Old 12-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 31' Excella
Currently Looking...
Maryville , Tennessee
What a shame.

I don't understand this club and it is a shame I don't even though I have read many threads I just can not figure out exactly what is going on and what it is about due to the thread content.

I edited my previous post because I realized what I posted was negative and I honestly am trying to not be negative until I can understand what the club is about.

I should ask if someone would kindly explain to me what this club is all about.

Sincerely,

Robbie R.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie R. View Post
I don't understand this club.

Does the president or v.p. ever read the negative threads concerning this club ?

Does it make them realize there is a serious problem here ?

I am a fairly new member to this forum and can honestly say I would never join this club because all I have seen about this club on this forum has been negative things said.

I thought clubs were supposed to be fun and entertaining and a place for friends and family to gather and grow to be closer friends because of a similar interest.

In my opinion, this club needs a major overhaul and who ever the officials are need to look at what is being written and said because it is read by lots of potential club members.

I honestly would not join this club if it were free because of what I have read on these forums.

Sincerely,

Robbie R.
Robbie,

I am sure that they are aware of what happens on this forum and others. They choose not to participate and some characterize the complainers as deadenders and losers who have not spend enough time in grade to have a useful opinion.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie R. View Post
I should ask if someone would kindly explain to me what this club is all about.
Sincerely,

Robbie R.
When you say you don't understand THIS CLUB you have to realize that the WBCCI is a CLUB, and the subject of many discussions on this FORUM.

This Forum has a growing membership of some 38.300 owners of Airstream trailers while the Club has a rapidly declining membership of some 8,000 members. Many of those commenting on the Forum are disgruntled or former members of the WBCCI that would like to see changes in the Club. The reason the discussions take place here is the heavy handed censorship imposed on any publication owned or controlled by the WBCCI.

Don't limit your frequency of signing on to the Forum because of these discussions. You will find tons of helpful information relating to your trailer and a great community to camp with.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
This Forum has a growing membership of some 38.300 owners of Airstream trailers while the Club has a rapidly declining membership of some 8,000 members. Many of those commenting on the Forum are disgruntled or former members of the WBCCI that would like to see changes in the Club. The reason the discussions take place here is the heavy handed censorship imposed on any publication owned or controlled by the WBCCI.

25,000 or so of which have not visited this forum during 2009.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Robbie,
There is a nice Airstream campground in Crossville quite close to you. Visit it and meet the people. You will find out about the nice people in the club. You do not have to be exposed to the International Level people or politics, except you will need to pay them $55 or $75 per year to become a member since you can not become a member of the local without paying those folks for the pleasure. Your profile says you are retired which mean, if you want to, you can take the time to attend the national events and caravans which will make the $55 worth it.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Got money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
You do not have to be exposed to the International Level people or politics, except you will need to pay them $55 or $75 per year to become a member since you can not become a member of the local without paying those folks for the pleasure
Robbie,

No politics - you just support their politics by joining... it's more like giving them your money so they can use it and abuse it with nothing from them in return from that level... sure, you'll get alot in return from the local level, but to get to that level, Dwight put it best - you'll need to pay the IBT squanderers every year for the right to join the local club - The local club gets ZERO of that $55 Robbie! Last year, the Club leaders spent over $180k more than they took in (mostly on themselves), and used up more of the clubs money by dipping into the Reserves - which won't last much longer.

But, yeah, they want your $55 - actually - they need it... better join now - cause soon it's gonna be $75 (more free trips for themselves)...

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Kent , Ohio
I can say that I have belonged to the WBCCI for 14 years. I am presently the president of the Akron Unit (Ohio) if you want to see what the club is about, there is a video that was made with the Akron Unit. It is call "American Odyssey". The WBCCI is a great organization.
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
I can say that I have belonged to the WBCCI for 14 years. I am presently the president of the Akron Unit (Ohio) if you want to see what the club is about, there is a video that was made with the Akron Unit. It is call "American Odyssey". The WBCCI is a great organization.

That video sounds interesting, is it something that can be viewed on line?

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Due respect to Leo but I do not understand how he sings the club's laurels when he is suffering grievance comittee woes for nought other than to uphold member rights and no one higher has even bothered to go up to bat for Leo after he has done so much for WBCCI in member awareness and unit listings as a volunteer (unsubsidized!) Add Tim and Kimber in the VAC and also in Save Wally and that unreciprocated esteem is doubled or tripled and still those dedicated members to the spirit of WBCCI are not deterred, though many members and prospective members have bolted at the abuses of power.

If you want to belong, realize you must pay whatever the leadership decides the member can bear and what they want and that they use that money mostly at their own descrestion for events that are closed or not for benefit of the average member. The money is very much stacked to benefit the enjoyment of the HIGH volunteers. Anyone wishing to be connected to the history of the WBBCI and Wally Byam has no choice but to pay what the IBT demands because of no appeciable representation of general membership. The leadership has a stranglehold upon the club and even general opinion is powerless to the Parlimentarian's interpretation and that of the officers of the International board of trustees, which is more a general members' adversary, than a representative. Help stop the bottleneck of authority and put the choice in the people's hands, if you can!

It's elemetary, do the math and see if your $75.00 per membership brings a return that a discount of 5,000-6,000 members would reap. Then add an increase and see if a copy of the BB 10 times a year warrants that expenditure. Your $1.00 to $20.00 dues for the unit is determined by you and your fellow members but the international dues gives you nothing as your International fees are higher than most other rally fees and not discounted but rather inflated to cover the free stay for hundreds of "volunteers" that are "appointed" by the current IBT in the way of committees and such. A desire to help is not the prerequsite but the choice of those already on the board gets you a space for weeks in advance for a few hours work. I challenge anyone to show me my perception is skewed!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Red face

Robbie,

My advice...FWIW

Concentrate on your Airstream, it's apolitical....thank God.

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
May the force

Robbie,

First.. cool name - that's what I'm called back here at home by family.

May the force be with you... as Yoda would say, " An Airstream, have fun with!" Luuukkkkeee, remember the force! Don't stray to the IBT side!

Leo, how many more days you have in the club? We should start a countdown for Leo - for what's it's worth.... you got game my friend!

Seriously, Robbie, the Units are where the fun is.... perhaps changes WILL be achieved that directs the focus from above back to the Units where it needs to be!

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 01-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Who is Leo, if I may ask??
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Leo?

Leo, of Save Wally fame... former President of the Metro NY unit - current WBCCI probationer... latest All Star in the WBCCI Grievance game....

1 Member 1 Vote Leo!

65GT here on the forums!

Rob
Ex WBCCIer

Courtesy parking