Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #141
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82 View Post
Do I need to be drunk to understand the last two pages of this thread????

I understand it, and I'm stone cold sober.

Should I be concerned?
WDCU
Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 AM   #142
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger View Post
Should I be concerned?
Be afraid. Be very, very afraid...
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #143

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
If you don't Support WBCCI Then...

There are many opinions here along with some very good dialog and this is one of the best forum groups that I have ever been associated with.

I'd like the idea of being a part of the WBCCI eventually, and I appreciate the history conveyed by PeeWee and others here, but the blue numbers will suffice for now. Sally and I have met some great folks here, and at some forums rallies, and I'm sure if we became involved in the WBCCI we'd find the same.

Since I am foregoing WBCCI membership (at this time) I decided to renew my AIR $20 here and use the remaining money I would spend on WBCCI membership towards purchases from the vendors on this site.

Let's see...One AIR Gold Rivet, one HA HA, or Propride, some disc brakes from Andy, blue numbers from Devo, and with ODMRV being just 90 miles away I've been by there twice in the past month.

Maybe I should just go with the WBCCI and save myself the money.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #144
3 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
calgary , alberta
How does one become a supporting member of the forum? Jon
Old 10-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #145
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenry View Post
Click on the "Stickers Now Available!" image in the upper right hand corner of the page and follow the directions from there.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
Old 10-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #146
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenry View Post
Click the "Forum Stickers Available" box, upper right of this page.

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

1979 Sovereign International
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Old 10-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #147
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Airstream has a new VP of marketing: Sue Dooley Named New Airstream VP of Marketing : RV Business

It's been about 6 weeks since Bob Wheeler posted on the Airstream Marketing thread (http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...eam-53083.html) and promised to post about corrosion: "Corrosion This question takes a fair amount of research; as such we will try to answer related questions in future communications." New VP Sue Dooley is probably advising on whether to hope everyone forgets about that thread or figure out how to answer it.

Gene
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #148
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Airstream has a new VP of marketing:...

...New VP Sue Dooley is probably advising on whether to hope everyone forgets about that thread or figure out how to answer it.

Gene

From the article:
"...she was instrumental in developing our relationship with Victorinox Swiss Army."

“Having worked with some of the country’s top brands, we look forward to Sue bringing a fresh and strategic perspective to Airstream¹s marketing initiatives,” Wheeler said"

I just can't wait for the new Speedo/Rolls Royce version of an Airstream.
WDCU
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #149
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
"Corrosion This question takes a fair amount of research; as such we will try to answer related questions in future communications." New VP Sue Dooley is probably advising on whether to hope everyone forgets about that thread or figure out how to answer it.

Gene
Do I read this right they putting a snicker and underwear salesman in charge of a complex engineering question?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #150

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Do I read this right they putting a snicker and underwear salesman in charge of a complex engineering question?

I don't know HowieE. The underwear part may not be so far off base.

Seems like there are those who need them, as well as those who need to know how to wear them.
Attached Images

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #151
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Sue Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger View Post
From the article:
"...she was instrumental in developing our relationship with Victorinox Swiss Army."

“Having worked with some of the country’s top brands, we look forward to Sue bringing a fresh and strategic perspective to Airstream¹s marketing initiatives,” Wheeler said"

I just can't wait for the new Speedo/Rolls Royce version of an Airstream.
During the week I was in Jackson Center, last month, I met Sue Dooley. Great marketing manager, great person, and given the task to keep the icon alive. So all and all, if you haven't met her and haven't talked with her, don't second guess the future.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #152
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
I don't know HowieE. The underwear part may not be so far off base.

Seems like there are those who need them, as well as those who need to know how to wear them.
Chief,

We hav'n funz now, how's the attitude?, poz I hpoe.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #153
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Chief,

We hav'n funz now, how's the attitude?, poz I hpoe.

I positively think that I should listen to my (smarter) spouse's advice: turn old Rocinante out to pasture, and leave those windmills alone.

Which means that I probably shouldn't post a thread entitled "Firearms - Why One Man Thinks every Airstream should come equipped with one."

Are we having fun....yes, we have.....but, as with most threads (and clubs, fads, etc.) it is beginning to expire as fresher topics come along. It has been an interesting exercise in human behavior.....one, that I hope has helped some.....even those who are committed to the WBCCI and will be energized to put more into their respective unit. For those that had their blood pressure go up.....take some deep breaths.....think about how great it is to live in a country where you have the freedom to express your opinions......and, also still have the choice to do it in English.

Check out my tag line.....which should convey that I have a positive attitude most of the time......unless live ammo happens to be headed in my direction.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 10-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #154
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post

Which means that I probably shouldn't post a thread entitled "Firearms - Why One Man Thinks every Airstream should come equipped with one."
Please don't.

'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
I refrained from posting here until I saw where it would go. I have to say it has gone in every direction. Pretty good dialogue from all points of view, even the wabbit. I note as I write this that 2 mods are keeping an eye on this thread too. Seems ole Chief got everyone involved, thinking and talking. I have to say that my limited exposure to the WBCCI has been through some of its members at the Can Opener rallies. All were good. There does not appear to be an active chapter in Memphis (I do think they have a lunch every now and then) so my ability to get on this wagon is limited. Joining the WDCU or 4CU doesn't make much sense because of my location and finite number of vacation days each year. Chief's discussion is about his experience. There are many other discussions on this Forum about good and bad experiences as well as the pros and cons of the WBCCI proper. Chief gave it a shot and decided it wasn't for him. Frankly, I thought long and hard before attending the first Can Opener, mostly because of I was afraid of driving 8 hours and then not having a good time. I will attend my 4th in January. Obviously I continue to have a good time and have met some really fine folks. Until there is an active,camping chapter in my area, I'll just enjoy the good company of Forum members and hope that the WBCCI survives. What it has to do to survive has been discussed here many times so I'll leave that to others that are members. Chief, thanks for the discussion.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Chief
Chief please don't let the nay sayers from Taxachusetts dissuade you. I would such start the tread but will yield to a better writer to get it started.

If nothing else I think we could overload the server with that one.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #157
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
HEY!! Don't you be dissin' my homeland, now!!!

Not to hijack, but that right there is a real miscarriage of justice, for us to get such a bad rap on the tax thing. The reality is that we're very "middle of the road" in terms of total tax burden. Lots of other states have it much worse. New Jersey is the first one that comes to mind...(a-hem) followed closely by NY. But there's no way to make a cutesy alliteration from the names of those great states...so WE get stuck with this totally undeserved rep.

Anyway...In all seriousness, I'm sure any mod that saw the Chief's taunting little quip on his thoughts on future thread subjects had the same exact reaction, regardless of their location. "NOoooo!!! NOT THAT!!!!!! PLEEeeeeze!!!"
Old 10-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #158
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Hijackapalooza

Oh no, a taxing turn to the right, then a turn to the middle (or was it left?).

Gene
Old 10-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #159
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
HEY!! Don't you be dissin' my homeland, now!!!
Would you rather we dissed your avatar?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #160
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
Would you rather we dissed your avatar?
(been meaning to fix that, but yeah, go right ahead. I've been doing plenty of it, myself. )
Closed Thread