View Poll Results: How satisifed are/were you with your WBCCI membership?
Satisfied 21 46.67%
Somewhat satisfied 7 15.56%
Somewhat unsatisfied 8 17.78%
Not satisfied 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Tonka Bay
Unhappy Flawed Poll

There should have been a fifth button in the middle saying "Neither satisfied or dissatisfied".

I'm a fairly new member and haven't yet partaken any WBCCI events. Therefore, I don't think I can weigh in with an informed opinion.

Going in I knew I was not generally a joiner of many organizations. I belong to the American Institute of Architects purely for professional reasons and that's about it. I don't belong to a country club. I never even joined VFW with a lodge a half mile down the road. I know when I join things I usually get sucked in deeply. I joined Mini'App'les computer club and ending up hosting the main monthly Mac meeting for several years. So who knows what's in store for me? The VAC website is looking for volunteer resource info and I feel the "suction" already.

My initial reasons for joining:

1) Learn as much as possible about Airstreaming as fast as possible.
2) Join VAC for same reason.
3) A vintage Airstream looks naked to me without those red numbers.

I know for the next few years with other major vacation committments that I will not be caravanning soon. I'm not sure with my current vehicle that I will be pulling my Airstream any significant distance at all.

2015 Sprinter Class B Camper Van
(Former 1971 vintage Airstream Owner)
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #16
2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I see your point, but in that case folks might not vote if they don't feel ready to make a decsion. I'm mostly looking for folks that have the exp in these clubs to be able to comment. When you're ready, please feel free to post as I have not set a time limit for the poll to expire.

I've heard great things about the vintage club(s)-- let alone the Mac groups...

Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:00 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Satisfied ...yes.
See room for growth & change, of course. Things always need to change & adapt...lest they die.
See change happening...yes.
Is the change happening as quickly as I'd like...maybe not, but it takes time to turn a land yacht!

Vintage Airstream Club - Past President 2007/2008
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Eric: Because you seem to be in the process of deciding whether to join a particular Airstream club, you statement caught me by surprise, so I sought clarification. All I was doing was asking a question and providing some choices for answers, very much like the polls you established. The answer to my question appears to be that you do not belong to any Airstream club but, instead, as a result of your status as an Airstream owner, you are just a member of a group comprised of the universe of all Airstream owners. You see status as an informal club. I see a club as requiring something more than mere status, the affirmative act of joining others to pursue common goals and interests. Your viewpoint of status alone as confirming informal club membership explains to me a lot about your resistance to joining any Airstream club; it is unnecessary because in your mind you already belong. Good for you. Different strokes for different folks, as long as everyone keeps those wheels rolling. Now, to expressly set the tone for this inaudible E-mail, here is an emoticon:

Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote