Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #81
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Your opinion is no more important than Joe's, you just like to repeat it often. You have made your point and most of us agree with you. Continually repeating can start to turn some against you. zz
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Leo...Leo...Leo - why, why, why??? must you kill my wonderful buzz from my WBCCI weekend this past weekend. Yet another wonderful WBCCI rally was enjoyed by many this past weekend all over the country. I am only sorry you can't be part of it. Doesn't mean you have to bad mouth the whole organization or experience because you were booted out on your arse because you refused to be civil in your club related actions.

As you suggest, there is a whole wide Airstreaming world out there to be enjoyed. Membership in the WBCCI is not the end-all-be-all for any Airstreamer. My summer camping season re-cap looks like this - I enjoyed fourteen Airstreaming weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Of the fourteen outings a total of two were WBCCI related - the Watchung NJ/WDCU Rodeo Rally and the NJ Unit Crab Fest Rally. While I enjoy my WBCCI participation and related Airstreaming friends very much...and would never walk from that... experience - the club is hardly my Aistreaming end-all-be-all.

Per the October Blue Beret - the financial books are in order and showed a revenue surplus for 2010. The club constitution is in the process of being fixed so that what happened to you can't happen the same way again. The WBCCI is moving in a better direction and I firmly believe it's because of all who have fled the ranks and the threat of the law suit you were connected to.

For you to sit in front of your computer and try and persuade even one Airstreamer from giving the WBCCI a go is just plain wrong. If I never tried the club I would have a couple of hundred fewer friends in my life. The club has introduced me to amazing people, taken me to amazing camping spots, and I cherish that experience.

And you suggest Airstreamers should just skip the richness of it all. I don't get how you could be so bitter to try and affect others experience because yours went south via the mouth.

--Dave
Old 10-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Dave,

I don't disagree with your general message, but take another look at the 2010 income statement. The "revenue surplus" was due to a profit on the 2010 International Rally of about $80,000. Operationally, the club lost money. The profit from the International Rally is not to be used to fund general operations, just like the loss from an International Rally is not subsidized by general operations.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Leo...Leo...Leo - why, why, why??? must you kill my wonderful buzz from my WBCCI weekend this past weekend. Yet another wonderful WBCCI rally was enjoyed by many this past weekend all over the country. I am only sorry you can't be part of it. Doesn't mean you have to bad mouth the whole organization or experience because you were booted out on your arse because you refused to be civil in your club related actions.

As you suggest, there is a whole wide Airstreaming world out there to be enjoyed. Membership in the WBCCI is not the end-all-be-all for any Airstreamer. My summer camping season re-cap looks like this - I enjoyed fourteen Airstreaming weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Of the fourteen outings a total of two were WBCCI related - the Watchung NJ/WDCU Rodeo Rally and the NJ Unit Crab Fest Rally. While I enjoy my WBCCI participation and related Airstreaming friends very much...and would never walk from that... experience - the club is hardly my Aistreaming end-all-be-all.

Per the October Blue Beret - the financial books are in order and showed a revenue surplus for 2010. The club constitution is in the process of being fixed so that what happened to you can't happen the same way again. The WBCCI is moving in a better direction and I firmly believe it's because of all who have fled the ranks and the threat of the law suit you were connected to.

For you to sit in front of your computer and try and persuade even one Airstreamer from giving the WBCCI a go is just plain wrong. If I never tried the club I would have a couple of hundred fewer friends in my life. The club has introduced me to amazing people, taken me to amazing camping spots, and I cherish that experience.

And you suggest Airstreamers should just skip the richness of it all. I don't get how you could be so bitter to try and affect others experience because yours went south via the mouth.

--Dave
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Dave,

I don't disagree with your general message, but take another look at the 2010 income statement. The "revenue surplus" was due to a profit on the 2010 International Rally of about $80,000. Operationally, the club lost money. The profit from the International Rally is not to be used to fund general operations, just like the loss from an International Rally is not subsidized by general operations.

Bill
Thanks for the clarification Bill. I saw the Net income of $32k while the club was budgeting -$76k. I thought that was better than it's been in recent years.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #85
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
On point Dave, only sorry to see you left out the vineyard rally???

Bill,
Some folks look at things half full v half empty

Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Dave,

The actual operating loss was "only" $53,000 compared to a budgeted loss of $77,000, an improvement. The Profit and Loss Statement now includes the results of the International Rally, this is an improvement, but one has to carefully review the components of the statement.

Bob,

I don't understand you comment. I am not saying that the glass is half full. The club still has a way to go before the financial results are on a firm footing.

I sent a letter to the Treasurer with some questions a few weeks ago, perhaps you could use your influence with the leadership to obtain answers to my questions?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 10-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
only sorry to see you left out the vineyard rally???
Bob, I was only citing Rallies I attended between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I've added two more WBCCI Rallies since Labor Day (Metro NY's Vineyard Rally and Watchung's Columbus Rally) and have one more planned for the year at end of Oct - Metro NY's Boo Rally).

My non- Airstreaming weekends will include Bear Creek Music Fest in Suwannee Music Park in FL in Nov and the NYE Party at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle.

see Bear Creek Music & Art Festival

--Dave
Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #88
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Boy, has this thread strayed? From the WBCCI forums to Leo's usual rant to questions about the current budget. Argh.

Lynn
Old 10-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #89
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
Bob, I was only citing Rallies I attended between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I've added two more WBCCI Rallies since Labor Day (Metro NY's Vineyard Rally and Watchung's Columbus Rally) and have one more planned for the year at end of Oct - Metro NY's Boo Rally).

My non- Airstreaming weekends will include Bear Creek Music Fest in Suwannee Music Park in FL in Nov and the NYE Party at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle.

see Bear Creek Music & Art Festival

--Dave
And don't forget your Non WBCCI weekend at Crawfish. Was that before Memorial Day? My glass was frequently half full. It was also frequently half empty. I am speaking literally and Bob was speaking rhetorically, so totally different implication to the glass there.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
And don't forget your Non WBCCI weekend at Crawfish. Was that before Memorial Day?
My brother, I obviously counted Crawfish Fest as a non-WBCCI weekend and it was held the first weekend in June. Oddly, two Rallies I did attend this summer were WBCCI rallies at the time of the sign up but were shifted to non-WBCCI rallies after the fact - Leo's Ft Schuyler Rally (camping in da Bronx) and Leo's Pocono 500 Rally. Both of Leo's rallies were great times and on my calendar in pen for 2011.

Don't get me wrong - I love Leo and his events - I just can't put up with his words deterring people from joining the WBCCI.

I will hopefully retire in twenty years and want the club to be here so I can Caravan with the club to Baja, Alaska, Civil War 1 (and 2 if it's revived), the Great SE, and many many others.

Please people, join up and help keep this wonderfully histerical, i mean historical club alive.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #91
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
perhaps you could use your influence with the leadership to obtain answers to my questions?
Bill
Bill I have no influence but I'll ask on your behalf.

What's your question(s) or pm me if you prefer.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #92
Rivet Master

A Few Good Salesmen

Let’s see if we can bring this all together now.

The WBCCI forums (getting back on track) are down because the IBT/EC7 would not listen to some members (who got C&D letters) about technology but would rather listen to a non-member (at the time) looking for personal gain to run the club forums.

Some members (Leo being one) spoke out about this matter (and others) to the IBT/EC7 maybe in a way they did not like, but was correct in facts. In fact, the whole time (these people) were (and still is) telling people that the WBCCI is a great club except for the management (being the IBT/EC7) and people should join (do a search and this is what you will find).

In all the years I’ve personally been on these and other forums, I’ve “NEVER” seen Leo tell people not to join the WBCCI. Dave, if you go back and re-read his post the last line (after ranting about the IBT/EC7) he says he “AGREES” with “Joe” about “JOINING” the WBCCI.

Maybe if the IBT/EC7 had listened to those who told them they were making a mistake about the forums, the forums would not be down and the new Airstream owners could go there to ask the question if they should join.

This is like “A Few Good Men”. You needed Leo saying those things, you wanted Leo saying those things, you now have hope because of what was said and now question the manner in which it was said. Instead just say “Thank You” and be on your way.

Maybe if the IBT/EC7 had “A Few Good Salesmen”, the WBCCI would be in better shape.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #93
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona

Excellant preformance Col. Jessup. Now go back and re-write that expense account.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 10-23-2010, 08:40 AM   #94

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Folks this thread has gone completely off topic and at this point will be closed. Those of you who do not belong to WBCCI really should quit beating this dog. We are pulling the off topic threads that have recently been posted.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, post edit, vintage-airstream.com