Originally Posted by Aage
Please give me your thoughts...?
1. Decisions about moderation are made by the site team as a group. Among other things, we try to honor the intent of the forum; Information Exchange. This is balanced with our community rules and posting history and making these decisions is a difficult dance.
2. AIR has long had a topic area for WBCCI related content. It was initially opened in response to member requests for this area because WBCCI had none. We have maintained it for many years and through various web endevours by the WBCCI.
3. The WBCCI may be a vendor in that they are a corporate entity, but then so is Airstream incorporated. By the arguements presented earlier in this thread, it would seem that various gripes about Airstream should also not be allowed? Should only warm fuzzy "I heart my Airstream" posts be allowed? We take the good with the bad and hope that on balance there's more good than bad.
4. About the no politics rule.... Our Community rules are fairly clear that political discussions are acceptable so long as they are associated with the topic of the board. While the original intent was to channel discussions away from election year rants and red v. blue diatribes, it would seems that wbcci politics is topical.
5. We try to encourage ranters to take their rants elsewhere and to that end have allowed links to savewally and other similar sites. But please understand that we try very hard to allow open discussions even if we don't always like the content. Members are still expected to post in a collegial way, however and most often when there is a moderator intervention it is related to this issue.
6. Explore your ignore. Think before you post and remember that others feel just as strongly as you do - but may have a differing view point.
7. The site team would like accept donations of headache tablets and adult beverages.