Old 02-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #57
Rivet Master
1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Originally Posted by artlink
I donít belong to the WBCCI. I am a non retired single person working and living on the road. I am a member of GS, Passport America, and will apply to the TCT.

Of course these groups are a very different breed from the WBCCI. The reasons for joining are also very different. BUT many of the reasons for which I would consider joining the WBCCI are present RIGHT HERE in the Airstream forum!

Easy access;
Airstream forum members held my hand as I purchased my 1st AS.
( I searched on AS, reviewed many of the websites and THIS site addressed my needs, not the WBCCI or any other sight)

Airstream forum members have demonstrated their supportive, considerate and welcoming nature. (Just read the heart felt welcomes to new members posts)

Airstream forum members have gone out of their way to answer all the stupid questions I have asked over the past 20 months or so.

ASF members have always made me feel welcome.

It was easy to join.

Itís easy to belong, through the effective use if 20th century technology (internet)

The ASF is always fresh and up-to-date.

The ASF has HELPED ME, entertained me, enlightened me, and informed me on all things Airstream.

I feel/know I'm a part of a virtual group with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ages and experience I can draw upon, all with a common love of Airstreams.

I also feel, as others ASF members obviously do, motivated to help other members as other members have helped me.

All the organizational elements are all ready in place.
Add local chapters, a nifty ASF emblem and some registration numbers. Throw in an E-mail newsletter (pdf file), a secret handshake, Tinfoil hats fashioned with an eye towards the jiffy Pop look and a few other tweaks and perks and I would gladly pay to join.

Although I suspect that this is somewhat of the goal that the founding fathers of all forums expect/hope to achieve, Iím fine with that.

I canít imagine any organization better equipped to address my needs as an Airstream owner then the one I belong to now, this forum!

Michael J. Depraida

As a footnote, I have many older friends, Lions, Masons, Moose, VFW, etc.
Their organizations seem to be suffering from all the same symptoms as the ones expressed in this thread. I see a pattern, if you want to form a club you need to address the NEEDS of the group you are trying to attract. Itís just that simple.
Well said, I feel the same way about the AS Forums.

Chris AIR # 7276, WBCCI # 7276, TAC OR - 8
Photos of Project 2k5
Project 2k5
Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote