Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2007, 08:52 AM   #121
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Ottawa , Ontario
Very simple reason as to why we didn't join: we're in our 30s. Not interested in over-the-top-organized events, we just want to camp in style in our Airstream, where we want, and how we want.

I briefly entertained the notion of joining when we first purchased our A/S last year and duly checked out the Ontario Unit's website... While all the folks in the photos looked like they were having a good time, I can't imagine joining at our age (please - no offense intended). As we work full time + hours, we're only able to get away for weekends or at best a 2 week long vacation, so our leisure time is v. precious.

To each his/her own.

Cheers
Mackhopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #122
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
The reason I haven't joined is because I have this thing....it's called a JOB. As I understand it, most functions in most units are geared for retired people (which is fine, the point is that the WBCCI is for retired people).

I also wouldn't fit in demographically. I am only 51 years old (much too young) and have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son.

If it still exists when I retire, I may look into it.
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuyeda
Did not join...
A brand new trailerite to the hobby, and found a Curtis Wright trailer. After a little research I learned that Wally Byam designed the trailer in his brief partnership with Curtis Wright.

This led me to inquire about the acceptance of the Curtis
Wright trailer into the club. After some controversy, someone finally stepped in stating that the issue was voted on and is an accepted trailer in the club.

It was during this period I felt that the welcome mat was not out unless my trailer was deemed acceptable. I inquired about participating in an upcoming rally to get a better idea of the local activities. Instead of "you are welcome to join us", I was questioned, if my trailer was an airstream, and if I was a club member. Is this a requirement of participating in a rally? How are you suppose to attract new members if there are so many restrictions.
Cliff,

First, it was nice to meet you and your wife at Newport Dunes last weekend.

Second, I don't believe you tried El Camino Real to attend a rally, if you did I will have a talk with them. I am sure that you will be welcome, especially with 47WeeWind's authority that you have a qualifying trailer.

Please PM me with the unit you asked.

SYDTR

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreilly10000
The reason I haven't joined is because I have this thing....it's called a JOB. As I understand it, most functions in most units are geared for retired people (which is fine, the point is that the WBCCI is for retired people).

I also wouldn't fit in demographically. I am only 51 years old (much too young) and have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son.

If it still exists when I retire, I may look into it.
I have a job also and we are only able to attend three or four unit rallies a year, showing up on Friday even though the rally may have started on Wednesday. I am a little older (60) and are unit has members from thirty something to eighty something with children as young as 6.

Not every member attends every rally.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #125
4 Rivet Member

1953 25' Cruiser
Canton , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
I have a job also and we are only able to attend three or four unit rallies a year, showing up on Friday even though the rally may have started on Wednesday. I am a little older (60) and are unit has members from thirty something to eighty something with children as young as 6.

Not every member attends every rally.

Bill
I realize that my blanket assumption of the whole organization isn't fair. If I lived near a unit with a mix of people like your unit, that would be different.
dmreilly10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #126
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
No WBCCI in France or in Europe....
What "international "means in WBCCI if not overseas ?
Sure I'ld like to meet others Airstreams in rallies in France, in spite of we are not too many; Perry & Coline (Belrepayre campground ) in the south of France have organised that in their Airtstream campground and other A/S are from there; Not really other travel A/S. May be with the new European models , the WBCC 'll became really international with a representation on the old continent.
When this club 'll exist here, I 'll subcribe to meet other members that have the same or a different age, opinion, way of life, money, succes, standing life, etc... It's the diversity that make life and a club , interesting ;
see you soon in France.

Bruno;
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #127
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoffrance
No WBCCI in France or in Europe....
What "international "means in WBCCI if not overseas ?
Sure I'ld like to meet others Airstreams in rallies in France, in spite of we are not too many; Perry & Coline (Belrepayre campground ) in the south of France have organised that in their Airtstream campground and other A/S are from there; Not really other travel A/S. May be with the new European models , the WBCC 'll became really international with a representation on the old continent.
When this club 'll exist here, I 'll subcribe to meet other members that have the same or a different age, opinion, way of life, money, succes, standing life, etc... It's the diversity that make life and a club , interesting ;
see you soon in France.

Bruno;
Bruno,

Get 10 owners together and start a new unit. I don't know what region you would fall under, but let the IBT figure it out. After all it is WBCCInternational.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #128
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot
Bruno,

Get 10 owners together and start a new unit. I don't know what region you would fall under, but let the IBT figure it out. After all it is WBCCInternational.

Bill
That's what I was thinkin'! Go for it, Bruno! And if you can't get 10 people yet for a unit, then join one of the units (like WDCU) that you can participate in by internet, and set up a unit rally in France to coincide with a rally in the states. A true International rally!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:06 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
That's what I was thinkin'! Go for it, Bruno! And if you can't get 10 people yet for a unit, then join one of the units (like WDCU) that you can participate in by internet, and set up a unit rally in France to coincide with one of the a rally in the states. A true International rally!

-J
J,

Great idea, I am sure that RideAir and WDCU would be glad to have a rally in France. After that you should be able to find the 10 owners you need for a new unit.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #130
3 Rivet Member

WBCCI, Why you left or did not join?

I totally agree with 2Air. Hospitality to another Airstreamer should take preference. We can always find another plate of food etc. Seems to me it would make people want to join a friendly club.

Gloria Pace
WBCCI 7287
72 Sovereign
84 Avion
Greenville, Tx
Lee Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1973 27' Overlander
Southport (Panama City) , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ibgl6
I would invite all to join me I like the idea of hospitality and possible frendships of all sorts of people anybody even close to where I am camping is more than welcome and I will share all that I have at anytime even with the so called SOB's camping is supposed to be fun relaxing getaway from life's everyday hustle...

Air#15607 TAC FL-2

Good Sam (LifeTime Member)
ibgl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Would you rethink letting it expire if there was a realxed fun loving Unit that was unlike anything you described?
Hi Milo, I would certainly consider it if the rulebook was thrown out the window, but I just don't see that happening with the WBCCI. I think the forum rallies we have appeal to me perfectly.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowolf
Hi Milo, I would certainly consider it if the rulebook was thrown out the window.
Thats pretty much the concept. How many rules are really needed to camp and have fun?

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #134
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San clemente , California
Hi, I just got back from a 4 day Vintage rally at Bass Lake, CA. Had a great time with the great folks who belong to this club. I have a new Airstream and have had the most fun with the Vintage folks, you just need a vintage attitude to be a member. I am looking forward to another Vintage rally in Colorado in July. Look into the Vintage club, you won't be dissapointed.
SC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #135
1 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
San clemente , California
My club would love to have you come to one of our rallies, we will pick up again in the fall, would you be interested in some information. I live in San Clemente.
SC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 AM   #136
Very american 4 a french

1971 27' Overlander
DUNKERQUE / FRANCE , Nord
WBCCI Europe ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Thats pretty much the concept. How many rules are really needed to camp and have fun?
Sure, it's the first time I've a glance on it and that afraid me ...
I've the idea ... to create a WBCCI in Europe so in looking that .... hum !
With that , it'll be hard to convince 10 European Airstream owners to be a member of a new club... and 10 is nearly the total A/S in Europe... see the map .
People , I think , 'ld not want to be in a too much stuctured system when it's about recreational... Don't forget we are latin mentality at first ...

Bruno.
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:37 AM   #137
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Bruno,

I am sure that if you could find 10 Airstreamers to join a club you would have a great unit. But it is as you say - it would be difficult to find that many Airstreams near you.

I wonder a few things. Which region would you be with or would you even need to be in a region. And how would WBCCI service you as a unit in Europe.

Bruno,

Je suis sûr que si vous pourriez trouver 10 Airstreamers pour joindre un club vous auriez une grande « unité ». Mais c'est comme vous dites - il serait difficile de trouver 10 personnes. Mais - je veux savoir - a
vec quelle région vous seriez ou vous devriez même être dans une région (par example, j'habite en "Region 12"). Et comment WBCCI vas servir une groupe en Europe. Que WBCCI peut faire pour vous aider?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #138
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Well Bruno depending on the outcome of the vote in Perry perhaps you will be the first member in France in the new Airstream only club International! Viva La France and the American Dream!! C'mon back for a rally when you can.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote