Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
WBCCI President for the day....

O.K.

Another in a line of WBCCI thoughts - You are made WBCCI President for a day. Besides a name change, what would you do to improve the WBCCI's outreach and membership levels?

I'll start. I would put a committee together of web savvy members to improve the entire infrastructure of the internet presence the WBCCI has. Currently they contract with Online Technologies Corporation to provide hosting services. But the site doesn't provide a lot of service. Members should be able to join & renew online including the unit dues, etc.
WBCCI has a forum (did you know that?). They have just over 300 members - that's all. They should have thousands.
members should be able to log in and get stuff like an online travel planner of other web based services.
I bet for the same $20,000 for a name change, the internet capabilities could be improved to really offer something to the members.
The directory is nice but save some money and put it online. Give members the opportunity to order a printed copy and see how much money you save by not having to print out so many copies. Make the BB an E-zine and see if there are savings in not printing that up. I would read it online. How about this - pare it down, redesign it to make a powerful modern publication with a historic twist. Then make it a download that members can get online. Leave the option to allow members to get a printed copy if needed (I can do that with my subscription to Homepower Magazine - saves me money and I can keep a copy right on my computer for research).
The internet is a resource that WBCCI is ignoring for what appears lack of understanding. With a little work it could be their most powerful tool.

Kimber would start an aggressive marketing and advertising campaign using "in-kind" resources with the goal of carrying forward a new mission to improve the WBCCI's public image. In-kind means using resources that are donated, looking for professionals in the club that could contribute to this area from a professional capacity. Part of this effort would be to develop a new mission statement and marketing plan. She would form an implication group to make the marketing plan a reality.

That's our executive decisions for our 2 days.
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
_

. , .
i wonder what effect these relentlessly un original posts on the wbcci have on membership here?

if i were lurking here thinking about joining or posting i'd have to wonder.......what is all this negative karma about wally and the gang?

i wonder if you've ever been around the wbcci hq or a group of long time club volunteers?

"negative waves man, negative waves. why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

oddball

kelly's heroes
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
i wonder what effect these relentlessly un original posts on the wbcci have on membership here?
Thanks for your most original and creative contribution to this topic.
"Methinks thou doth protest too much" - Shakespeare
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
there are a multitude of opinions, as everyone's experience is relative to the organization in their area and how that one is set up. My excitement about joining and becoming active was quickly crushed. I know though that if I lived closer to the South Carolina group for example it would have been a much better positive experience and we might still be members. There has got to be some overall mission statement that would be common to all the local groups and would make the experience more positive everywhere. If there is one we sure did not see it.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
i wonder if you've ever been around the wbcci hq or a group of long time club volunteers?
I guess you haven't seen Buttercup's post on a recent Nevada rally they went to. You would realize what a great time they had and their appreciation of the "long time" members they met.

But there is negative energy toward the club, I think that is the reason for renewing this thread for discussion. We don't want people to have negative energy. Why is it that when you ask some people if they are going to join a WBCCI unit they turn up their nose and wince at you. "Why would we want to join that? Are you crazy?" Well why did you join this forum? We want people to see the all of the great things the club has to offer. We want to see old and young, vintage and new, enjoying the comraderie and tradition of the Airstream Life.

Bill Gates wouldn't be the success he is today if he didn't stop and look at his organization once in a while and wonder what could be better.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I'd start by checking all of the "WBCCI discount" parks to make sure they give discounts to WBCCI members. On our one trip -- admittedly a couple of years ago -- we stopped at two parks listed in the then-current directory, only to be told by local park management that they had never heard of the WBCCI! We also called a third park here in NM to inquire about a WBCCI discount; same response. It was discouraging.

Lynn
Old 01-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1996 28' Excella
Okemos , Michigan
Talking Outside consultants on Organization Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
Bill Gates wouldn't be the success he is today if he didn't stop and look at his organization once in a while and wonder what could be better.
Our people have some ideas about running organizations from our experiences in waste management consulting......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20054.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	17510  
AIR#2276
sander17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Nice visual come back! Lets hope the WBCCI doesn't ask Tony Soprano how to keep people in the organization, otherwise I might find myself with my feet stuck in cement on the bottom of the Hudson.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote