Old 05-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
WBCCI rally liability insurance

I understand that WBCCI provides liability insurance coverage to cover any official club functions and activities (i.e., rallies) in the US and Canada.

On further research in the Blue Book, I saw that it states, "...this policy is written to protect all of the Units; and Unit, Region, and International Officers and employees while engaged in official, authorized business for WBCCI and the facilities being used or leased for such functions. The policy covers claims, which may be brought against the above named individuals as a result of accidents resulting from their negligence."

Does anyone know exactly what this means and what the extent of the coverage is? The Blue Book is a little vague with regards to the extent of the coverage, "...the claim will be forwarded to the WBCCI Insurance Carrier who will determine if the claim meets the guidelines of the liability policy."

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:05 AM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
I understand that WBCCI provides liability insurance coverage to cover any official club functions and activities (i.e., rallies) in the US and Canada.

On further research in the Blue Book, I saw that it states, "...this policy is written to protect all of the Units; and Unit, Region, and International Officers and employees while engaged in official, authorized business for WBCCI and the facilities being used or leased for such functions. The policy covers claims, which may be brought against the above named individuals as a result of accidents resulting from their negligence."

Does anyone know exactly what this means and what the extent of the coverage is? The Blue Book is a little vague with regards to the extent of the coverage, "...the claim will be forwarded to the WBCCI Insurance Carrier who will determine if the claim meets the guidelines of the liability policy."

I'm not sure what the coverage is but most organizations carry insurance to protect the officers and the organization from lawsuits. I just did some study of this topic for a local organization that I belong to that just split from the mother ship.

Protection of the officers for $500,000 each will cost us about $500 annually. $1,000,000 will cost just over $800.
Protection of the organization's assets (bank accounts) would have run another $500. The broker I'm working with noted that since we do not pay directly for any of our meeting sites, and vendors sponsor our luncheons, the liability of our gatherings pretty much lie on the back of the vendors and the site where our meetings are at. Since our assets are pretty meager, his advice was not to insure our assets, but instead protect the officers from personal liability.

I'd also be curious about the bill for liability for WBCCI. It has to be somewhat significant backed on the exposure of the many units.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
I did hear this, and it does make sense. I wondered why in the world WBCCI would not get on board with the Capetown to Cairo Caravans.
It would be great if this could happen, but this is not 1957. I know, I fly to Nigeria, Liberia, and the Ivory Coast with ATA Airlines, doing troop movements and Deportee flights. We have to spend 10's of thousands of dollars bribing our 757 out of the Airport.....I kid you not. it's not good.
I don't think this caravan is possible, not without hiring mercinaries (KBR?) in HumVee's to protect the Caravan. Those kids that came for cookies and milk in 1957, sadly,,,,,have AK47s and pillage and rape now.....
I so wish this were not true, honestly, but sadly that's what I have seen.
Sad but I think true.
Dan