds of the Club's Units do not ratify the proposed amendment(s) within one year following the distribution to the Unit Presidents, the proposed amendment(s) shall be deemed to have been rejected and to be of no further effect. (6/30/93)

Roadschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #16

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
Very Positive - Let's Keep the Thread Going

Our actions seem trivial in comparison to other posts...

1) Attended the international rally and learned as much as possible about the workings of the club. Realizing that units and caravans are much of the backbone of the club I attended all those seminars to pave the way to helping in the future.

2) We will continue to be supportive of WBCCI and have already put a membership packet in our trailer for the next time we meet somebody with an Airstream who is not a member of WBCCI.

3) After taking time to meet Jerry and Marilyn Collins (incoming president and spouse) at the 2007 international we will follow-up with a list of ideas/comments/suggestions for the club and for the 2008 rally in particular. Several of the ideas we present to Jerry will have easily implemented solutions and points of contact identified (phone numbers, email, etc.) to address the issue at hand.

4) Continue attending forum rallies, and plan to attend WDCU rallies next year. Similarly, spread the word on WDCU (and other internet friendly units) to promote long distance (virtual) membership in WBCCI.

See ya down the road

Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
1966 17' Caravel
Fairbanks , Alaska
Steelbird, where will you be going on your trip to Alaska next year? Any plans yet? I live in Fairbanks and would love to hear what the plans are for your group...
Alaska1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1956 22' Safari
2000 39' Land Yacht XL Diesel w/slide
Crossville , Tennessee
Here we are

Hello Alaska1966,
Sorry I took so long to respond, however, we have been in Newfoundland for two months with the WBCCI Viking Trail Caravan, doing what the club was formed for--promoting travel! Yipee! And we have had a blast. 10lbs heavier, and dozens of memories that no one can take away.
As for Alaska, that will be another WBCCI caravan, held just after Bozeman. We will be there, I think, 65 days with travel to and from. I'm kinda in a quandry though, as I try to decide what will make the most people happy, if we take a motorhome or a trailer.
The description of the caravan is in the Blue Beret, so I won't go through that here. Gosh, I guess we could be accused of hijacking the thread except that it hasn't had a posting for a coupla' weeks.
Maybe we will run across you there?
I did meet a gentleman and his son in Port au Basque (gosh, I may have butchered that spelling) who were preparing their Airstream for a second life. The older fellow bought it new, and the son waspreparing for it to serve on his honeymoon and then many more years of travel. It was a wonderful afternoon. Paul, the son, lurks around on these forums.

2000 390 Landyacht XL
1989 29' Excella
WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote