Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
The quality of red pigment the club has recently been buying for the decals is not to good and therefore the numbers have a really poor appearence after as little as 5 years of outdoor exposure even in the north country. In my experience red is one of the least stable colors when subject to high UV exposure.

Leaving your numbers on at least helps stop people from trying to come over and trying to recuite you to join the club. I have never seen fit to mount my stars. It seems like bragging how old you are. I do not keep my brag board very current either.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:33 AM   #16
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
What are the stars for? We have 2 on either side of our numbers. We were very lucky to get almost the same numbers as our trailer came with. We just had to change the 8 to a 9, but we still see a shadow.

wbcci#8209
Air Forum#17236

Check out the Oregon WBCCI Club and Airstream Living Oregon unit 090 on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:18 AM   #17
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Members are awarded a star for every 5 years of club membership. 4 stars = 20 years.

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
for what it's worth, I too have been wondering why people don't put their numbers on, or put them in the wrong place.
In the 70's everyone had them on.
FYI, I'm 47, and was very very proud to put the numbers, that were once my parents, on ou new '04, along with the stars, it just looked so "naked" without them
also, having been just elected a Region officer, when the time comes I will NOT change to a three digit. Evertime I look at the trailers numbers I think of my Mom and Dad.
some amount of uniformity in appearance looks nice at rally's and when the numbers are all over the place it looks wierd doesn't it?
I just wonder why this trend started............
Dan
Old 08-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDureiko View Post
some amount of uniformity in appearance looks nice at rally's and when the numbers are all over the place it looks wierd doesn't it?
I just wonder why this trend started............
Dan
Dan,

Actually, if you look at photos of the old rallies and caravans, some members had their numbers on the curb side front corner (to the extent that Airstreams have corners) and elsewhere. The uniform location of the numbers is a more recent development.

Best,
Nuvi (whose numbers are in the conventional spot)
Old 08-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #20
Gator1

2006 25' Safari
San Antonio , Texas
I love my numbers

I can't imagine my trailer without its numbers. I mount my star too. I enjoy the look on some old timers' faces when they start to tell me what those stars are for and are astonished that a 41 year old with kids has been around that long! It will be even more fun next year when there are two!

Jim
WBCCI #5228
2006 25' Safari FB
Gator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
Squaw Valley , California
We have a four digit number and there are an awful lot of rivets above the windows with the 13 panel ends. I like the idea of placing them on the corners. Maybe even have someone paint our names on the panel below in the front.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #22
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFDureiko
also, having been just elected a Region officer, when the time comes I will NOT change to a three digit.
Unless it has changed in the last couple of years, it is NOT an option. You will be given and expected to display your 3 digit number, which will be yours as long as you remain in the club.
I hope I'm wrong, but I listened to two different International officers complain that they wished they had been able to keep their old numbers, as it was on business cards, chairs, even their shirts.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Unless it has changed in the last couple of years, it is NOT an option. You will be given and expected to display your 3 digit number, which will be yours as long as you remain in the club.
I hope I'm wrong, but I listened to two different International officers complain that they wished they had been able to keep their old numbers, as it was on business cards, chairs, even their shirts.
Terry,

In listening to the IBT meetings for the last two years, I think that it has changed and an officer can opt out of drawing a new number.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #24
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Those red numbers are a sign of honor for some and a scarlet letter for others. They are yours not the trailer's, put them where you want. Today the numbers are all four or more digits so they get put above the windows. In the early days they were put on the front curb side corner like this...
Attachment 59728Attachment 59729
There is a similar thread going on now about names and home towns being painted on in this location. Many people are going this route again including myself.
I love the way this looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingtahoe View Post
Here is a great article on how to apply your numbers with static cling material so you can remove/apply as you see fit. Our static cling stuff arrived this week and I am going to try it out this weekend.
http://wbcci.org/documents/Phred%20S...ept%202007.pdf
That is genius.
biggoofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
1959 22' Flying Cloud
Bowden , West Virginia
International Officers and the Region Presidents can opt to retain their number. A new number is optional.