Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
WBCCI--One Woman's So-So Opinion

OK I just had to do that!

Obviously everyone has had different experiences in the WBCCI. Not everyone has access to the most popular and happening units. Spending 75 dollars and joining a unit you are too far to travel to attend unit events, even at the savings of spending only 56 dollars, is still only marginally better than spending it not to attend unit events in your immediate vicinity.

I think the best way to reconcile the opinions at odds is to consider the sources, the localities, the units, the personalities and offer a hearing ear and make strides to become more appealing and try some change. I have yet to come to understand what could possibly go so horribly wrong as to not allow for spontaneity and experimentation. Who has fun duplicating a course of same action year in and year out and not changing with the times and accepting younger and newer generations and their priorities and interests? ANSWER: Some old fogies, of which there happen to be a lot of within the WBCCI. If you have been fortunate enough to escape abuse then consider yourself lucky and don't talk disparagingly to those that have already experienced generational shock and abuse, that does exist. If you have had experience and moved on, show some empathy for the newly disillusioned and remember when and what happened to you back when... They don't have two heads, we know EXACTLY what they feel and are talking about. A little support towards others that are not able to enjoy your unit and experiences without condescending comments amounting to their own failings to have fun would be more honest and welcoming.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Here ye, here ye!!!

I don't believe the WBCCI in my local will offer me the distinct *camping* experiences that I currently seek. I joined, honestly, to get those red numbers on my AS. The same numbers that my grandparents had. They were avid Airstreamers and the WBCCI did meet their needs. They had a great time traveling all over North, Central & South America and even abroad with their comrads. They had a wonderful life and they were the reason for my attraction to the Silver Twinkies. Though my experiences in Ophelia are probably quite a bit less *sophisticated* than theirs, we've enjoyed them the same. Maybe someday I'll *mature* and look forward to the routines offered by the traditional WBCCI. I know that the local group here is probably just fine - and full of nice and welcoming folks - and I may join them on a couple events.

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote