annoyed by the used rv ads banners 15 78.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #29
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
OK folks.. Just a reminder that those not wishing to view this content can use the ignore forum option.

Open the forum you want to ignore and select "forum tool" from the drop down menu over on the right. Then select ignore forum.

Alternatively you can manage your ignore lists in your usercp. http://www.airforums.com/forums/cis_settings.php

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 08-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #30
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I'm missing something here...

Janet,

I've got to admit that I am confused about the issue of who can complain openly and verbally (even to the point of naming names), about whom.

By the very fact that this thread hasn't been yanked, may I assume that I am allowed start up a new thread here on airforums.com, complaining about people whose sole purpose in being here appears to be only to grind their axe about issues that are relevant only to things that happen another forum, and on how the connected club for that forum is run?

Personally, I can't see the difference in my starting a thread like that, and the fact that this one is apparently allowed.

Or is there a fine difference I am missing here that you can help me to understand?

If I do that though, I'm thinking I should also put it under the guise of a poll having only options that are negative towards the group I would complain about, and have no choices included that say that the person taking the poll is OK with the type of thread that this one is.

Please give me your thoughts...?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #31
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post

Please give me your thoughts...?
1. Decisions about moderation are made by the site team as a group. Among other things, we try to honor the intent of the forum; Information Exchange. This is balanced with our community rules and posting history and making these decisions is a difficult dance.
2. AIR has long had a topic area for WBCCI related content. It was initially opened in response to member requests for this area because WBCCI had none. We have maintained it for many years and through various web endevours by the WBCCI.
3. The WBCCI may be a vendor in that they are a corporate entity, but then so is Airstream incorporated. By the arguements presented earlier in this thread, it would seem that various gripes about Airstream should also not be allowed? Should only warm fuzzy "I heart my Airstream" posts be allowed? We take the good with the bad and hope that on balance there's more good than bad.
4. About the no politics rule.... Our Community rules are fairly clear that political discussions are acceptable so long as they are associated with the topic of the board. While the original intent was to channel discussions away from election year rants and red v. blue diatribes, it would seems that wbcci politics is topical.
5. We try to encourage ranters to take their rants elsewhere and to that end have allowed links to savewally and other similar sites. But please understand that we try very hard to allow open discussions even if we don't always like the content. Members are still expected to post in a collegial way, however and most often when there is a moderator intervention it is related to this issue.
6. Explore your ignore. Think before you post and remember that others feel just as strongly as you do - but may have a differing view point.
7. The site team would like accept donations of headache tablets and adult beverages.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #32
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
stop bitching about moderators. this is a website not court

I hate to be the one to point this out, but.... it is an imperfect world. All to often solutions that make everyone happy just don't exist. North Korea is a problem and so is WBCCI infighting, both are just a fact of life I am afraid.

Moderators serve the community because they want to support it, not because they are super heroes. They are volunteers, so take a chill pill.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Old 08-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Wow... Here is 30 minutes of my life I wont get back.
1980 31' Excella II
2003 Silverado HD Crew Cab

"We must become the change we want to see."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #34
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
7. The site team would like accept donations of headache tablets and adult beverages.
I for one would like to second the thing about adult beverages.

>>>>>Action
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Don't listen to the naysayers like 2air who are spreading their toxic negativity.

Especially when they, like 2air, are not Wbcci members,
they have no dog in this fight.

The main title of this sub forum is WBCCI,
when you see that don't click
Wow! You are amazing. (insert picture of face palm here.)

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com