I\'d rather belong or do belong to a different RV club. 0 0%
I am neutral on this subject. 8 5.59%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2003, 09:17 PM   #15
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Even money?

Something is wrong wth your viewer. It is not even close.
What are the numbers as you see it?

Old 12-27-2003, 09:20 PM   #16
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
At this moment, half of the polled are members.

27 percent simply said they are not members. Fair to say that these folks are neutral. and less than 10 percent are less than neutral.

come on man, face the music.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:32 PM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Cute Ken. I too know that there are several different ways to look at the info, but I don't look at it the same as you do if you also take the other poll into consideration.

At this point I think 50/50 is about fair right now.

Keep in mind I have no benefit to see that it goes 60/40, 70/30 or even 80/20 in favor of the disgruntled folks. I don't get any kick out of seeing folks walk. Remember I too have an Airstream and like hanging with folks informally. If there is one thing that I have realized owning an Airstream is that it's a tight family of folks. Regardless of feelings or leanings on subject matter. I'd also like to point out that the majority of the folks that also posted comments voted yes. Most of the others, just voted which is really what I was looking for, not a bunch of comments (but welcoming any comments should someone care to).

I think personally before I gave either side a pat on the back, I'd like to let the thread evolve a bit more before making an firm judgement either way.

Eric
Old 12-27-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
As you should

I too am looking forward to seeing the thread run its course. But as far as a cummulative between both polls, it is even a stronger case for the WBCCI. The other poll is even more heavy on the WBCCI membership and their satisfaction.

Smily
Old 12-27-2003, 09:47 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Ken,

You are entitled to your opinion, but as the facts clearly indicate, it's a about a 50/50 mix right now as I see it. I hope as the thread is allowed to grow that perhaps we'll hit a mix that reflects your viewpoint, but if it doesn't, you'll have to accept that life outside South Carolina is different.

I will say that I am a bit disappointed and not very comfortable with some of what has been said on and off forum among the various current WBCCI threads. I surely hope that this WBCCI thing is not becoming personal for some folks.

I am not trying to sway public opinion, I don't need to. I like many are just looking for answers.

Eric
Old 12-28-2003, 07:47 AM   #20
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Your search

Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. Maybe you should look right within yourself. You have repeatedly conveyed what it is that you do not like about the WBCCI.

I like several others have provided valid advice to make it what you would like to see. It is very simple, quit complaining and become active in the evolution.

This mind set is not exclusive to WBCCI, the great thing about America is that we are a democracy, if you dont like the way things are, you CAN change it. But you cannot sit back and wait for others to do it for you.

Even in politics, people that sit in the back of the room and yell are eventually ignored. But the ones who move to the front of the crowd and maybe even as far as the podium, are listened to and they will rewarded with a following. The following may even be a minority but a following never the less, a group of people that have the same interest.

As in Faith and churches, nobody dictates to us what religion we are to believe in and we, on our own accord, decide which if any church we will attend and faith we will believe in.

It is our own decision and we are the ones who pave our own roads. Some are happy to pay taxes and just travel the roads. These are usually the people who complain that the road is not in good shape. The ones who want good roads, attend community meetings and forums. A perfect example is the parking of RV's in communities. There are folks on this very forum that are dissatisfied with C&R's. They have taken an active role in getting the community to change or see things their way. The ones who speak about it here on the forum are listened to and respected because they are ACTIVE in the evolution.

Get involved and move to the front of the room.
Smily
Old 12-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #21
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Anyone else care to share their information?
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #22
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I will admit that I am biased.

I have been a member for almost 10 years, and for 3 of those I did not have an Airstream. There are expectations for me in my position as to rallies that I will attend, Region 3 rally, International, Sarasota, and all of our unit rallies. I need to be in early for Region 3, International and Sarasota as I wear two hats as Unit President.

This makes me a very active member, but I knew when I accepted the position what the responsibilities were that came with it. I get 3 weeks of vacation and all of it is going to be used this year for WBCCI functions . All I hear around the house is a countdown till the next rally.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #23
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
Thumbs up We'll be joining ....

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinkie
Anyone else care to share their information?
OK ... I'll bite.

I've been subscribing to the Blue Beret for almost a year now without being a member ... so it has given me some impressions (good and bad) of WBCCI.

Petunia and I are in our 50s and very lucky to be retired ... like most club members. We'll be on the road full time for at least 3 years starting this Spring. Since we'll be travelling ... we'll be joining as Members at Large and give the club a tryout.

We see membership as a way of meeting people at Rallies and Airstream Parks. ... and giving us something else to do from time to time. We've also joined the Escapees for the same reasons ... as well as their services.

Will we enjoy being members and remain in WBCCI? We don't know .... check back with us in a year .. or two .. or three.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 ó Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Thumbs up Good idea...

Quote:
Originally posted by smily
Hmmm, for some reason, I cannot vote on either poll. can anyone help? It would be nice if the poll had another selection that reads, "No I am not a member at this time but considering it"
Smily
I added it Ken...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
We are 44 & 48 and still working and are relatively new members of the WBCCI Denver Unit as we have only owned our Airstream two years. We attended our first luncheon in January of 2002, before we owned our A/S...we bought it the next day. We have rarely missed a unit rally or luncheon since and in 2002 we attended the Region 11 Balloon Fiesta Rally in Albuquerque. We truly have enjoyed the friendships of all ages (older & younger than ourselves) that have developed.

Our experience has been mostly positive and we have been welcomed with open arms....so much so that when I was asked to become more involved I said yes. Have there been some rallies & activities that were better than others...of course. But it's all a state of mind...you can choose to either focus on the positive or the negative. We have choosen the positive.

I have never been one to want to be involved in professional organizations, clubs, committees, "cheerleading" or the like, however, I am excited to be in a position to help transition our WBCCI Unit over into the next generation. I am the 2004 2nd VP, which means I have made a three year commitment to the club in helping to oversee and organize the Unit's events. As a lot of you know, we are also very involved in the VAC IntraClub and look forward to the Vintage Rallies too....I have volunteered for the "Wagon Mistress" duties for a second year.

My main goal for my term on the board of the Denver Unit is to integrate the two groups even more than they are currently are so that every rally has a good mix of old & young (both trailers & people). We have a good start due to the open mindedness of both segments. In January, I will also begin working on our unit's website.

Eric, what I don't understand is your determination to disparage a group your aren't even involved with. Of course, most people involved will defend their postion and people that aren't won't...that's just human nature. Why not just live & let live?

Shari
WBCCI #1824, VAC
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #26
Rivet Master

It seems to me the interesting figure in the poll is the number who are members, but are considering not renewing. At this date it is but a single person. Any organization that can consistently get renewals must be meeting the needs of its members.

Me, I'm not a joiner. Not even sociable. Don't drink. Don't play cards. Hate sitting around a lunch table. Am easily bored by "organized" events. But I believe the "the right of the people peaceably to assemble" is one of our most precious rights. More power to those of you who enjoy the WBCCI.

Mark
Old 12-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Shari,

I think you have it all wrong. I'd join in a heartbeat if it were worthwhile and I didn't have to travel to a different state to be a memeber given the year that I was a member of the local unit here in Northern Illinois.

I'm just looking for answers to see where everyone else is. Not the folks that thinking of being in it, hence the request that you change the thread back.

It still amazes me to see how defensive some folks (no one in particular) can get when someone questions WBCCI be it for info, or some other reason. It's a very touchy subject to those that are happy. Some label and beat down, while others show and try to encourage. There is a mix of both types on these threads.

I am happy for the folks that it works for and sadly, I wish we had a local unit that was as fun and forward thinking as some of you all find yourself, but please don't pass judgements and make me out to be the bad guy. If everything in WBCCI was wonderful across the country, I suppose we'd find something else to talk about.

Eric
Old 10-27-2004, 05:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
We just had a "Take Pride In America" rally where we went to Hungy Mother State Park in Southwestern Virgina. There were 14 units there and we built and repaired picnic tables for the park. We also brought a lot of paperwork, scrapbooks and such up todate. We then left the mountains and headed for the seashore of North Carolina where 16 or more units got together from 4 states to have a wonderful weekend together. We were all WBCCI members.

Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote