2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
1977 27' Overlander
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
VAC patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
I was referring to the publication "The Blue Beret". I'm all over wearing a beret. In fact I own a couple of nice Basque berets. One in black and one in navy blue. I'm pretty sure that Mike Ness would respect the beret.
If you are in the VAC you can buy a new VAC patch and put it on one of your beret's. I love them, myself. Proud owner of a vintage beret and wear it proudly. Kinda like Michael - ArtStream!

YAAAAAHOOOOOOO

WALLY54 1954 Cruiser #11281
Buttercup 77 Overlander #17330
1990 345-LE MoHo Classic #7830
Air #
WALLY 54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #128
VAC President

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
For those who missed the posts which were deleted before Buttercup could respond please go to http://savewally.org/forums/index.php?topic=1122. The topic will continue there. Because, the truth should be known....

Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Michael,
PLEASE tell me you aren't gonna run against me in the TTQ competition...???!!!
See you in Q.......mike

I may have a hole in my head, but that's beside the point...
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #130
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Michael,
PLEASE tell me you aren't gonna run against me in the TTQ competition...???!!!
See you in Q.......mike

I may have a hole in my head, but that's beside the point...
Mike, I've seen your legs, I wouldn't stand a chance

Lkooing frwoard 2 C'ing U at Q

PS, how's the fridge?

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #131
Rivet Master

BRADENTON, On The Picturesque and Sunny West Coast of Florida, , USA, PLANET EARTH, MILKY WAY, LOCAL GROUP, SPIRALING SLOWLY THROUGH THE UNIVERSE
A warm, friendly feeling

I've read every post so far in this thread, and many more - including on the "save wally" website - concerning WBCCI membership issues. I will just say that it has given me a warm feeling to read...
Wait! That warm feeling is the $55 dues still in my pocket!

60 years of learning, and now overqualified to spot horse---- without requiring a bite of it. Nay!
John / N2XBW
Free camping at my place ANYTIME!
N2XBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I am new to all of this Airstream life. Bought a trailer oct 2007, I thought it was in good shape, and it was not. You forum people really helped my wife and I with all your great knowledge. I was just speaking to her tonight about joining the WB???? club ( I am new, to many letters to remember). The conflict in this thread brought back many memories of my past in involvement in club sports. 25 years coaching year around. Words create pictures and pictures create emotions. I just got out of coaching a few years ago and your arguments are of a different subject, but much the same. Everybody has their own way of thinking.

My quote: You can have all the reasons in the world why you are not successful, and yes they are legitimate reasons. Successful people (Clubs) don't have reasons why they can't. They have reasons why they can.

Winners see what they want to have happen, losers see what they are afraid might happen.

Last but not least and this is a truth I experienced in successful club coaching. Your senior (older folks) program (sport) is only as good as your age group program (younger folks).

Kids change every five years. The kids today are different from the kids from five years ago. You see that everywhere. Example would be kids constant focus on Text messaging, Ipods, and cell phones. You did not see that five years ago. We need to educate them. Embrace, teach them, learn from them. I have already offered my airstream to both my kids. They were indifferent at first and now they are excited.

Behavior has changed in young society and I don't know what to tell you about that.

I really like you people in this forum and being a part of this forum has been a very positive experience for my wife and I. The Airstream we bought was to provide a place to stay for when we develop our retirement home. Now we are talking about meeting people, RV parks, traveling and that is all because of reading these awesome threads.

The moral of my rambling is I don't want to join a club that has negative conflict. Been there done that. I am ready to let the good times roll. Please take no offense because I am an outsider looking in. A potential future member possibly.

SIU Bound

Brian
Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
SIU Bound,

There are many WBCCI members on this forum who are very happy with their units. We are one of those members, that is where they have met very many friends. We are not happy with the workings of the IBT and some of the leadership, but we will remain very happy members of our unit and VAC.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Nice post, Brian...the conflict IS a problem, but mostly if you let it be so...
$55 for unit insurance at rallies is well worth it, if you find like-minded folks with like-minded ideas about your particular wants for camping and recreating. We were fortunate to find a new group that changed our view on WBCCI, mostly because we have the benefits without some of the structured grouping that some units choose to employ. I may not like the mentioned structure, but I support its existence, and just choose to make a different choice. I really believe that WBCCI will eventually respond to the majority, or the majority will regroup...either way, people will sort themselves out to the folks they want to associate with...LORDY how I love America, Airstreams, and the freedoms they afford.
Brad(and anyone else), anytime you are in the area of a Four Corners Unit rally, please come on by...we may not be what you are looking for, but we won't let that stop you from finding out.
And, anytime you are in the Silverton area, stop on by...we'll give you a Flamingo, a beverage, and a tour...if you want.
mike
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #135
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Wkerfoot:

That is great to hear. This thread starts out pretty heated in the beginning. I was not expecting the comments. All the Acronyms can be confusing. I guess there are some very strong beliefs from people. I had not read all the postings because there are so many, but I have read some positive ones also. The thread does not start out well for me. Probably my years of coaching has turned my defense mechanism on from dealing with parents and board of directors in club sports.

It reminds after 15 years of coaching my buddy and I started our own program as a business (Yeah!!!!!). No boards, No directors or parents telling us how to run things. It was great. I will never forget the time when several parents came to us and said we are going to form a board and make changes. We informed them in a very gentlemen like manner no your not this is a business. We offer a service and if you are not happy with our service we will give you a list of the other programs in the area. Our program was and is very successful. I got out because my age caught up to me. My buddy still has it going.

Again I am very happy with the people is this forum. Great place to be.

SIU Bound'

Brian
Old 07-28-2008, 05:00 AM   #136
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I just read this entire thread. I want to know this; Is the horse dead yet? I mean how many times does this have to be brought up? Over and over with the name calling and finger pointing. The same old thread renamed and rehashed. The same old people jumping on to wave their flags.

ENOUGH ALREADY....

I think the AirForums should ban the discussion of the WBCCI so that this discussion, that goes no where over and over can go away.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:43 AM   #137
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Now that's a sensible solution. I quit joining Kennel Clubs long ago for the above stated reasons. They did a great job of putting on AKC shows; however, it became clear that some folks thought the clubs belonged to them alone. I soon found out there were "club people" and there were "dog show people" and you seldom had the energy or time to be both. I was a WBICC member for a while but didn't have time to participate in any activities and decided to save my money and put it into camping and doing what I wanted to. I think the Unit here was made up of wonderful people, be I didn't have any time to become a part of their activities. My husband and I work full time and barely get to see each other some week-ends, so until we retire, we'll go it alone. Wish we had time to enjoy the WBICC and meeting other Airstream lovers, but it may be a few years.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #138
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I just read this entire thread. I want to know this; Is the horse dead yet? I mean how many times does this have to be brought up? Over and over with the name calling and finger pointing. The same old thread renamed and rehashed. The same old people jumping on to wave their flags.

ENOUGH ALREADY....

I think the AirForums should ban the discussion of the WBCCI so that this discussion, that goes no where over and over can go away.
You don't make sense... you're tired of the discussion, but you read the entire thread anyway? And then you write that the thread should be banned... instead, why don't you just stop reading? No one forced you to read this thread and if you don't like it then don't participate. You really are free to do so, we're not holding you prisoner.

Of course, maybe you were just being contrary and shouldn't be taken seriously?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #139
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Most of the forum members know how I feel about the ruling hand of WBCCI and the direction they appear to be taking 'our' club. On the other hand, we love our WBCCI unit (NEU), our friends, co-campers and members of many, many other WBCCI units. The club is not the problem, the ability to change with the times, adapt to the majority and forecast needs and wants for the future is the critical issue here. We will continue as WBCCI members and proudly wear our name badges and attend Unit rallies and continue to host WBCCI Rallies and Caravans; why, because we continually make new friends and recruit new members and never fail to have a wonderful time CAMPING with those folks. WBCCI formed from the roots of like minded people wanting to to like monded things; travel, gather, explore and camp in their AIRSTREAMS. Isn't that enough? It is time to reflect on what todays young members are expecting out of the club fore they are tomorrows leaders of this organization.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #140
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
You don't make sense... you're tired of the discussion, but you read the entire thread anyway? And then you write that the thread should be banned... instead, why don't you just stop reading? No one forced you to read this thread and if you don't like it then don't participate. You really are free to do so, we're not holding you prisoner.

Of course, maybe you were just being contrary and shouldn't be taken seriously?
You are right, I am a very foolish man and should not be taken serious. I will apologize and unsubscribe.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decline, membership, wbcci