Old 10-30-2002, 04:41 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
John,
It sure is interesting to see pictures of people I have had discussions with on the forum. I find myself saying, "So that is what he looks like!"

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:57 PM   #58
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
possibly not the best photo of me, but shortly after this pic was taken it rained almost 4 inches!

i spent the rest of the afternoon pulling campers out of the campground with my truck so they could get home!

thank god (and chevy) for four wheel drive, one of the guys that was stuck had a pop up camper on a two wheel drive pick up. he had a medical emergency and needed to get home right away.

was one of my better vacations!

john

Old 10-30-2002, 08:38 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Flags

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:15 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
You look like you are having fun.

Edie, I didn't catch the flags in the background. The comment had me laughing my head off. Sorry John, don't want to get in the middle of this one.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:34 PM   #61
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
yes i was having fun,

as for edie, i know she is just kidding. right?

john
Old 10-30-2002, 09:40 PM   #62
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
John,

As a native Wisconsinite and her husband I can assure you she was kidding . We enjoyed Bucky Ball when we lived there and I still watch it once in a while. It sounds and looks like you had a grand time at the rally. Now if we could only get some of your cooler weather down here!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 09:48 PM   #63
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
cheeze heads

i thought you guys were from wisconsin, too bad the badgers aren't playing well this year.

however, it looks like the packers may go all the way this year!

this pretty much sums up my attitude on camping!

john
Old 10-31-2002, 06:55 AM   #64
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Mixed Marriage

Truth be told, I married a Yankee. Brett is from WI, but I am a Floridian.

I had heard that mixed marriages can be difficult, but we seem to be able to work through the differences.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:55 AM   #65
Rivet Master

Nice Blunt!!!

John HD,

On my way back home from B.C., I stopped over in Stevens Point to visit with some friends, but I didn't know they had those big BLUNTS up there. I wish I knew it, since I don't drink!
John
Old 10-31-2002, 11:51 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Cornville , Arizona
Talking WB Club

READ MY LIPS, Camping is supposed to be fun! Wheels does it all. It is what gives us our mobility! Don't camp to get tied down in tradition or regimentation!! It's freedom that we bye with our mony and our efforts...... Read the thread "......longest trip in an AS......." That's what RVing is all about . That's why I left organized camping....{Coast to Coast & Camp Ground Memberships, etc } been jerked around enough by them.... Enjoy! Tom
Old 11-06-2002, 11:21 AM   #67
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Local Rally

I Went to the local Unit Rally this past weekend.

As I said before I am willing to read the whole book and I recommend that others do also. The folks were very friendly and warm. Not only were they warm they were genuinely concerned of my opinions and well being.

Apparently some of the members had reviewed this thread and were quick to dissolve my concerns about the State Rally in SC.

It was apparent that these folks were not about to be stereo-typed or branded as "we are all the same".

I was fortunate enough to witness the installation of Officers of the Unit for the year to come. The installation was performed by the Region President. The President was very adamant about the fortune of being part of one of the best Local Units that he is aware of.

We had our toddler with us and I will admit that we were the only ones there with children but we were welcomed just the same. The folks literally "grand parented" our toddler all weekend.

It was an experience that all should witness and be a part of. There were all ages and walks of life, Doctors, Carpenters, Salepeople, self employed entrepreneurs and even some who are fortunate enough to not have to work anymore.

After completing the first Chapter of this saga and wondering what lied in the campgrounds ahead, I have completed the second chapter. I have gained even more enthusiasm about participating in the adventures and comraderie of being a member of the WBCCI.

This Unit is definitely people oriented and did not come across as being judgemental.

They too are looking for fresh air to be breathed into the the WBCCI and I say to thee, give it a go and and join the WBCCI.

Graciously,
Smily
Old 11-06-2002, 11:32 AM   #68
4 Rivet Member

1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Wayne County , Michigan
Glad everything has worked out and your worries alleved! I contacted our local unit membership chairman the other night and was very impressed with the friendliness and willingness to talk to a complete stranger. The first impression was great, we are looking forward to at least visiting our first rally to see what it's all about with much enthusiasm.

Jason
"Hawley"
TAC Member MI-6
2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Z71 w3.73
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 09:28 PM   #69
3 Rivet Member

2002 34' Classic S/O
Irvine , California
Smile

Smily:

Our experience last weekend was exactly like yours. We went on our first rally. The people were friendly, they made it clear that we were to free to participate in any or all activities we chose, and they all went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

They presented us with name tags, and they all wore theirs, even though they have all known each other for 10, 20, or 30 years.

Everything was what we had hoped. I would encourage everyone to give the club a try. Next month we will go to the installation of new officers...

PS: I still wonder about the unwritten rule that no alcohol containers be seen, but I'll work on that in the months to come.
2005 Yukon XL, 3/4 ton, 4WD, 8.1 engine
pjtaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 11:22 AM   #70
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Survey for WBCCI

Looks like there is a survey for all who are interested or have thought of joining the WBCCI.

The survey allows interested parties to convey their opinions and interests in the WBCCI events and memberships including, rally attractions, fees, locations, membership drives, entertainment and family participation.

I have filled out this survey and I would personally request and recommend that all members take the ten or fifteen minutes to fill it out and send it back.

This survey will hopefully influence the WBCCI to focus on membership recruiting and retention.

The WBCCI has been around for a long time and will be around for a long time to come.

So if the response rate is high, the rallies and events will get better and attractive to all walks of life including the working class with children. (like me).

It is apparent that most of us here on this forum are proud to be part of a great tradition and I think many would like to get together in the rallies if the rallies were well rounded and exciting for all of us proud owners of the American dream.

Please request your survey and fill it out at this link.

http://www.geocities.com/ksmillie/WBCCI_Survey.html

Smily