Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: How satisifed are/were you with your WBCCI membership?
Satisfied 21 46.67%
Somewhat satisfied 7 15.56%
Somewhat unsatisfied 8 17.78%
Not satisfied 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2003, 08:54 AM   #1
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
WBCCI satsfaction survey

For those that have membership, had membership, etc, please share with us your satisfaction of WBCCI in general.

Eric
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
100% Satisfaction!

Eric: After just casting my vote, I see the WBCCI gets a 100% satisfied rating. How about them oranges! Clam happy,
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:48 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Thumbs up WBCCI Satisfaction Survey

After having owned an RV of some other brand, I was anxious to gain full enjoyment from my Airstream purchased in 1995. The Overlander had been in my driveway less than 48 hours when I made my first contact with the WBCCI to forward membership information for my local unit. I haven't looked back since - - the enjoyment of my Airstream has been enhanced through each year of continued membership.

I wasn't looking for a "Marque Club" as I had my fill of those with my collector cars. What I liked and continue to see as a major purpose of the WBCCI is an avenue to keep involved in the use of my trailers to travel in caravans or to attend rallys. I enjoy the Blue Beret, and generally read it from back to front - - I like to check the rally and caravan information first so that I can make plans for upcoming events. I don't limit my participation to my local unit activities - - I have attended a large number of events hosted by WBCCI units other than the one to which I belong. The one thing that I always try to keep in mind is that the vast effort behind the Blue Beret (WBCCI magazine) as well as the Vintage Advantage (Vintage Airstream Club Quaterly Newsletter) is that of volunteers who also own and want to enjoy their Airstreams. As a former Vintage Airstream Club webmaster, I can understand the "behind-the-scenes" effort that goes into each of these endeavors.

In many ways, two of the Intra-Clubs represent an opportunity to become involved in a "Marque Club". The Vintage Airstream Club as well as the Classic Airstream Club offer much of the flavor of the "Marque Clubs" in the collector car arena. I have found the combination of my membership in WBCCI combined with memberships in the Vintage Airstream Club, Free Wheelers, and the Computer Club has been a key to greatly increasing my enjoyment of the Airstream experience.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Me too

Need I weigh in here?

I have heard of those guys......

Rock on WBCCI!

Could not stand it could ya?

I told you so

Smily::
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 03:29 PM   #5
The Painted Pig

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Hailey , Idaho
I voted not satisfied.

My comments are on WBCCI participation poll.

I think the WBCCI would be a great club to belong to if there were a chapter that I can attend that is oriented toward outdoor activites. Outdoor activities and camping go hand-in-hand IMHO.

I once was a member so I do speak from some measure of experience.

Scott
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
My brouser/service will not allow me to vote! The first year was free except for the $7.50 to the Southern AZ Unit which we out-of-business.

The Blue Beret is a waste of paper. We don't do "luncheons" at hotels in Phoenix. We thought Wally traveled and the club would be more into caravans and travelling.....

For $7.50 I can't really say I am dissatisfied--at least I know what I'm not missing--thank you Blue Beret.

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 06:02 PM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Thanks for voting and your comments, I'm not a member and my views are a bit skewed so thus the poll.

Eric
Old 12-27-2003, 08:20 PM   #8
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Re: 100% Satisfaction!

Quote:
Originally posted by 47WeeWind
Eric: After just casting my vote, I see the WBCCI gets a 100% satisfied rating. How about them oranges! Clam happy,
Ah Fred... they joys of being the first voter!

Funny how as is the other thread been pretty close to a 50/50 mix so far.

I look forward to more info if others are willing to participate.

Eric
Old 12-27-2003, 10:28 PM   #9
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 63wind
I voted not satisfied.
I think the WBCCI would be a great club to belong to if there were a chapter that I can attend that is oriented toward outdoor activites. Outdoor activities and camping go hand-in-hand IMHO.

Scott
The answer is to participate and change the orientation of your chosen unit. Gather some friends and start a unit of your own. Split some like minded folks from a unit or gather them from several units. It isn't impossible, it just takes some work.

The unit I belong to is a very active unit because a group of members split from another unit some years ago. The mother unit didn't meet their needs, so they created a unit that did. The original unit is still in existance, but is still pretty unexciting.

I was lucky in that a friend that had an office next to mine before I retired happened to be in a good unit and was/is my mentor.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 10:40 PM   #10
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree John, but again, being retired, that allows such luxury that for someone like me and others like me isn't entirely possible to try to get that kind of thing going. I don't mean to sound like poor us, but it frankly isn't that easy of a task being in my early 30's. I think that the fact that I'm even in this club at this age shows that I've got what it takes, but there are just so many hours in one day with a career and all.

Eric
Old 12-28-2003, 08:44 AM   #11
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Eric,

I joined the WBCCI when I was 28. We were younger than many members kids. We have been welcomed with warmth and respect by every unit we have visited, and wish we had more time to do more with our WBCCI friends. As with any organization there is no way to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, but I have been pleased with my experience.

A ton of extra time is not necessary to be a member. Of course you get out of it what you put in. If you want to be a member of an active unit then you need to find it. Some units work hard to recruit new members, others do not. This leaves it to you to decide if you want to join in. If you want a copy of the Blue Beret this spring when the rally schedules for your area come out, PM me and I will gladly send you a copy of the Region 7 stuff. If you can identify what you are looking for in a unit, a few phone calls will help you to narrow down your choices.

Some of the things we ask our members in a survey that might be a fit for you:

How many days are the rallies 2,3,4 days?
What days of the week are they held?
Do you go to the same place all the time?
What kind of hook ups are normally offered at a rally?
Are the days filled with things to do, planned activities, or free time?
Will there be activities or suggestions of things to do/see for kids?
What is the rally cost, and how is it calculated?

Only you know what the answers need to be for you.

Our unit does a yearly survey of the members for feedback on rallies and unit activities so the next year officers have a feel for what our membership is looking for.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 08:59 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Eric states above:

"I think that the fact that I'm even in this club at this age shows that I've got what it takes, but there are just so many hours in one day with a career and all."

Eric: What club are you in? I recall you are emphatically NOT a member of the WBCCI, so what is the name of the club you are a member of? The Silvertwinkie Club? The Complainers Club? The Peanut Gallery? Curious people want to know. Please enlighten us. Thanks.
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
Old 12-28-2003, 09:03 AM   #13
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Brett,

Thanks for the info. It would be nice if the majority of the groups around the country did that.... unfort, not all groups do what some of the folks that have positive impressions have ........

That said, it was suggested that time be invested to try to change it and that is where the crux of it is.

The main reason for the survey is to see really how satisfied folks that are in these groups really might be. Clearly there are a strong number of folks that are without question happy. There are however a combined number of folks that have a less than optimum feeling.

Eric
Old 12-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #14
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Fred, I'm not sure I like the tone of your post, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here....

I'm simply saying owning an Airstream connects you to all sorts of other Streamers and that is a kind of informal club/family.

It's been suggested by some in various threads that if you don't commit time, you are not someone that makes things happen. I have to say, few folks in their early 30s can afford a new Airstream, let alone all that's involved. It takes folks that make things happen to be able to do make that happen.

I am far from complaining about WBCCI. I am asking questions from the folks and am surprised Fred that you'd suggest or elude to anything more than that.

Eric
Old 12-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Unhappy Flawed Poll

There should have been a fifth button in the middle saying "Neither satisfied or dissatisfied".

I'm a fairly new member and haven't yet partaken any WBCCI events. Therefore, I don't think I can weigh in with an informed opinion.

Going in I knew I was not generally a joiner of many organizations. I belong to the American Institute of Architects purely for professional reasons and that's about it. I don't belong to a country club. I never even joined VFW with a lodge a half mile down the road. I know when I join things I usually get sucked in deeply. I joined Mini'App'les computer club and ending up hosting the main monthly Mac meeting for several years. So who knows what's in store for me? The VAC website is looking for volunteer resource info and I feel the "suction" already.

My initial reasons for joining:

1) Learn as much as possible about Airstreaming as fast as possible.
2) Join VAC for same reason.
3) A vintage Airstream looks naked to me without those red numbers.

I know for the next few years with other major vacation committments that I will not be caravanning soon. I'm not sure with my current vehicle that I will be pulling my Airstream any significant distance at all.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #16
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I see your point, but in that case folks might not vote if they don't feel ready to make a decsion. I'm mostly looking for folks that have the exp in these clubs to be able to comment. When you're ready, please feel free to post as I have not set a time limit for the poll to expire.

I've heard great things about the vintage club(s)-- let alone the Mac groups...
Old 12-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Satisfied ...yes.
See room for growth & change, of course. Things always need to change & adapt...lest they die.
See change happening...yes.
Is the change happening as quickly as I'd like...maybe not, but it takes time to turn a land yacht!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Eric: Because you seem to be in the process of deciding whether to join a particular Airstream club, you statement caught me by surprise, so I sought clarification. All I was doing was asking a question and providing some choices for answers, very much like the polls you established. The answer to my question appears to be that you do not belong to any Airstream club but, instead, as a result of your status as an Airstream owner, you are just a member of a group comprised of the universe of all Airstream owners. You see status as an informal club. I see a club as requiring something more than mere status, the affirmative act of joining others to pursue common goals and interests. Your viewpoint of status alone as confirming informal club membership explains to me a lot about your resistance to joining any Airstream club; it is unnecessary because in your mind you already belong. Good for you. Different strokes for different folks, as long as everyone keeps those wheels rolling. Now, to expressly set the tone for this inaudible E-mail, here is an emoticon:
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"