Old 04-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Yes, definitely all of the above, we have great friends in our active unit..
South Carolina Coastal

StreamNTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
You're probably tired to death of hearing it, but it's the people in the local unit that makes us happy being members of WBCCI...and in our case it's those in the 4CU. It's just a great bunch of happy campers who know how to have a good time, accepts folks for who they are, and put more stock in camping and having fun together than they ever will in politics.

Then there is the lore. Gotta say, that there is no other travel trailer (or trailering organization) that has the special history that the Airstream./WBCCI have. One only has to watch the movie "From Capetown to Cairo" to understand that. Sure, things change has a slower pace than most folks would like — there is always a lag in an organization's cultural advancement vs individual members' progression to new ways ... but change it will. In the meantime, we will camping and having fun together.

TB & Greg and Abbey Schnauzer
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
What do you like about WBCCI?

When I joined the WBCCI in 1995, I quickly learned that I was not a typical member for that time period. At the time, I was in my mid-30s so was quite a bit younger than the average member and I was also single (never married) meaning that my demographics were substantially different from most of the members that I met. I quickly learned that it made little difference how your demographics aligned with the "typical" member; rather it was the love of Airstreaming that formed the bond that created the Airstreaming/WBCCI family.

Over the years, I have missed very few International Rallys and have participated in a number of formal and informal caravans. As a Free Wheeler, caravanning and rallying helped to make me feel like a member of the Airstream family . . . and even now that I have found my soulmate (at 51 years of age no less), we both enjoy Airstreaming and are anxiously looking forward to the coming travel season. Rallys, and the International Rally moreso than most, become the equivalent of family reunions for me as I have no remaining family other than my soulmate.

While the "group" activities of the WBCCI are not for all Airstreamers, I find that having access to the Rallys and Caravans have increased my enjoyment of both of my coaches tremendously.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #18
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Ignored 3 yrs ago by the two local units and rejected by a 3rd.
Sorry but you ask.
Roger & MaryLou
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2005 30' Classic S/O
Phoenix , Arizona
Caravanning! It is the WBCaravanCI.
nswhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
2011 19' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Lemoore , California
1. The diversity of great people who have a common interest.
2. The club encourages my wife and I to branch out to different areas for exploration with the various rally locations.
3. Shared responsibity in putting on rallys.
4. I think our Airstream likes to be around her sisters at the rally's

Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote