Old 02-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #155
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Hey Barry - I tried I really did to get on the WBCCI forum - but I think the hour they said it would take to send me my information (username/password) has long expired. This is not the first time I have tried to use that site. Even when I did remember my old information - I would post and when I pressed the submit button it would just vanish into thin air....

Thanks for trying Sharon.

I wonder what would happen if a number larger than 50% of the 2,000 people showing up at the International were to pull out placards requesting an open vote on the executive be held - with one vote for each member to ensure the MAL's are included. Heresay I know but it just occurs to me that something needs to happen for the executive to take notice. Oops, I guess that was my inner voice talking - shame on me for even thinking such a thing.

Barry

Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #156
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Letter from Headquarters

I have a happy update. I have received a letter from WBCCI Headquarters in follow-up to my non-renewal. I am very glad to see that these letters are going out and think they will have a positive result in reminders and in gathering feed-back.

Dear Caravanner,

It has come to my attention that you have not renewed your membership in WBCCI. I am writing you to reconsider membership in the Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc. so that you may take advantage of its many unique offerings. Many exciting caravans and rallies are planned for the coming year, in addition to the fun and fellowship of membership in your local unit.

While I am unaware of why you have not renewed your membership, you will most certainly be missed. Please feel free to contact me or Jodi Morris (jmorris@wbcci.org), Membership Director, if you have any problems or concerns that we may address.

Please let us hear from you soon. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2008.

Best Regards,

Cindy Reed
Corporate Manager
Creed@wbcci.org

P.S. You are welcome to e-mail your response if preferred.
__________________________________________________ _________

Yes_____I wish to renew my membership
No _____I do not wish to renew
________Sold Airstream
Comments__________________________________________ __________
__________________________________________________ ___________
Name___________________________________Membership Number______

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #157
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Good to see.Thanks for posting that Carol.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #158
Rivet Master

Was the test passed?

Carol, a little while back, you posted the following:

Quote:
I have been a member of WBCCI since 2004, first as a member of the Metro Detroit unit, then a MAL and then WDCU and a member of the CAC and associate of FCU. And yes my dues did not flow forthwith automatically this October as a means to be my voice and to test the follow up on nonrenewals.

Now you have posted:

Quote:
I have a happy update. I have received a letter from WBCCI Headquarters in follow-up to my non-renewal. I am very glad to see that these letters are going out and think they will have a positive result in reminders and in gathering feed-back.

So, did the WBCCI pass the test?? I'm not sure if the WDCU Membership person (Star Grover) sent anything, but I'm glad to see HQ following up. Star told me she sends out emails to everyone that does not renew.

Since 2004, you have been a member of your local unit, went to a MAL, then to the WDCU, then did not renew. I'm glad the WBCCI has units that can fill your needs has they change. That's what makes us great!

Region 2 VAC Guy
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #159
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Paul I decided to vote with my dues and hoped collectively it might send out a call.

I switched from MAL to WDCU for the vote but I think upon renewal I would be a MAL since we are often on the road and not local to units we would LOVE to be local to. I think MAL status is a better reflection of my level of interest. Still keeping an eye out for that new Airstream niche. If I hold a Late Model rally or caravn someday, you'd all be welcome too! Just bring that new Airstream attitude.

photography
Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #160
3 Rivet Member

letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I have a happy update. I have received a letter from WBCCI Headquarters in follow-up to my non-renewal.
WBCCI has been sending these letters for several years that I know of. They do pay attention and they do care.
Sierra Nevada Unit #157
http://sierranevadaairstreams.org
SierraBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #161
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Diane,

I never knew that. Then WBCCI has had the feed-back all along for members dropping out. Perhaps we can get those reason stats from Cindy and see what could be done if appropriate action could bring remedy. Was there always an e-mail option as well? So I guess it is not news ...only updated myself and previous post..but still glad that the club has this information to work through. And perhaps all of the units will follow suit as the first line of contact and encouragement. I would think some units may already be doing that. I'll bet Sierra Nevada does! To the units that do follow-up on member losses, do you submit them to headquarters or the membership committee for processing? If Cindy does have the members' info perhaps hitting those archives with a fresh invite from the units would help in the drive for membership.

photography
Old 02-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #162
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Carol,
I can only thank you again for being the 4CU eyes and ears at that mid-winter IBT meeting. I think you were the only member (associate) not to renew this year with the 4CU. If you rejoin the club, I'll pay your 4CU dues for you (again)
Sign me up Richard, done! Am I still charter member?

photography