Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
right, LEO caused them to spend the money, talk about spin
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
804 assigned to Kings for years of service for leading 9 national caravans

comment, "so this is a recognition thing?"

grievance costs Don Rogers has list says $20, 000 plus for Leo G. John Stump asks can we recoop any of this? answer... you would have to ask the lawyers.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #23
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
So they spent 20K to kick him out, now they'll spend a lot more to defend their actions in the way they did it!

Best part is there's no real defense for the club to raise, so Leo will likely get reinstated.

It's amazing that they feared him so much for speaking out and exposing the the facts that the IBT wasted that kind of money to be certain to kick him out.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
merit awards

Mr. Rogers says they really appreciate the recognition (burn, again)

announcement there is an opinion that hey are an action committee they make suggestions and set goals and not have power
elimination of 3rd vp and will be considered July 5th meeting also the round tables going for communication between IBT and members and if you had trouble getting the communication he through Cindy sent out the letter by e-mail contact Cindy because I do not want to leave anyone out. It was brought u ay the region officers training program as well. Can we take the reposrts of the members of those who have them.

we will give each region 5 minutes for info accumulated

reg 1

F.Sanders 3rd vp eliminated, rally frequency reduced not on 4th reduce rgions, act decisiveky not additional surveys, draft action quickly, bylaws simplified, no more moho issue, tolerant of criticism and open BB up, IBT must listen, open nominating process, strengthen region support, transparency and budget reporting

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
reg 2

urgency for making changes, nearing point critical mass for losses money and members, impatient for progress, do not increase the dues, do away with ethics and grievance committee, revamp International rally, and vary dates, reduce early or prerally or charge prerally fee, too much IBT and need reorganize, committee non motorhome issue grandfather older owners becaue of no new Airstream, no dress code turn off, region rallies instaed of International, keep the 3amp for cost savingds

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
reg 3 at mid winter
reg 4

All units represented and most talk was about International, too long, want 3 amp, too expensive, put Airstream on the badges not change the name, e-mail letters not getting to the membership from leaders, why it takes so long to impliment changes, starts out ok but then takes too long to put it into practise

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
reg 5

e-mail response from units overall many felt they had done the survey before, most relaxed conversations fireside, graduated dues schedule more for bb hard copy, region travel expenses to region rally fee, region visits, fewer competitions for awards, less competition, have hobby show, not a competition, e-mail to communicate, shorter caravans, show caravn on WBCCI website save costs on directory and advertise caravanning and link past history and continuing to do so, will save 12 pages from directory, regions need to be redefined

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
reg 6

didn't get the notice not prepared

reg 7 only has 1/3 units input but will get round table later in August

reg 8 used questionaire, getting membership, make positive remarks only, conform to majority and just have fun, shorter rallies for working family, promotion, shorter caravans, one brand club, appreciate pomp and circumstance, one love and diversity, hire a CEO to make money, less pomp and circumstance, combine rallies, do away bulletin boards, delete or add activities, give more credit to units, deemphasis carvans, no BB and uniform, rallies for younger families, use Facebook, more vendors, we dont need merit awards, eliminate contest,

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
reg 9 installation rally will hold round table

reg 10 rally coming up later, 2 units polled one issue was credit card payment for dues communication IBT to unit member level

reg 11 held in fall

reg12
turning it over to 2020, fiscal responsibility, watching outcome of meetings, want to seea ccounting and balanced budget transparency, communications eletronic dues is overhead and desire return International level of dues, many can only go rallies not caravans, have fun is constant through differences, leadership assist units to relate to all Airstream owners.

2020 chairman thanks Tom for the letters and appreciates it and wants all in club to read and see it. All reports are to be turned into the 2020 to review and continue to work on. Member share meeting tomorrow.

Doug Wiley wants region presidents to have reports to continue round table discussion.

Janie said this is not an action committee but that does that preclude bringing forth motions, there is a slight distinction she states.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
$1500 in the budget for next year for marketing.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
New Business

1.revised motion #4 contract and expenditure approval
amended new sec 7, reduce likelihood of unauthorized expenses

comments: most are covered by previous set amounts rather than tie hands...I see keeping rally cap but cannot support this, line #3 without prior approval is the budget that this will require all items to be reapproved, this effects the entire budget of the WBCCI, words need to be clarified in this motion of specifics, and not have to be reapproved.

answer: pressure of time there is merit to acquiring approvals, is the budget in sufficient detail , but we need a way to stop umbrella commitments

Comments: Norm Bea what exceeds $20,000 sanitation, but has agreed to no min attendance, perhaps revision it could potentially

answer: perhaps agree to a contingient variable

Comments: I recommend tabling the motion.

motion to be referred to budget comittee

Vote on midwinter being added to motion 18-0

Vote on original motion 18-

Caravan Fund
It is a separate fund and should have no impact upon WBCCI

Comments: I disagree that is should be removed and would like a return of funds under the supervision of national treasurer. It is not outside WBCCI, it is the same as reports of regions and units. As courtesy I recommend they give status report because otherwise all units and regions would have to make reports as to their income tax reports and so does the caravan report and are on file at JC. Perhaps that should be required of all regions then.

Answer: the original $1500 seed money was used and grew many many years ago and then shrank to zero balance where it is at this point. No reason to go back because there is nothing in it.

Comments: There is no accounting. I don't believe so. I see if the treasurer was responsible for caravan I can see adding obligations onto treasurer. What if a caravan fails? the money will be repaid to caravan leader up to $1000. eah caravan submits a report and it has to have a zero balance excess returned to paticipants. Where do the scouting fees come from? It is advanced from that fund later to be repaid by the leader. Jerry is delighted with the comments and thinks every one should be encouraged to go through the training program and supports the motion.

Vote deletion par 2 of the bylaws-- failed 6-11-0

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
mileage reembursement

in financial dispersements says it is to be included for approval is redunadant and waste time with two approvals

vote 18-0-0 passed

region officers term option
should not discourage others from completing more than one half term and still serve their own term.

vote passed

announcements

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Region 9 President apologized to all the members who wanted change for caravans because the IBT thinks it knows better what's right for them.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Meeting is adjourned.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A member has contacted me as to a posted error, the marketing budget is set for $15,000. Hey that's alot less than the cost of letters sent to Leo.

Please excuse my spelling errors and fragmented phrases, I am no typist and trying my best to listen, think, type, and chew gum at the same time. I was in waaay over my head when Sanders spoke on matters of economics...

Now I would think the delegates meeting will prove interesting and members will want to have a listen but as mentioned previously there is no confirmation or listing of a simulcast for the member share or delegates meetings.

Hopefully some one in attendance will care to offer a first hand look at what transpires for the benefit of those not in attendance.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Just returned home, thanks for the info, Miss Carol.

Maggie
Old 06-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
You're welcome glad to be of service. Hope everything went A-OK at the doctors today.

photography
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #38
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
A member has contacted me as to a posted error, the marketing budget is set for $15,000. .
Great deal, no competing bids just give the contact to this guy, I know him, he's ok.?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Carol, Thanks for posting this. We have been on the road all day and couldn't listen. Probably not what one needs to hear while driving anyway.

I will read through it more thoroughly later but my initial impression is nothing has change except perhaps some of the regions are getting more vocal.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #40
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow How was this expense approved?

Tom Collier, International President: As you were reading your report it was asked if we had a breakdown on the legal expenses, I have passed those out. The board has those in front of them. You can question them, but it's already a fact so there's not too much we can do about it. It's something that we had not anticipated. I do not feel good about the monies we had to spend to do this. If I had to do it over again under the same circumstances, I would do it in a minute. I did this to protect our club and while it was not favorable, it was needed. Are there any questions on this report you have in front of you?
Don Rogers, Region 7 President: So as I'm looking down your list here, the major payout here of $23,351.00 was in relationship to I believe past member Leo G. and that was to do with legal fees with his...

Tom Collier: With everything from starting August through this last week, yes sir.

Don Rogers: So, his actions cost our club $20,351.00 is that without...

Tom Collier: That's pretty much it.

Don Rogers: Fine, thank you.

Tom Collier: Any other questions?

John Stumpf, President Region 6 (3rd Grievance Filer against Leo): Do we have anyway of recouping any of these costs? Or does it...

Tom Collier: Not being an attorney John I cannot answer that. We'd have to go through court I would think.