1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Interesting Post From The New Site

Posted today by the administrator:

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 AM   #72
Don McKelvay

1994 34' Limited
London , Ontario
I too requested to be removed from the Vintage-Airstream forum and was deleted. I look forward to a new WBCCI Forum. We as a Club need a Club forum to exchange ideas especially to make our Club an even better one.

WBCCI #205
AIR #42
1994 34' Limited
2004 GMC 2500 HD
Hensley Hitch
Old 10-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
What's the big deal?

Hi, I have read six pages of bashing and complaining. I belong to about six different forums, although this is my favorite one. If you don't want to be part of one, then don't sign up and/or post. If you do want to participate, then do so. Seems to me, anything that has to do with the WBCCI is nothing but bickering and fighting, but the bottom line is nothing really changes. This is just another shining example of why I and others don't want to belong to that club.

[this is my opinion]

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 10-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #74
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Budget? We don' pay no attention to no steenking budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
But there is only $1000 in the budget for legal again this year.
Last year's budget for legal expenses was only $1000, too--but that didn't stop them from spending thirty grand.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Thirty grand for no lawsuits, and they admit most of it was "primarily due to grievances filed and the eventual expulsion of a member as well as for those who threatened a law suit." (Blue Beret - October 2010 pg 29)
Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #76
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
Thirty grand for no lawsuits, and they admit most of it was "primarily due to grievances filed and the eventual expulsion of a member as well as for those who threatened a law suit." (Blue Beret - October 2010 pg 29)
Actually, I doubt that. They sent out a bunch of lawyer letters last year, and I imagine those accounted for a good bit of it.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:45 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Actually, I doubt that. They sent out a bunch of lawyer letters last year, and I imagine those accounted for a good bit of it.
No, actually it says just what Dave Park typed.

Rich the Viking
Old 10-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
How do you spend money on a defense for a lawsuit that was never filed? I'm going to go with the IBT trying to lay blame for the expenses elsewhere...Absolutely no reason to have fought to keep Leo from getting reinstated, especially legally, it should have been resolved through the committee had they not been bent on winning at any and all costs, the Birthday Bash from carrying Wally's name or Save Wally from using its name. And as one hand makes expenditures like water the other hand at the midwinter IBT meeting was trying to spread and pass the cost of printing their agenda copies onto all members of the WBCCI for paper and machine costs. Not unlike the rationale that all of a sudden it costs too much for a member to announce their candidacy in the BB and must pay to have their statement published, or the rationale that unit caravans cannot be recognized or numbered because it would add 15 extra pages to the index, also the same way the IBT saved us all a bushload of money charging campgrounds to list giving discounts in the directory and they mostly pulled out of the program thereby saving more money for the WBCCI. However we all do have to pay $10.00 more this year and a promise of another increase coming shortly. But yeah pin it on the fall guys and punt, they are great at doing that. Spare no expense as long as the record only shows roses.

photography
Old 10-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #79
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
No, actually it says just what Dave Park typed.
I'm not questioning the accuracy of Dave's quotation of the magazine. I'm saying I doubt the complete truthfulness of the statement that the bills were "primarily due to grievances". They had Dinsmore and Shohls sending out a slew of Cease and Desist letters last year, which they didn't do for free.

On the other hand, I'm sure the Executive Committee had Garmhausen staying pretty close to them on the disciplinary action against Leo. You will recall there were several amendments to the disciplinary sections of the By Laws last Mid Winter IBT, which were probably advised by counsel to plug up chinks in their legal armor.

I'm not sure where the legal bills come in the WBCCI's mission statement of "Fun, Fellowship, and Adventure". Adventure, I guess. They certainly aren't fun, and don't contribute much to fellowship.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #80
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Seems to me, anything that has to do with the WBCCI is nothing but bickering and fighting, but the bottom line is nothing really changes. This is just another shining example of why I and others don't want to belong to that club.

[this is my opinion]
If your only exposure to the WBCCI is what is discussed in online forums, then you are right, it is 99% bickering and complaining by a few individuals. If you ever do get involved with the club you will most likely see that the face to face experiences are much different. Mine have been 99%+ positive. We have enjoyed great events and made great friends in the club. We recently traveled over 5000 miles in three weeks attending club events and courtesy parking at club member friends' houses. It was fantastic. Don't let the negativity that is spewed toward the club in any on-line forums be you only source of information about the club. Get involved and it may not be what you expect, and I mean that in a positive way.

That is MY opinion.

P.S. And yes, I admit the club has some issues (what club doesn't?), but why let that keep you from experiencing the positive aspects of the club? Try it, you might like it.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
Old 10-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Your opinion is no more important than Joe's, you just like to repeat it often. You have made your point and most of us agree with you. Continually repeating can start to turn some against you. zz
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Leo...Leo...Leo - why, why, why??? must you kill my wonderful buzz from my WBCCI weekend this past weekend. Yet another wonderful WBCCI rally was enjoyed by many this past weekend all over the country. I am only sorry you can't be part of it. Doesn't mean you have to bad mouth the whole organization or experience because you were booted out on your arse because you refused to be civil in your club related actions.

As you suggest, there is a whole wide Airstreaming world out there to be enjoyed. Membership in the WBCCI is not the end-all-be-all for any Airstreamer. My summer camping season re-cap looks like this - I enjoyed fourteen Airstreaming weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Of the fourteen outings a total of two were WBCCI related - the Watchung NJ/WDCU Rodeo Rally and the NJ Unit Crab Fest Rally. While I enjoy my WBCCI participation and related Airstreaming friends very much...and would never walk from that... experience - the club is hardly my Aistreaming end-all-be-all.

Per the October Blue Beret - the financial books are in order and showed a revenue surplus for 2010. The club constitution is in the process of being fixed so that what happened to you can't happen the same way again. The WBCCI is moving in a better direction and I firmly believe it's because of all who have fled the ranks and the threat of the law suit you were connected to.

For you to sit in front of your computer and try and persuade even one Airstreamer from giving the WBCCI a go is just plain wrong. If I never tried the club I would have a couple of hundred fewer friends in my life. The club has introduced me to amazing people, taken me to amazing camping spots, and I cherish that experience.

And you suggest Airstreamers should just skip the richness of it all. I don't get how you could be so bitter to try and affect others experience because yours went south via the mouth.

--Dave
Old 10-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Dave,

I don't disagree with your general message, but take another look at the 2010 income statement. The "revenue surplus" was due to a profit on the 2010 International Rally of about $80,000. Operationally, the club lost money. The profit from the International Rally is not to be used to fund general operations, just like the loss from an International Rally is not subsidized by general operations.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Leo...Leo...Leo - why, why, why??? must you kill my wonderful buzz from my WBCCI weekend this past weekend. Yet another wonderful WBCCI rally was enjoyed by many this past weekend all over the country. I am only sorry you can't be part of it. Doesn't mean you have to bad mouth the whole organization or experience because you were booted out on your arse because you refused to be civil in your club related actions.

As you suggest, there is a whole wide Airstreaming world out there to be enjoyed. Membership in the WBCCI is not the end-all-be-all for any Airstreamer. My summer camping season re-cap looks like this - I enjoyed fourteen Airstreaming weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Of the fourteen outings a total of two were WBCCI related - the Watchung NJ/WDCU Rodeo Rally and the NJ Unit Crab Fest Rally. While I enjoy my WBCCI participation and related Airstreaming friends very much...and would never walk from that... experience - the club is hardly my Aistreaming end-all-be-all.

Per the October Blue Beret - the financial books are in order and showed a revenue surplus for 2010. The club constitution is in the process of being fixed so that what happened to you can't happen the same way again. The WBCCI is moving in a better direction and I firmly believe it's because of all who have fled the ranks and the threat of the law suit you were connected to.

For you to sit in front of your computer and try and persuade even one Airstreamer from giving the WBCCI a go is just plain wrong. If I never tried the club I would have a couple of hundred fewer friends in my life. The club has introduced me to amazing people, taken me to amazing camping spots, and I cherish that experience.

And you suggest Airstreamers should just skip the richness of it all. I don't get how you could be so bitter to try and affect others experience because yours went south via the mouth.

--Dave
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Dave,

I don't disagree with your general message, but take another look at the 2010 income statement. The "revenue surplus" was due to a profit on the 2010 International Rally of about $80,000. Operationally, the club lost money. The profit from the International Rally is not to be used to fund general operations, just like the loss from an International Rally is not subsidized by general operations.

Bill
Thanks for the clarification Bill. I saw the Net income of $32k while the club was budgeting -$76k. I thought that was better than it's been in recent years.

Tags
greg gibson, post edit, vintage-airstream.com